USB Type C is Cancer!

A 24-pin Connector?!? A 24 PIN CONNECTOR?!?!? Did AAANYONE Think this thru?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_Type-C

>Hey its the hot new standard on all the hot new devices
That nothing natively plugs into cause fuck you

Besides some smartphones and expensive ass monitors

You do realise once people said the exact same things about USB Type-A. Or are you too young to have made the switch from PS/2 to USB

Is 24 pins bad? Is it too many? Too few? What's wrong with 24 pins?

24 is not a prime number, which triggers OP's autism

The problem is they're pushing it for Mobile Use - there's No Way it'll hold up. PLUS EVERY CABLE HAS A CHIP!!! Didn't buy the AT&T Cable?...

Except they still put PS/2 on shit

My xps 13 has both thundebolt and usb type-a on it idk what youre complaining about

Are you autistic?

You Folks Are Dense. EVERY SINGLE PIN CAN GO BAD. THERE ARE CHIPS IN EVERY CABLE. ONE PROBLEM = NEW CABLE. As a Technical Masterpiece, it's impressive. But they're asking you to carry around a Parallel Printer Cable in your pocket, and lint happens.

only cable i carry ive ever carried in my pocket is a headphone cable and those need replacing often enough with jsut 1 pin

>EVERY SINGLE PIN CAN GO BAD. THERE ARE CHIPS IN EVERY CABLE. ONE PROBLEM = NEW CABLE.
Yes, that is the price of the insane levels of functionality they are trying to cram into this standard.

Yet "Oh my god the cable could have problems!" doesn't really strike me as scary. I can't think of a single USB cable* that I don't own literally 20 of, because I'm always misplacing one or needing one in another room or a friend is over and needs to borrow one, etc. Do you not?

Okay honest exception: I only own a single B-to-Mini-B.

Neither is 4, or 9 in the case of USB. So autism all round really

And other USB types will be around for quite a while. Just because the new Macbook doesn't have any doesn't mean shits gonna disappear over night.

>audio jack
>1 pin
neo-Sup Forums. Have you ever thought how your headphones manage to separate left and right channel?

i know how headphone jack works
i dont consider that a "pin"

no, you think you know how a headphone jack works.
it is three pins, faggot

its not fucking rocket science ffs go find something else to feel superior about
not every contact point is a pin

there may be several channels but there sure is only one pin, you can count it

it's the pin itself that's separated in 2 or 3 sections, duh

You're fucking retarded cunt

no u