Looking to ditch Winjews in favor of a Linux based system. Any suggestions for a user friendly one...

Looking to ditch Winjews in favor of a Linux based system. Any suggestions for a user friendly one, or a site to help navigate something like Ubuntu since I'm a pleb?

Install Arch

͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟)
>There ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) go. Is that what ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) wanted?

(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟)
>There ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) go. Is that what ͟(͟Y͟o͟u͟) wanted?

Windows 7

Antergos.
It's pretty much a gui installer for arch and sets up everything you need also.
It's just as usable as ubuntu or mint.

I believe the base package count after installation (assuming you choose a de) is around 800, which isn't that bad considering my arch install with openbox is at 587 packages.

What makes arch better than others?

>2016
>not using vista

Windows 7 SP1

Xubuntu LTS

>What makes arch better than others?
Less bloated, more freedoms.

deepin linux, elementry, manjaro. Make sure to buy or use a usb.

Arch has the MOST support for 3rd party softwares because of the AUR

Dont fall for the arch meme
install ubuntu its babbys first distro for a reason

I approve this
t Arch user

Don't use arch. Use an arch-based installer like antergos or manjaro, if you don't particularly value understanding the exact components that make up an arch install.

I'm having extreme issues with my hardware and getting manjaro to play nice with it, but I can tell it's an extremely good distro.

Ubuntu is pretty easy to use, but not having access to the packages you want and need easily will fuck you over if you're planning on doing things other than browsing/listening to music/playing supported games (wine or native). The AUR is really useful, and PPAs don't "just werk". At least that is my experience.

>like antergos or manjaro
>manjaro
ew
Antergos is great, but DO NOT fall for the manjaro meme.

Manjaro is okay

what's wrong with manjaro?

it attracts people by parading the fact that it is arch based, but it is not arch.
It's kind of like how ubuntu is not debian.

and how is it any better than portage overlays? I would argue that overlays are just as effective and even easier to install.

>how is it any better than portage overlays?
by having more softwares

I don't know why. Shit's a pain in the ass to use.

If only gentoo was too high in the autism spectrum...

Don't listed to this idiot. There's no need to use a retarded installed for Arch when the installation process is so simple.

Ubuntu, anything else and people are trolling you.

>not deepin or elementary

ftfy

ubuntu or linux mint. those are your only two realistic options

there is nothing stopping you from selecting a hobbyist distro in the future, all this shit is free.

but if you're looking for a polished OS with support, big userbase etc those are your two choices

T H I S
H
I
S

elementaryOS is the best distro for beginners and its literally the best looking OS out there.

Maybe if you want a mac lookalike.

Friendly reminder to reverse engineer Red Star OS.

Best Korea has best DE.