In one fell swoop, Apple killed off the two most iconic designs about it's laptop: the glowing logo, and MagSafe

In one fell swoop, Apple killed off the two most iconic designs about it's laptop: the glowing logo, and MagSafe.

How does it feel, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

macrumors.com/2015/09/02/intel-skylake-notebooks-desktops/
apple.com/shop/product/MNF82LL/A/87w-usb-c-power-adapter
sonderdesign.com/
9to5mac.com/2016/10/13/apple-foxconn-sonder-keyboard-dynamic/
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/10/pc-oems-ditch-the-custom-touchpad-drivers-give-us-precision-touchpad/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pretty lame IMO. at least they killed off the low res model of the MBP completely.
hopefully the new retina capable air will restore the glowing logo and bring thunderbolt 3 magsafe

>magnetic connector
>glowing light

oh wow who cares

>the glowing logo
wait what
was there a conference?

You'd be retarded to think that the glowing Apple logo wasn't a cornerstone of Apple's branding for the past decade and a half.

hipster do care, otherwise their 2000 usd facebook machine would look like a mac clone

>muh hipster bullshit!!!

lol who cares lol

Still a pure waste of energy.

>new retina capable air
HAHAHAHAHAHA

It was light from the backlight

I didn't want their machines before, and I still don't after these changes

It's the backlight bleeding through polycarbonate

>killed the light up advertisement

About fucking time

retard

>caring about branding

Is there a phrase for the Apple fanboy shuffle when a touted feature gets deleted, or a previously dismissed competitor feature gets added?

E.g. the iPhone was perfectly sized, and its competitors were too big because "you can't use them one handed" until one day the iPhone got bigger and suddenly big phones were a great idea.

Or today, the magsafe, supposedly a brilliant Apple innovation that any fanboy would swear had saved their laptop from certain destruction, is now dropped and now it's not necessary.

It wouldn't work with their new display tech

Yeah it's Sheeple.

The MagSafe was actually a great idea. I don't know how many times someone, myself or otherwise, knocked the cable off my laptop instead of yanking my laptop of the table.

Plus it had a little LED on it that told you if the laptop was full or not. The USB chargers don't. So now I gotta fucking open the thing and wake it up to check the battery level now? Fuck.

i personally didn't care about the magsafe "saving" my laptop, ever. I just liked how effortless it was to connect.

that said, the keyboard is far more of a possible deal breaker

meh

I was glad they killed off the glowing Apple logo. Fuck that shit.

That's why I'm glad it's gone. When I use my macbook outside or by a window, if the sun hits it right there's a bright apple-shaped spot in the middle of my screen.

(still not getting a new one, of course)

In the case of magsafe, you could legitimately argue that it's no longer as useful now that laptops can have all-day battery life - you can just charge it in a safe place overnight instead of running the charger across a room while you work. I personally still think they shouldn't have removed it, though.

>charging led
>removable batteries with led charge indicator
How did it go so wrong?

lol I can't afford it anyway so what do I care

rip magsafe

I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but present Apple is a fucking joke without Jobs.

>buy a pair of lightning headphones for my iphone
>can't use them on my (((NEW)))) laptop

>gets rid of magsafe for usb-c
>still keeps lightning on the iphone

>D O N G L E C I T Y

>the shit fucking keyboard with absolutely no key travel

>Admitting they fucked up with the AirPods and delayed production

>re-using the same iPhone design for three whole generations

>lightning charger ports on their mouse and keyboard
>charger port on the bottom for the mouse instead of using wireless charging like with the apple watch

Fucking Apple. I wouldn't buy any other laptop than a MacBook but they completely sodomized me with this generation.

>When I use my macbook outside or by a window, if the sun hits it right there's a bright apple-shaped spot in the middle of my screen.

HAHAHA HOLY SHIT

If it was $1,200 for the entry level model, i'd have probably got it.

But gee, that extra 200 bucks makes me want to say fuck it. Maybe i'll just get a refurbished model again.

Right? It takes full sunlight for it to show up, so it's not like I got completely memed, but still.

People who pay for this crap do

Yeah who needs to see their screen anyways?

why is the touch pad so ugly and big ?

Is there any chance of making a hackintosh out of the new Microsoft products? Fuck apple in the butthole, but I'm too used to Final Cut Pro and Motion to make a switch to windows now. Surface studio looks nice but I need macos

Is it true that macfaggots are pressured into buying the newest macbook with every design refresh because if they don't, people will think they're using a macbook clone running windows?

apple logo was the gayest thing about the laptop.

>The 12" MacBook was joke and despised by real Mac users
>Apple changes their entire MacBook lineup to copy everything bad about their GayBook
faggot power at Apple finally shows what its capable of

Not really. Most of the people I know IRL that use Macbooks are using older versions. And when they need a new one, they just buy a used or refurbished model.

If you still buy it they won't care

laptop industrial design has become so fucking generic that I don't care anymore, the only places where you see some sort of creativity is on gaming laptops but then again, gaming laptops :/

Magsafe was, while poorly implemented with cheap cables that broke weekly and caused fires, a legitimately good innovation that suffered because Apple wasn't able to make the cables cheaply enough.

>air
MacBook Air is kill

laptops are too fucking expensive. thanks to apple people feel more comfortable charging exuberant prices. at least pcs have decent hardware to match their pricing.
>apple doesn't even advertise their processor info, just muh i7 and clock speed.

Intel is selling them what's left of their skylake stock while making place for kaby.
>macfags pay premium for it

Two features Sup Forums gets irrationally mad about, so that's a good thing, right?

>hopefully the new retina capable air will restore the glowing logo and bring thunderbolt 3 magsafe
macbook pro w/o touch bar is the macbook air w/ retina.
same CPU as prev air, i.e. 15W one instead of 28W like prev mbp.
macrumors.com/2015/09/02/intel-skylake-notebooks-desktops/

obv couldn't call it a mba while charging mbp prices.

welcome to 2015 when the retina macbook did that.

I've been using Apple laptops since 2004, But this 2013 Air is probably going to be my last, pity, i was looking to upgrade next year too. I really like OS X, but i'm not tied into it, all my software is multi-platform, so i'm not tied into it completely.

Right now it's looking like an Surface Pro (Or book.. but those seem weird to me still), XPS 13, or just sucking it up and getting a MacBook.

Why do you Fuchs even care about this

USB C is fine too, great even

Is this seriously how you buy your laptop

What do you use the computer for, mostly?

Your opinion of the product shouldn't be based on hipsters

I'm going to go ahead and get one of the 2015 macbooks.

I always kinda wanted one in the back of my mind.

yeah well fuck, I need a MBP for iOS development. I'm thinking of the base 15", but I'm really digging the touch bar at all.

Maybe I can get a late 2015 maxed out MBP for cheap in a few months.

Though I like the idea of TB3 + external GPU for vydia.

i got one last July. So happy I didn't wait for the shit they released today.

Wait they actually got rid of the glowing Apple logo? Talk about shitting the bed.

>not liking glorious magsafe
kill youself
next thing you guys are going to say it's better if it uses alkaline battery and you don't have to recharge, you just get new ones when it's empty.

are you implying people dont go out of their way just to show off the apple logo

it's the only thing that sells ifashionaccessories

I don't care. I wasn't going to buy it before, and I'm not going to buy it now.

They better have redesigned the power brick this time, it's been ten years and all the power cables STILL fail with the insulation splitting and coming off the wire.

> glowing Apple logo
it's fucking nothing
> magsafe
that's sad desu, but you can get a cheap magsafe ripoff usb-c adaptor on amazon anyways.

TFW CUBE

the power brick is just a brick. the cable is a generic USB Type C cable that plugs into it.

pic related is literally it. should be a shitload easier to pack a few type C cables and that brick (rather than a brick with a permanently attached cord coming out of it).

apple.com/shop/product/MNF82LL/A/87w-usb-c-power-adapter

>compiz circa 2007

WHAT INNOVATION APPLE DOES IT AGAIN

magsafe was a pain in the ass desu
>connector falls out when moving around with the plug in at the slightest possible movement of the machine
>clings to random metal objects with enough strength to be worthwhile investigating it's utility as a more expensive alternative to rivets.

>That's why I'm glad it's gone. When I use my macbook outside or by a window, if the sun hits it right there's a bright apple-shaped spot in the middle of my screen.
>(still not getting a new one, of course)

HAHAHAHA MY SIDES

10 rupees have been deposited into your account

>That's why I'm glad it's gone. When I use my macbook outside or by a window, if the sun hits it right there's a bright apple-shaped spot in the middle of my screen.

Holy shit is this for real?

Why has world been silent about this monstrosity?

this.

magsafe is the one true way to charge a laptop. will not be buying apple laptops until they reinstate it

>n the case of magsafe, you could legitimately argue that it's no longer as useful now that laptops can have all-day battery life - you can just charge it in a safe place overnight instead of running the charger across a room while you work. I person
yeah and i could legitimately argue that i do real work on my laptop and it's battery may only last for 3-5 hours when i'm doing intensive shit on a regular basis like running a vm, or audio software, or even xcode

holy fuck they actually use that? that's embarrasing, actually.

can you explain the appeal of the touch bar to me? i'd think something like sonderdesign.com/ has a lot more potential - 9to5mac.com/2016/10/13/apple-foxconn-sonder-keyboard-dynamic/
apple itself has been in talks, two or three other companies too, they say. My point is - with those keys you can at least type without looking, as opposed to this thing that you'll always have to look at. i just don't get the real appeal. some new thinkpads had them too and it's terrible that there's no feedback at all.

>the power cables STILL fail with the insulation splitting and coming off the wire.
just how roughly are you handling your shit mate? are you using them to strap down a load on your truck?

probably beacuse it's not a monstrosity. it's a rare edge case that one person on the internet claimed. if you think his claim, while valid, represents everyone's experience, you're a cuck because for everyone else it works, and they're going to remain silent

That's just standard mac user switching, been like that for as long as I can remember, did it on my iMac G4. Nothing special here guys.

>probably beacuse it's not a monstrosity

Do apple users prefer this?

Posturing

What the original user said about light bleed in through the apple logo is true but only happens if you hold it up directly through sunlight... almost hardly ever the case when using the device.

A lot of people at my university had this problem, mostly because they wrapped the cable tightly around those plastic cable management ears every time they packed up their computer. The sharp plastic corners really wreck the thin insulation and unlike a PC power cord, the neutral wire isn't insulated separately.

>the neutral wire isn't insulated separately
are you in the US?
is this only an US thing?

pretty bad tbqh... One of the main reasons I got a Macbook was for the glowing logo.... Why are they starting to make all their products look so bland?

dunno about the last guy, but each brick cable lasts about 2 years. I have to carry my laptop around every day in a backpack or briefcase, and the cable rapidly degrades just while wrapped loosely in my bag.

Why is Sup Forums still obsessed with this meme brand when Dell and Asus have been making better laptops in the past 2 years already?

because when Apple makes a new laptop, thousands of tech blogs will line up and tongue apple's ass, while if Dell releases a new laptop, nobody fucking cares.

I have a glowing logo right here inside my panties if you know what i mean

>two most iconic designs about
>it's laptop

Where did you go to school? Did you go to school?

>making a hackintosh out of the new Microsoft products
Why would you use Microsoft-designed hardware?
Get a ThinkPad or something.

lenovo doesn't use almost Apple-like precision touchpads:
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/10/pc-oems-ditch-the-custom-touchpad-drivers-give-us-precision-touchpad/

I think he's talking about the DC line. Every laptop power supply I've cut the wire on has been built sort of like coax. The negative wire is a shield. I think it might help prevent interference from a switching power suply that the designer decided to cut corners on by reducing filtering.

I'm not sure why that's relevant. One exposed wire at ground potential isn't not a bigger problem than a self-destructing cable is already.

FYI neutrals are insulated in the US. Ground wire in 12-2 isn't usually but some times the ground is insulated separately.

not only removable batteries, but small internal as well that allowed hot swapping the battery on a sleeping machine

Kek

just get the $300 acer with all you need

>his laptop has a headphone jack

I still can't believe that they released the iPhone 7 literally less than month ago and then they remove the ability to charge it by switching to USB c.

>j-j-just buy an adapter it'll be alright!
kek

I'm comparing with the power cord on my Dell laptop which I had to splice back together after a beagle chewed it. That one had 3 wires twisted together forming the DC cord. It was definitely thicker than Apple's cords which is probably why Apple doesn't do that.

nigga quit cryin that shit is still fire as fuck and imma get me 1 with the touch bar.....

Why wouldn't apple make it a touch screen? Who cares about a touch bar...

I always thought the glowing logo looked cheap as fuck. Good riddance I say.

That picture belongs in gore threads. No wire can handle that kind of stress. No matter if it is HP, Asus, or Dell, they all fray or break off like that when you don't give the wire a generous loop before you start wrapping it around the brick itself.

Apple might use low quality materials, but that does not excuse the kind of abuse shown in your picture.

microsoft makes shit software, but their hardware is quite decent. Granted, I've only used their mice and keyboards so far, but they were all really good for the price.

>apple forcing USB-C on everything
>meanwhile still using my glorious USB 3.0 on my 2015 rMBP 13"

feelsgoodman

I won't be upgrading for a long time.

>How does it feel, Sup Forums?
Why would I care? I stopped using apple anything years ago when I realized all apple products are garbage, which is what everyone should have done.