/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6924997/10291269.htm
ebay.com/itm/302114219533
yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/8677972/9710072.htm
yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6784664/9312535.htm
yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6784664/6966544.htm
ebay.com/itm/LARGE-PATEK-PHILIPPE-AUTOMATIC-REF-5085-NEPTUNE-CASE-CAL-28-255C-MOVEMENT-/282229342040?hash=item41b62dff58:g:IzEAAOSwHMJYC8~P
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Apple Watch 2

should i buy the orient flight watch that's on massdrop right now for 125

tisell

what makes it any better than orient? i do like the onion crown, but i have not heard of tisell and 44mm is too big for my wrists tbqh.

>3rd for unaffordable grail
>sad.txt

See, based on my pay bracket, this is the sort of purchase I would make in 30 years or on some major occasion. By that time who knows, something else may have caught my fsncy even moreso. Personally though I am a sucker for the color blue and that does it so well. That is one of the few swiss watches i could ever see myself buying.

sure if you like it, the price isn't that special though so don't get excited and rush to buy.

There are a few Grand Seiko quartz models.

Plenty of small watches around if you do want one.

>i have not heard of tisell
Of course, since it's a korean microbrand assembling chinese parts into 'homages' of popular designs.
The Orient Flight should be decent like most Orient watches. The coating on the black models probably isn't that great though, and may flake off after a while, depending on use. Making a good black steel case is actually quite expensive...

I'll just leave this here yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6924997/10291269.htm

Just buy a rep to scratch the itch. Nobody you will meet in real life will know the brand so nobody would know it's a rep.

>Nobody you will meet in real life will know the brand
that's why there aren't any fakes of it
literally the only reason you would buy a fake is to show off to other people

Apparently these will be back in stock soon, along with the new 7XX Komandirskies.

Just bought this ebay.com/itm/302114219533

>Just buy a rep to scratch the itch
Buying some shitty Chinese copy is not going to scratch someone's itch for a nice watch.

New 7XX Komandirskies?

Where did you see that?

lovely

You're just saying that because u're a racist agains chinks.

The prototype dials already came up on the market, so they'll be out this winter in late November.

But despite Dimitries promises (and good designs, as pictured) they're always late, so January might work.

Yeah I especially like the button pusher that attaches to the clasp. Really neat watch and for the price it was hard to pass up.

Very promising. Nnngg

Where can I purchase good quality nato straps in bulk, say a 10 piece set in 20 mm in various colors? Pic related.

>yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6924997/10291269.htm

Lel

T'is on the beginning of the influx of new models.

There are a lot of new Amphibia variants coming, along with pic related.

I bought it for $15 though. Honestly, I can't complain. I challenge YOU all to show me some competitive options for sub $20.

Sorry wrong pic.

I don't get it what is the point, you buy a real rolex face and put it in a fake case to make a cheap rolex?

Meh. The appeal of Vostoks to me is the cool Soviet style dials with tanks, bombers, submarines etc on them.

Nope, everything is fake. It's just missing the fake ETA movement.

god

they are charging $120 for just the dial of a fake rolex

who the fuck would pay that much for a fake dial what's so great about it

a good fake rolex barely costs more than that

>Nope, everything is fake. It's just missing the fake ETA movement.

why sell them like this, why not put in the fake eta movement and sell it as a whole watch, i do not understand

do want

how much will they be in us dollaroos?

What? It's a dial, case, crystal, hand set and bracelet. The only thing missing is a movement.

Dunno, they probably think they are exploiting a loophole by not selling a fake watch. Rather a grouping of third party replacement parts.

>What? It's a dial, case, crystal, hand set and bracelet. The only thing missing is a movement.

just the dial is $136

yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/8677972/9710072.htm

you would have over $500 in the whole thing

what is this shit $250 for the winder crown and $135 for just the caseback

you would literally have over $1500 in this fucking thing by the time you are done, maybe closer to $2000

yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6784664/9312535.htm

yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6784664/6966544.htm

So I got my Mako XL yesterday and its a really nice looking watch. It looks better in person than pictures online.

I like the watch a lot, but I feel it just sits a bit too high on my aushwitz wrists. The length and the width are okay on my 16.2 cm wrist, but its so fucking THICC.

anyways, not sure if I'll keep it 2bh.

I'm thinking on picking up that cheap casio diver they have for 40 bucks or drop a little more for a vostok amphibian/komandirskie. any experience with either of these divers Sup Forums?

this would be for daily wear btw

much obliged /wt/

'sup anons?

Best Citizen eco-drive watches under 40mm?

Citizen caliber 8700.
It's one of the best affordable analog perpetual calendars available.

However, to find it under 40mm you'll have to search in the vintage market, since the last references ever made are about 42mm.

hey advocat user, you're well versen in expensive watches right?

what am i looking at and why does it seem real
ebay.com/itm/LARGE-PATEK-PHILIPPE-AUTOMATIC-REF-5085-NEPTUNE-CASE-CAL-28-255C-MOVEMENT-/282229342040?hash=item41b62dff58:g:IzEAAOSwHMJYC8~P

You could get a decent watch for that.

It's the mother of all franken watches, so obvious the seller had to disclose it openly. Also, the rotor is faaaaar from original. Even if (IF) some parts of the movement and/or case are original (like the balance, apparently), PP won't sell you a screw to restore it as it should have been, and neither any AD or watchmakers.
IMHO that watch is nothing but money down the toilet. For that price I would prefer to buy a Speedy reduced.

Now that's a hairy sweater.

interesting, the things you can find on ebay.
another question for /wt/, should i buy an oysterquartz just to not be the only one in my friends groups that doesnt have a high end swiss meme watch? and should it be with or without papers?

It's cold as fuck here m8, almost like my ex's heart. I needed some wool today.

That depends solely on the question of if you like quartz more that mechanical. Do you?

Fuck.
This:
was meant for you.

well the oysterquartz would be the only watch in that price range that i feel is appropriate to wear atm.

Why would you need a fucking watch to validate yourself if they're actually real friends?

What price are we talking about and wich other options have you considered?

>You could get a decent watch for that.

i know that's my point, why would anyone want a fake rolex that costs over a thousand dollars

4250 europoors max.
things id like at that pricepoint would be a gerald genta or uni geneve calendar or a GP equation quartzer. a bit on the cheaper side would be a simple piaget.

i dont need to validate myself by with the watch. my friends are perfectly fine with me wearing a different slavshit watch every day of the week. but idk, they all have a relatively expensive watch they wear every day and i feel like maybe i should have one too.

4500 € can get you a Rolex Explorer II with white dial in the preowned market. I love Gerald Genta and is a cool option but Rolex is more swiss meme and recognizable. If you choose GG look for an Arena Retro with bracelet, if possible.

>4500 € can get you a Rolex Explorer II with white dial
Or he can get a good looking Rolex.

The Explorer II doesn't look bad at all (especialy in white), and it's the more affordable modern Rolex in the preowned game.

i dont really like the explorer 2 desu.
also the 40mm with the endlinks is probably too big anyway.
the GG i like pic related (pls excuse the italian man who cant resist to touch literally all the watches he sells.)

Hello everyone, noob here who only has an F91-w

I've been looking around online, and finally found a quartz I like that is both affordable, and doesn't have a seconds hand(I hate the way it doesn't line up on most quartz movements).

Should I get this in the black dial, or the white as pic related? Am going to be wearing this with a leather band if it helps you visualize it.

that appears to be a thumbnail kek

>and it's the more affordable modern Rolex in the preowned game.
Because it's fucking god ugly.
He can easily get a worn Datejust or Explorer 1, or hell, even a sub for that kind of money.

hey user, I just asked this does the seconds hand line up properly with the markers on the bm8180?

With it toting shrouded lugs, I'd honestly consider perlon with it.

I'm liking how it looks in white however. I think it would go quite well on a blue perlon.

They do on mine at least.

This just came in the mail

The Gefica Perpetual is as unorthodox as it gets, and there have been several variations of it over the years. You can get one more cheaper than that if you look around. Just remember those lugs aren't intended for everyday use.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

It's like the original, but worse.

Relax dude. It's not like I'm forcing YOU to buy one against your will. I'm just offering a cheap alternative for the guy that wants a swiss meme and is looking for affordable options.

g8 b8 m8

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

current small watch collection
camera is currently unavailable, so shitty indoor picture of invicta mod will have to do
Hoping to add the new silver Neptune to the collection soon. I've wanted one for a long time.
sorry if the resolution rapes your screen

Welcome back, user. It's a great watch. Here's mine.

thinking of getting this clock.. Any info you can provide me? Are those scratches ? How did u get them?

also keeping my next mod in mind as usual
I saw this and got a boner.
I'm thinking about buying a SARB033 and trying out the whole seamaster/milgauss hands thing on it. If it looks like ass I can always put the old hands back and use the hands for something else.
blue hands wat
how get

Digging your collection bro. Congrats!

actually I've determined that would decidedly look like ass
axing that one
this doesn't look terrible though, I have an SNKL43 sitting around I could throw some planet ocean hands on

YOU CAN BUY GENUINE USED ROLEX DIALS FOR AROUND $50 ON EBAY AND GENUINE HANDS FOR AROUND $20.

THE PROBLEM IS FINDING THE RIGHT CASE TO FIT THE DIAL. REPRODUCTION CASES DO THE JOB FINE.

ETA OR ETA CLONE MOVEMENTS ARE INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM ROLEX MOVEMENTS.

I recently got a vintage mechanical poljot, and I think I over winded it, it works perfectly fine but I can't wind it any further. Is this a feature so I don't break it or is it too late?

Gifts for Christmas

barf.jpg

You can't go wrong with either of those 3, so my advice is to following your Heart

I remember thinking the explorer II electric bogaloo was ugly the first few times I saw it, but the look has really grown on me

>ETA OR ETA CLONE MOVEMENTS ARE INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM ROLEX MOVEMENTS.

Plus it's one of Archie's fav.

Hi comrade

>ETA OR ETA CLONE MOVEMENTS ARE INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM ROLEX MOVEMENTS.

a common misconception

all rolex movements are made in house

post comfy shitters

Gorgeous, gorgeous watch famalam

You should fly to Japan so you can look for a vintage King Seiko 52xx in person. The accuracy these things are capable of is just silly.

(I had to stitch two screenshots together to include all the readings).

>cuck screenshot

enjoy paying the mechanical jew and forsaking quartz liberation

>paying the mechanical jew

Is there some part of "vintage" that you don't understand?

>Is there some part of "vintage" that you don't understand?

Meranom sells them.

Hi there!

>Hi there!
>You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
>Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Hi there!

>>Hi there!
>>You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
>>Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>Hi there!
>You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
>Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

>>Hi there!
>>You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
>>Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>Hi there!

Ranking bangability
2 > 4 > 1 > 5 >= 3

2 from the left has a wet spot on her crotch