Even macfags are pissed

>even macfags are pissed

It's over, isn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KHZ8ek-6ccc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Forstall#Departure_from_Apple
steveblank.com/2016/10/24/why-tim-cook-is-steve-ballmer-and-why-he-still-has-his-job-at-apple/
marco.org/2015/05/19/mistake-one
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Macfags
>Reddit
Discarded.

When Steve died I said time and time again apples days where numbered and everyone told me I was a fool who is the fool now?

I read that thread and it was p. stupid. This seriously feels like when Apple went full USB for the iMac.

What is "p stupid" about wanting a computer that works without millions of adapters?

Who the fuck are you talking to dumbass?

embrace the future

>it's the 90s all over again

Apple really fucked up this year.

If only the pixel water resistant

Just talking in general apple is over I keep saying it and now it's starting to happen Tim cook doesn't understand what people liked about Apple he doesn't get it that they want hassle free computing that works not paper thin but ultimately useless laptops that need 600 dongles just to work

Some one needs to take a picture of this thing, plugged into the new Mac. The iPhone7 charging&listening dongle from Belkin plugged into that. An iPhone7 plugged into that, than a 3.5mm f2f cord from the charging dongle of the iPhone7 to the audio jack on the mac.

Then the ritual will be complete!

usb-c is the future, embrace it

It can be the future all it wants but can it be the future while also being more than one port?

..But it has 4 USB C ports.

USB C is fine, good even

Missing ESC key... can be remapped

But wrecking the entire keyboard, THAT is just fucked up.

kek

So why not also a thunderbolt port? Or make the iPhone 7 USB c? Why make such amature design mistakes?

>Why make such amature design mistakes?

To sell dongles

It IS more than one port. It's USB, charging, DisplayPort and Thunderbolt all over the same interface.

You can literally have full dock functionality out of one connector. Of course I doubt it'll work that well in practice since you'd need some heavy hardware on the other end to run shit through thunderbolt and I don't know if TB/DP can charge; you'll probably see docks that use both ports, one for DP and one for usbc/charging.

Still pretty nice for those of us who like to use our laptops as desktop replacements.

>It's over, isn't it?

Yes. It is glorious, isn't it? These days will be remembered and told down through the ages.

TB3 has 40gbps bandwidth, thats 4x the bandwidth of USB3.1. Considering the MBP 15" has 4 of these ports, this is equivalent to having *16* USB3.1 ports!

The keyboard would be great with old MBP like travel. Why do they feel the need to make even the Pros so thin, I don't get it.

Each port supports Thunderbolt, USB C, Display-port and power. That's a pretty impressive set of, admittedly very future looking, IO.

Got ya covered senpai

So there is one physical port? So I still need a dongle to do anything sane?

That you still need an adapter or dongle to access any of it amateur

Is Tom Cuck going to admit he fucked up now or wait for sales figures to prove he fucked up

Thanks cook

youtube.com/watch?v=KHZ8ek-6ccc

ayyyyyyyyyyyy

>bitching about every new thing
thank god we're all anonymous, right guys?

Tim Cook is stepping down from Apple next year. Good time to bail I suppose.

Yeah great, shit hardware and shit OSes

Tim is letting Jonny do what he wants, I guess

Even just another mm could have made a huge difference

>So I still need a dongle to do anything sane?
Bitching about Apple pushing the envelope on connectivity is pretty ignorant desu

They're the first ones to put the original "superposition" USB in a laptop, for example

>bitching about every new thing

It's not just Sup Forums Even die-hard Applefags are pissed off this time. That should tell you something.

What cartoon is that character from?

You never needed a dongle to have both a flash drive and charge at the same time before apple is making mistakes and taking ease of use out of the product the sooner Tim cook steps down the better for Apple when Microsoft is being more apple than apple there is a huge problem

>TN panel
>6 bit
>8-12ms response time

These are all legit laughable things, especially with the premium they charged for it and how they hyped it up

Holy fuck. It's called a period. End your damn sentences.

I think we should switch to USB-C, but you can at least leave a few normal USB ports while we make the transition.

Well I'm not planning to buy one as my 2015 MacBook Pro is only 10 months old. I'll probably make the jump at the end of next year and I plan to buy a few Thunderbolt/USB-C cables for various devices. I don't really get the problem, I'd love to lose USB A from my life, these new ports are hopefully the future because what we have now are big ugly and non-reversible.

Fuck you why do you care if I end my sentences?

glorious

>It's not just Sup Forums Even die-hard Applefags are pissed off this time. That should tell you something.
there were applefags bitching about the ipod announcement in 2001. there were applefags bitching about the MBA announcement.

this is the internet. you can find neo-nazi clown fetishists with opinions for and against this.

>Even die-hard Applefags are pissed off this time.
Not about USB-C. The vimfags are mourning the escape key, the photography cucks are pissed about the SD port and everyone is pissed about the keyboard.

>You never needed a dongle to have both a flash drive and charge at the same tim
You still don't, assuming you get a USB C flash drive.

>non-reversible
It's like you don't appreciate getting to witness the wonders of quantum physics every time you try to plug in a thumb drive

>there were applefags bitching about the ipod announcement in 2001. there were applefags bitching about the MBA announcement.
>this is the internet. you can find neo-nazi clown fetishists with opinions for and against this.
the bottom line is that this time people are calling Apples bluff and not buying, Apple was able to force shit before because they had an overall good product line, they dont any more, Apple is done in the personal computer market, iPhone will fall with Mac sales because integration was the whole idea of iPhone success

Apple practically went bankrupt the first time Jobs left. This time he's not coming back to save them.

Incompetent, tasteless business drones are running the show permanently now.

>Apple is done in the personal computer market, iPhone will fall with Mac sales because integration was the whole idea of iPhone success

So much this.

I can't believe Apple would fuck up this severely. It's like they went out of their way to piss off every segment of the market that would buy a Mac in the first place. It is simply incredible.

>the bottom line is that this time people are calling Apples bluff and not buying,
do you have sales numbers or something that we don't?

Sup Forums proclaims this shit every time apple makes an announcement, and every time some retard forecasts within about 36 hours that apple's sales have already plummeted. what drugs do you guys take to participate in this delusion?

give it till Q4 sales reports. if sales are down, we'll know.

Except that it wasn't a TN panel

were going to find out real soon how bad things are, Apple can play chicken with their user base and play this like nothing bad happened, I hope they do that because then...finally the clowns running Apple will be forced to publicly apologize and admit they fucked up

>Sup Forums proclaims this shit every time apple makes an announcement

Reddit and HN have never been this negative against Apple before. Even long time faggots like Gruber, DHH, PG and the Tao of Mac faggot are switching.

It's nice that you have an active inner life...

>the wonders of quantum physics
Double edged sword

>Even long time faggots like Gruber, DHH, PG and the Tao of Mac faggot are switching.
I'd appreciate links on all of these

Feel free to search the HN thread from yesterday morning with 3000+ negative comments or look at their Twitter feeds.

>give it till Q4 sales reports.

lel

They just had their biggest loss since 2001

Well, I mean, it like, kind of, makes your sentences, a lot, you know, easier to, well comprehend.

This is what killed Apple in the 90s

Fuck em they learned nothing

if there's one thing i've learned about apple it's to never underestimate how out of touch I am with normies.
every press release they've done since and including the first ipad i've thought 'that is fucking retarded why would anybody buy that' and everything is somehow a resounding success. I just have to assume now this will be the same.

yeah if we were actually in 1994. this is bullshit, apple.

Maybe they made this one so they can "come back" next cycle and show how innovative the will be

>is it over?
Fuck no. Even know everyone misses the AUX. people still went out in drones to buy the iPhone 7. Want look at true zombie following. Look at apple fans.

I get why people are upset over the iPhone headphone dongle, but with the new Macbook what's the big deal? Buy new cables. You only have to do it once, and USB-C is here to stay, probably for another 20 years like USB Type A did

>and USB-C is here to stay, probably for another 20 years like USB Type A did

Or Firewire for that matter

Another outstanding interface apple had the balls to support

You'd only need 1 or 2 adapters and would probably leave those at home anyway. USB-c will be widespread in another year, this will become a non-issue, and Apple will be praised for their forethought. People that can't afford to upgrade their old peripherals will be mad

The new Pro does have a 3.5mm jack and people who owned a previous MBPr already have an ethernet dongle if they couldn't just use wifi. Power cable doesn't need an adapter. Backwards compatible USB-c flash drives exist and aren't expensive.

Firewire was apple nearly proprietary bullshit that nobody wanted. USB has been the standard in connectivity for 20 years now, and they've decided on USB-C. It's already appearing on many 2016 laptops, and will be on every laptop by the end of next year, I bet. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2017 iPhone ships with a USB-C to lightning cable (or perhaps go USB-C entirely. Wouldn't that be something). USB-C replaces nearly every connector: monitor, power, device. This is the way forward, and I applaud Apple for being daring enough to take the leap forward on this, like they did on the original iMac being USB only

>You are gay
faggot.

and how do i put my mother's pendrive into the 4 usb c ports to download her some music because she not good with computers?

Yeah, about that ethernet dongle it came in either USB A or thunderbolt, so that alone would put them into the 2nd circle of adapter hell.

buy her a new one. It's time to make the switch

>being this brainwashed

>I'd rather use retarded technology
That 5.25 floppy disk drive needs an adapter too today.

I honestly believe USB-C is the future and the sooner we can make the complete transition the better. What are the disadvantages, other than having to make a one-time switch to new cables, maybe a couple new accessories or dongles? USB-C will be around for the next decade or more

Nah, I don't get it. How about you Fuck off?

boss at a shitty IT company I worked at years ago had this mentality for a macbook air

>$2k for a C2D in 2013
>we're a fucking IT company
>has to bring second bag
>full of CD drive, adapter for ethernet
>eth adapter is usb 2.0 and is slow as shit
>in virtualbox 99% of the time on XP with passthrough for everything

>pass through in VirtualBox

What?

>actually knows how to use a period

I hope you put your money where your mouth is then and do not ever use anything other than USB-C from here on out. You wouldn't want to be known as a hypocrite now, would you?

DAMAGE CONTROL
A
M
A
G
E

C
O
N
T
R
O
L

my current laptop doesn't have Type C. But I'm sure my next one will and yes then I will most certainly start switching out cables. If I could use one connector for connecting to a monitor, charging, attaching devices, or anything else, that'd be great. If my next laptop doesn't have type A then yes I'll have to use a dongle for some accessories with built-in USB plugs (my mouse for instance) but that's life. Over time, all accessories will have type C connectors, or will ship with adapters. However I don't anticipate my next laptop won't have type A since I'm not a Mac user.

It's good timing for me actually since I've just started liking linux. My next laptop will be a thinkpad or something

Apple has the same people running it. What the fuck are you talking about? Did Tim Cuck get rid of all the old execs and fire Ive? No. You and all the other underage fucks here are NOW pretending Jobs was a genius that could do no wrong. The gymnastics you all exhibit is 10/10 work. When Jobs was alive he was a talentless hack who produced shit products and made dumb decisions. Now that he's dead and Tim Cook is running the company in a time where there's not much room for any truly new thing, Steve Jobs was an absolute saint and the only person who mattered in the massive multi-billion dollar company Apple is and ONLY put out amazing ideas all the time.

Fucking kill yourself. Apple have just made the first laptop with ZERO proprietary ports, fucking Apple doing it first. They even dropped their own beloved MagSafe to embrace the future. That is something Jobs would not do.

Yes I know how I just don't care enough to do it

>The gymnastics you all exhibit is 10/10 work

Oh the irony.

The next iPhone will not be able to send or receive SMS messages, meaning people with iPhones can only text other people with iPhones. You heard it hear first folks.

>Apple has the same people running it.
nope:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Forstall#Departure_from_Apple

Tim Cook being CEO is also a problem:
steveblank.com/2016/10/24/why-tim-cook-is-steve-ballmer-and-why-he-still-has-his-job-at-apple/

>The next iPhone will not be able to send or receive SMS messages

I can actually believe this.

because you're retarded, or what?

I think you'll find that Apple is retarded user. That's why I believe this could be a possibility. Have a nice day.

Apple has done plenty of stupid shit in the past year (hell, decade), but if you're serious then you're a fucking retard. people like you make critics of apple look like frothing zealots by being associated with delusional idiots like you.

What does Sup Forums think of the current gen Macbook as opposed to the MBP? They look pretty slick, thinking about maybe getting one once my thinkpad craps out (going on 6 years)

>Did Tim Cuck get rid of all the old execs

Quite a few of them have left and Jonathan Ive always needed Jobs to reign him in. They'll live for a long time in the iPhone and iPad market but they're done everywhere else.

Sorry but not sorry to hurt your feelings. You can go to your safe space now. Have a nice day.

China isn't buying iphones anymore which was their entire revenue growth model for the past 3 years. It's fucking over. We hit peak apple and it's nothing but downhill from here.

Unless you like visiting the Genius bar on a regular basis, get another Thinkpad.

>tfw ordered a 2016 15" MBP this morning
>tfw realized how am I supposed to use the escape key in bootcamp

marco.org/2015/05/19/mistake-one

Apple refused to release sales figures for the iphone 7 because they knew it would be terrible. Again, china isnt buying iphones anymore and apple's entire growth outlook depended on that. Sales growth is over for apple and will be forever probably.

I guess that would be a dealbreaker. Keyboard looks awful and I've grown accustomed to typing on the thinkpad keyboard which is a delight

>Apple has done plenty of stupid shit in the past year (hell, decade)
Apple has made minor mistakes in the past decade, they have never wiped the slate and gone full retard on everything. Apple could recover if it was just one small thing, they are not going to recover from replacing their entire line of Macbooks with bullshit forced down their users throats. Its over for Apple

yeah because apple has never forced bullshit down users throats before and users ended up accepting it