Desk Chair General

What does Sup Forums sit on?

Just picked up this recently reupholstered leap v1 for $115. Bout to throw rollerblade casters on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

boss-design.co.uk/task-and-visitor/p/46/desc/lily/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump?

bump for OP

I have an areon that I got for free because people are stupid.

got a v2 for double that. kinda creaky if i move it from its spot, but a champ otherwise. love the damm thing.

ikea markus

wish the seat had more depth, but its otherwise bretty good for the

I had a choice between a v2 and v1, i went with the v1 because it seemed way more sturdy. Jelly of the forward and backward motion on the arm rests tho.

>Americlaps so fat they talk about their chairs

Let's discuss the best mats for standing desks and what everyone is using

i have an aeron that i got used for ~$300. i spend a fair amount of my waking time in it (24 hours per day - 6 (sleep) - 7 (lab) - 2 (gym) = around 9 hours of my life spent free, usually at home).

consider the contact points in your life (your keyboard, mouse, monitors, desk, chair, bed, etc...) and invest in those things. those are the things you'll notice if you cheap out on. if you don't cook regularly, splurging on a nice knife set probably won't have a huge impact on your quality of life. but you'll probably notice the difference between a shitty chair and a good one.

amazonbasics mesh chair. its shit but it was 60 bucks

really great those arm rests.

have to say, thing looks good too, not scuffed up to hell like others i've seen.

Steelcase chairs are really built like tanks. I have two inbmy house now, onenthat came from an old hospital from almost 20 years back, in better conditoon that any office chair youd pick up at staples after 6 months of moderate use. No fabric tears, no mechanical issues, nothing. Id gladly shell out full price knowing that the formula hasnt been fucked with too much for nearly two decades.

hey chaps, r8 me

pussy magnet/10

Why don't you buffoon fart musters just buy ex company office equipment ? The chairs are like 20 years old and still solid. The stuff large companies use is dirt cheap when they're auctioning it off

who says we dont

used chair with my used desk and used thinkpad

fuck you

not him, but nobody buys a used IKEA markus or from an office looking to liquidate shit. i'm seeing lots of poorfags and gaymen faggots.

OP here, that's pretty much exactly what i did, only the chair i bought was personally owned by some psychologist who was moving to another state and wasn't lugging that shit all the way there.

Herman Miller Embody.

11/10

i did exactly this
a used interstuhl 152G for 220€
a new one would cost 420€

1 year warranty and if it ever breaks the shop will fix it

That chair is fucking awesome

i have a hard time believing this chair is as comfortable as it looks

Ikea Markus got one used on Craigslist for like $60

my dad bought me a DXracer cuz i spent 6 months with a neurological disorder and was unable to sit upright the entire time so when I could finally sit upright again at my rig i was /comfy/

It's perfect. I love it. gf bought one too a week after mine arrived.

I sit in this.

of course you do.

>used anything ever
Gross.

It's very comfortable. I'm 30, not one of you gaming children. It suits my needs being taller and I work out (for STR) so I weigh more (230) than a standard chair is rated. Was only $400 so I didn't care.

must be nice having dosh.

>used Markus

>I'm 30, not one of you gaming children
i'm a 27 year old grad student. i just find it totally appropriate that someone on Sup Forums would think bucket race car seats are practical.

I think I have the same one, slightly different

not super comfy, as in it is not a sofa and the lean back function behaves different from other chairs, but it's very sturdy

It's not really bucket. I've owned three stis and one evo 8, those are bucket. This chair is from their office series. I had recaros in my evo.

I traded away my (free) office chair to my aunt and got an old recliner in exchange. Never looking back from this comfy.

How much debt so you have? Lol fucking Americucks

none...? a CS phd student taking out loans is unheard of at my university. if you're not offered a fellowship or covered by a grant, that's a hopefully not too subtle hint that your advisor is done with you.

>CS PhD.
How does it feel wasting so much time of your life

feels fine. if i want to master out i can do that, but i want to do research, which is why i'm getting a phd.

people on Sup Forums seem to think that getting a phd in STEM is the same as getting a phd in women's studies or whatever you got your degrees in. it's not. a phd is for qualitatively different work than a BS or MS graduate would do. if that's not what you want, then you would be wasting your time. or if you don't understand these differences, then you would be wasting everyone's time.

Chairs, gents. CHAIRS

I like it because it supports my body and doesn't let me melt down like a blob

Do you sit like pic relateD?

Does it smell like shit?

Was watching the Apple event yesterday and in one of the promo pics I saw this great looking chair.

I wonder where I could find a similar one?

And the pic I forgot

fatpigsfromWall-E.jpg

boss-design.co.uk/task-and-visitor/p/46/desc/lily/

Comfy as fuck. Got it cheap too.

>racer
>chair