Looks like you guys werent joking

Welp time to leave this garbage, is archlinux and gentoo as good as you guys say they are? Cant actually believe the botnet is real

Other urls found in this thread:

fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OfflineSystemUpdates)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Install gentoo

DISABLE

AUTOMATIC

UPDATES

USING

GROUP POLICY

What the fuck is that? Post a tutorial or it doesnt exist

Seeing OP also has AU those do nothing.

auto updates were made for people like you

>Not running Windows 8.1 Pro.

git gud

HAS Sup Forums EVER joked about this kinda crap? No, fucknig newfag OP.

Win+R
gpedit.msc
computer configuration
administrative templates
windows components
windows update
configure automatic updates
edit policy setting
set to notify to download and notify to install
DONE

I don't see what the issue is. It's not like you actually own the OS. You just have a license to use it within their set boundaries.

It's not like all this isn't spelled out in the EULA.

cant you block that with a router or something

Oh thanks. That's the exact setting I had on that nigh. And?

proof that it works, have these pending since yesterday

Spybot Anti-Beacon

This

Also they own your physical computer for as long as W10 is installed on it. You also agreed to this in the EULA. Stop complaining.

Then you either did something wrong or aren't using an Enterprise version, because IT WORKS.

Why would you do this? Isn't the whole thing that makes Windows better than Linux that it "just works"?

Surely having it "just work" without your input is even better than it "just working" with your input?

And this is mine from that night. Fresh install from the weekend before when I set it up like that. Didn't tell it to check for updates or install anything. It didn't give me those options. Only notification was that it needed to restart.

>aren't using an Enterprise version,
Ohhhhh, wow. That's what is wrong here. You only need the edition that is not meant for HOME USERS AND SMALL BUSINESSES.

Are you fucking serious?

Am I missing something? It's saying it will update outside of active hours and gives you a link to change your active hours... what is the problem here?

Perhaps you're really too stupid for Windows so yes, you should retreat to the Linux safespace where the repositories protect you from your own retardation like toddlers in a play pen.

>being an entitled faggot

Go with Ubuntu you fuck

Because it's easy to miss if you're not right there when that pops up and the time it decides to reboot itself is random. THAT is the problem here.

Oh wow, you're a fucking idiot.

What?

>am I missing something
You're missing the fact that it STILL has to reboot every time it installs updates. What a garbage OS.

Apparently. Want to elaborate?

Simply untrue, it prompts several times and is made to only force reboot after several weeks of refusing to reboot.

Yeah... so does every operating system because of security updates to shared libraries stored in memeory, Windows is much better than it used to be at restarting service chains when it can but sometimes a full reboot is just easierand safer.
The same case goes for Linux but users of Linux are so dumb they just pretend it isn't real. Fedora, Red Hat, Ubuntu, SUSE, etc that are used seriously all make you reboot after security updates to libraries when it's not simple to just try restart everything and Fedora/RH based have an boot target to apply updates offline to avoid the problem entirely: (fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OfflineSystemUpdates)

Haaaaa what a laugh, we have amazing uptime compared to Windows users :^)

The issue is that I have the Professional edition. I am not a dumb Home user. I can take care of restarting the system when I want to, when it is convenient for ME. I shouldn't have to babysit Windows Update to make sure it doesn't restart when I don't want it to.

And only being able to set a 12 hour range for my "busy hours" isn't useful.

And here is the logical conclusion of wanting things to "just work."

>I am not a dumb Home user.
Yes you are.

>I can take care of restarting the system when I want to, when it is convenient for ME
Morons like you are the reason it came to this. You're dangerous.

>I shouldn't have to babysit Windows...[snip]
Actually Windows is babysitting YOU because you are an idiot.

my MacBook Pro with Retina display does not have this problem

>tfw use regedit because there's no group policy in w10 home

It never restarted while I was using it even after showing that message and I never delayed the update on purpose

just use ubuntu until you git gud. or sell it and buy a real computer (a rmbp)

Sup Forums is really fucking illiterate jesus fucking christ

>Morons like you are the reason it came to this. You're dangerous.
No. MS having atrocious QA and inablility to research is the reason it came to this. The way updates are handled and their tendency to do more harm than actual malware is what was driving people for lackluster updating. If you want to blame someone, blame the idiots at MS.

As long as it works, it's fine.

Use Shutup10.

No. I am not dangerous. I know what I am doing.

I have installed updates regularly. I will install updates within a week of their release. I am totally fine with it.

I am not fine with things like my computer waking up from sleep and sitting at the fucking login screen because it can't log in in order to do the restart to do the update while I am away for the fucking day, or fucking sleeping and so it sits there for 8 hours at the fucking login screen even though I turned off all the auto wake up options Scheduler and in the Power settings.

I shouldn't have to into the Group Policy editor to turn off things like this.
I shouldn't have to babysit Windows Update so that it doesn't close all the shit I have open in order to install a security update for Flash Player when I am away from my computer for 10 minutes.

Not when I have the fucking Pro edition.

Some people didn't listen to good sound advice. I have briefly used Windows 10......Microsoft didn't learn a thing from the wreck that is Windows 8.

If an OS is stable.....devices all work etc. there should be no need to update anything apart from videocard drivers if the user has a firewall and virus scanner installed.

Considering the amount of updates linux distributions get then by that logic GNU/Linux is the least stable OS in history.

Remember that those updates include ordinary programs.

>doesn't know about GPOs
Why are you even on this board?

Look it's another skype faggot who can't spend 10 minutes disabling shit. Great job, Sup Forums

Windows ships with many ordinary programs that also get updated.

The vast majority of Linux updates a system receives over time are system libraries. Just like Windows.

What's the best way to get a free copy of windows 10? Torrent + activator program?

That's only true if your PC is physically incapable of communicating or otherwise exchanging data with any PC you don't fully control. This includes sharing files using removable media (stuxnet anyone?)

>not pirating W10Pro in the first place
>inb4 lincucks

what's the best way to get free money? drug experimentation work?

There is no such thing as free money.

There is, you are just too dumb to figure it out.

Or too autistic.

there is no such thing as "free" windows 10
i hope we've changed some lives today but i imagine people will start making ape noises and spouting retarded shit about how convenience is better than freedom in a second or two
it's kinda sad, because i know some of them are insecure enough to actually believe that meme
care to explain?

I wasn't talking about freedom and you know it you little nigger. I meant free as in free beer

Since a lot of people on Sup Forums are college students: try looking to see if your school gives it out for free.

Mine gives free W7, W8, and W10 and free or significantly discounted products like Adobe CC, VMWare, etc. The W10 edition I got is Education which is essentially Enterprise.

Of course you could always pirate but if you have the option might as well have a real key.

>can't disable updates
>doesn't know what group policy is
>wants to use arch
jfmsuf

Install Windows 7, cuck.

nice troll but this is like 3 posts away you tiny african

Back to Sup Forums newfag

Windows is a cuck OS

Shut up, fuccboi.

Kill yourself you goddamn faggot

You are a noob so you need to go with linux mint or ubuntu.

Arch and Gentoo are way too fucking advanced for you