When asked about removing the 3.5mm jack...

When asked about removing the 3.5mm jack, Phil Schiller has been quoted saying “the company can't justify the continued use of an 'ancient' single-use port”, and it took “courage” to abandon the 3.5mm jack.

Greg Joswiak has been quoted saying “The audio connector is more than 100 years old. It had its last big innovation about 50 years ago. You know what that was? They made it smaller. It hasn’t been touched since then. It’s a dinosaur. It’s time to move on”

Isn’t this lovely, Apple just finished telling everyone that the 3.5mm jack is a horrible, outdated, dinosaur technology and we all should run out and purchase wireless or Lighting connected headphones.

Thanks for the inconsistency Apple. Are you now going to say it took “courage” to leave the 3.5mm jack in the MacBook but you omitted the Lighting port because that’s now obsolete?

Other urls found in this thread:

macrumors.com/2016/10/28/new-mbp-no-backlit-logo-or-power-extension-cable/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> buys $1400 + laptop
> buys $700 + phone
> can't afford a $25 donger

The Macbook Pro is a device where people are more likely to be editing video, or audio. A situation where a decent set of wired headphones is a must.

Most people that use iPhones use the default apple included headphones that come with it in the box. Audio quality is not seen as much of an issue for casual music listening (however much I personally disagree with this), or phone conversations.

I honestly dont see what all the fuss is about. Both devices have different feature sets because they have different purposes/uses.

Who gives a shit?
Nobody should use audio that you need to PLUG INTO your computer, where do you come from, an autistic fucking past?

the point is: why fuck do i have to buy an adapter? i pay premium price for a premium experience, using a shitty ass made adapter is not what im paying for

Meanwhile Apple's AirBuds don't even have a release date.

>The Macbook Pro is a device where people are more likely to be editing video, or audio.

Shirley there are programs on Windows that are equal or better to whatever is available for Macs.

If you're on a budget, especially with those indie fag musicians and film makers, you think they would find the cheapest route.

>i give them money so i can give them more money
ftfy

Because they failed in real world usage.

next they'll remove the speaker you put up to your ear
that's old
that's single function

macrumors.com/2016/10/28/new-mbp-no-backlit-logo-or-power-extension-cable/
>New MacBook Pros Don't Include Backlit Apple Logo or Power Extension Cable
Like what the fuck apple holy shit. What are you doing

All i wanted was a decent 13" laptop but you first increased the prices and yet still have the face to ask for additional money so that i can actually use my laptop. I've been using Macs since 1992 but i was never dissapointed this much by Apple

>Backlit Apple Logo

How will people know what I'm using in dark rooms now?

Is the anything more pathetic than a fucking touch bar?

Just look at the surface book. A fucking touch bar is retarded.

next they'll remove the screen, that's old and single function

>Nobody should use audio that you need to PLUG INTO your computer
>You don't get to use stuff the way it was intended, we say how to use it
>You don't need this thing that we have removed in order to fleece more idiots of cash, just shut up
>You're holding it wrong

Simply amazing that die-hard Applefags were just tickity boo with the 3.5mm jack until Apple found a way to fleece the sheep by removing it!

Every Apple innovation = a few years of using adapters

And after that, people either start accomodating your disability more or Apple gets their shit together

It's really bothersome. Not because of the changes themselves, but how they go about it.

HOL UP

why didn't they just keep the 3.5mm jack and use it for charging and data like they did for the ipod a while ago

Personally I think the move towards USB-C is good.

Now they need to fix their mistake on the iphone and make it usb-c also

They killed magsafe, the best thing they've come up with in the last decade. Any other bad decision is just another tire on the fire.

> buys $1400 + laptop
> buys $700 + phone
> need to get extra stuff to make it work

it just werk, i guess

>we stopped using the 3.5mm jack because it's ancient technology and we're a modern fashion company
>we'll keep using the same ancient batteries though, no need to change something that works and gets worse over time, forcing users to upgrade to our new devices with even smaller batteries

>indie
>on a budget
lmao. They're all trust fund kiddies

I agree. Just like the original iMac was the first PC to use USB exclusively while others still included parallel ports and other connectors from 20 years prior, somebody has to take the initiative to push us forward to the newer, better standard. It'll be a somewhat painful switch at first, but in a few years every device will have USB-C and people will have USB-C cables and chargers, just like with USB-A and Micro-USB.

USB-A has been around for nearly 20 years. It's time to move on. USB-C not only provides a greater number of features and can eliminate other ports used today like Mini-DP and proprietary chargers, but also allows for thinner devices which everyone seems to value.

With all that said, however, I plan on sticking to my ThinkPad and its full arsenal of ports, until such time that USB-C truly is everywhere. No need for me to be on the bleeding edge.

The elimination of the headphone jack is a real dealbreaker for me. I'll likely hold onto my iPhone 6 as long as I can, or possibly move to the next iPhone SE (assuming the headphone jack is kept on that model). Moving to Android might be a bridge too far though, so several years down the line I may have no choice. Hopefully by that time iPhone will have moved to USB-C or something and I won't have to get headphones that only work with a single device.

because it's a fucking laptop, not an old ass iPod.

which iPod used the headphone jack for charging and data? Is such a thing even possible? The first iPod used Firewire and every one after that used USB and Apple's proprietary connectors

well I'll be damned. I had a first gen iPod Shuffle, I can't remember how it connected. Too small for the 30 pin connector. Did it use the headphone jack? I don't remember

oh right, it had a built in USB plug