I fucking hate Mountain View

>Hey [CEO of startup], are you going to be in the office tomorrow? There's something I'd like to talk to you and [Chief of Engineering] about.

Is that okay? Gonna be asking for a change of role and a raise. Currently doing QA and my soul is dying. If they say no I'm gonna move out of this hell hole.

Also email or slack?

I'd take your job and your salary any day

This.

Also I'd take your money, wallet, phone, and those shoes are nice too

What's QA? Quantitative analysis?
Why is your soul dying on QA?

Aspiring to be an analyst ;_;

Quality Assurance

mountain dew and doritos are the best.

i hope you get canned right there on the spot

what about
>I have a concern I'd like to discuss with you and [Chief of Engineering].

Oh thank fuck.
Having major issues on my part as to whether I should switch gear to statistical analysis and mathematical analysis.
Last thing I needed was people shitting on my goals haha.

I'd say slack, since every fucking nerd uses it and corporations are basically shitting it down our necks at the moment. Conform or die, user.
Also fuck yeah you deserve a raise my man.

Email. Slack is for faggots

Management, here.

If you go into a meeting and ask for a raise, you better have some data showing why I should pay you more. As in "here's how I contribute more than others on my team" or "here's where I'm branching out in my current role".

Any time I have had a direct come to me and say they'd rather be doing something else, I see where they rank among their peers and if they are middle of the road or bottom of the barrel, I agree with them and also suggest that it's with another company.

You're opening a big can of worms by doing both of these at the same time.

So here's my logic
I am not happy
I deserve to be happy
If I am not going to be given what I need to be happy here, I will go somewhere else
If you do not find me valuable then I do not want to be here, and will go somewhere else

I honestly don't give a shit if I get canned, I will not put up with being unhappy

>I deserve to be happy

Ight, hol up

>I deserve to be happy
What have you done to deserve this?

>I honestly don't give a shit if I get canned, I will not put up with being unhappy
There's your issue. You need to realize that corporations do not give a shit about your "happiness". They will fire your ass the moment you begin to question their logic.

We seriously need another labor revolution, though.

Happiness is just being fulfilled by what you do
I can find fulfillment in a place where the cost of living isn't 65% of my pay

You are assuming the employer has all the power
If he can get another job easily they do not

I don't work for a corporation, I develop open source software
I trust that the CEO has a belief in community, otherwise he would have never invested in something that is driven by community

user, you're going to be fired before you even finish your well-rehearsed monologue.

Stop being naive, they don't give a fuck.
If you find a better opening elsewhere, you take it, modern corporate culture does not value loyalty AT ALL.

In what ways would you be more valuable in the other roles vs QA? Your happiness is not a reason, unfortunately. Your "happy" just to have a job, thats the mindset an employer wants you to have. Whether or not thats reality, is another story. Your job is to meet those two realities half way. You need an actual objective reason why youd be better off in the other position.

And saying being happier will make you more productive is a bad, bad answer (again, regardless of this is true or not).

Gl m8

If that's how it goes down then I want to get fired
I need to do this, man

I agree for the most part, but loyalty at a startup/ small business is worth a lot more than loyalty at a big place.

Guys I sent it

R I P

Go back to school, Tyrone.

Chief of Engineering will be there
No word from CEO yet

>
>user, you're going to be fired before you even finish your well-rehearsed monologue.
>Stop being naive, they don't give a fuck.
>If you find a better opening elsewhere, you take it, modern corporate culture does not value loyalty AT ALL.
Wew someone got butthurt

>fucking retard moved to sanfran thinking he was owed a great salary AND a good, enjoyable job
real world doesn't work like that retard.

and for fuck's sake don't come crying up here to Seattle beggin for more of the same, we've had it up to here with you shitty san francisco tech refugees.

I deserve to have a choice, and my employer deserves the oppertunity to sway my decision

Also I aint goin to seattle, brah
I'm fleeing to the mountains

>I deserve to be happy

fucking millennials, SHAKING MY FUCKING HEAD

so people don't deserve happiness according to you?

>complains about millennials

bet you are 12 years old kiddo.

not him, but yeah sure, buddy, everyone deserves happiness. they also deserve a fully-paid-for house and your sister as a stay-at-home wife. throw in a new car too. oh, and all of this is coming out of your paycheck, wagecuck. dont complain now, everyone deserves to be happy, right?

You are in control of your life
If you are not content, do something about it
If it blows up, be content, for this is what you wanted

What does this have to do with mountain view?

You'd better have another job lined up. The only time to ask for a raise if you have another offer with a higher salary. If it is a very early stage startup, they won't have the money to give you (you may get equity if you are very lucky).

Make the switch man, Data Analysis is comfy as fuck

I have no future in the multi-million dollar Silicon Valley circlejerk

I hope you are considering that you are able to prove that you are able to provide more value than not only your current peers, but /also/ the people who work in the same department as the one you want to transfer to. You /need/ to be able to show this to have a chance in hell. If you aren't able to show this, then maybe you can negotiate another alternative, such as moving when you can prove to your boss that your skill set is worth investing in. I would hope that you have already done this, so if it doesn't go well for you OP, you're still young so you will have other opportunities.

I'm rooting for you OP. As long as you have thought this through well, and you're confident, you'll be ok. If not, then just get the fuck out of the valley already and come to the comfy east coast. We have a lot less spics, aren't completely fucking retarded.

I'll charisma check it dude
I won't need to prove anything

i admire you for not staying in a stagnant, soul killing position that most people would stay in/ are currently in

i wish i were brave enough to do the same.

Here's to some natural 20s then!

>roll quads
>on natural 20s post
It must be true

Nice quads

inb4 user gets promoted to CEO

>I deserve to be happy
present evidence of this claim, please.

I have a qt 3.14 big tiddie gf

Its a shame you came here to ask this. Look at the fucking responses. Reddit would have given you so much more

You deserve to be happy, and if you have good management, they'll agree. If you're happy, you are more productive and in turn are a better investment. If you have good management, they'll try to make something work.

If you're going to just ask for a raise, back your arg up with data. If you want to incorporate other tasks / roles, they'll be happy to at least meet you half way.

We're gonna have to do some face checking here user. We'll start with, is she 3d or 2d.

>I'll charisma check it dude
If you have to ask about a one line email I doubt it.

Not the other user, but be prepared to explain why you should be paid more, even if its a comparison to the average salary for your position or the position you want.