What was the worst thinkpad model and why was it pic related?

What was the worst thinkpad model and why was it pic related?

Nobody ever ordered one with a >1024x768 panel

Wait, you could order them with higher res displays?

Wasn't the T42 the one where you could break the GPU if you picked it up by the corner? I'd say that's worse. Nvidia T61s too, what with their tendency to commit suicide.

Then there's shit like the G40, which is pretty much a joke computer. Desktop Pentium 4 stuffed into a two-inch thick, eight pound monster of a laptop. The G41 even had the balls to pair its Prescott CPU with an Nvidia dGPU. Guaranteed housefires.

the t440 was worse than any of these

It's a functional computer, at least. Sure, it's an utter disgrace to the Thinkpad brand and a massive fuck up on every aspect of its design, but it doesn't have any crippling hardware flaws.

Besides, the T440 is nowhere near as bad as the X1 Carbon from that generation. That thing is some next-level garbage.

id rather have mobile housefires than shit layout
thankfully they fixed most of what was wrong with the t440 with the t450/460 and new p series

The T40 series was prone to GPU errors. Blame the ATI Hydravision. What I think happened was it got so hot that it started to desolder itself from the board, and that combined with the flimsy build quality elsewhere caused GPU errors.

Thinkpad G series pictured is G41. only in japan.

>"desktop replacement"
>has desktop CPU and graphics
>"mobile workstation"
>10 minute battery life
>hot as fuck
>alienware size thickness
>7.05lbs

THICCPAD

>7.05lbs
holy shit

The ones with no trackpoint

Whatever new : pricing is worse than apple and the specs are not out of the norm, even past a $2000 bill.

Quite aesthetic tho.

I want one

X1 Carbon with the adaptive touch strip. Nothing else even comes close, at least until the new mac.

G42, the gooks who did the x62 need to get on this shit. A G41 but with a i7 6600 and upgraded screen.

>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer

The g40 is fucking great, eat shit

Pic related, T42 in 14 and 15 inch, R30, R52, X40 and G40

Believe it or not, it doesn't get very hot. 65c under max load over about an hour.
This is of course with a perfectly lapped heatsink and IHS, using AS5
It also cools passively until it hits 40c, then the fan kicks in on low (presumably because the vents for the heatsink are so huge it can suck in the air equivalent of what the entire Amazon puts out each year)

>forgetting the edge series existed

ANY of them with chiclet keys.
At that point you have to seriously consider why the fuck you bought a ThinkPad as opposed to the millions of macbook wannabes.

I have an nvidia T61. It can't run Windows 10 because the drivers cause blue screens. It can't run Linux because both the open and closed source drivers have different bugs that make it unusable.

You may have one from before 2008 that has the gpu problem that is just on the edge of dying. Used a T61 with working nvidia gpu on 10 and many linux distros, but those are the new ones from nvidia and not from lenovo's site which will be old.

>not having a G40 and keeping it next to your bed so if a nigger breaks into your house you can kill them with it and make the news

X200 series bezels.

T40s hit 1400x1050, the best T43ps shipped with 1600x1200 IPS displays.

>>has desktop CPU and graphics
You wish, the best you could get on those bricks was a fucking mobile FX 5200, most of them shipped with Intel integrated graphics that even a base spec T40 with a Mobility Radeon 7500 could probably run circles around.

>Tfw my first Thinkpad was an Edge, and after that I bought a t440
Still loved them though
Now I have a t450s, considering buying a t460p and ditching my desktop
I love Thinkpad