Are Normies this stupid?

Are Normies this stupid?
Has science gone too far?

Other urls found in this thread:

bestplaces.net/cost-of-living/colorado-springs-co/san-francisco-ca/60000
investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/050615/are-you-top-one-percent-world.asp
dailycaller.com/2011/11/09/the-top-1-percent-of-the-world/
leastof.org/worldwealthcalculator
www3.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-x/ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-4th-Gen/p/22TP2TXX14G
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bro, it's a Mac tho.

Bbbbuutt.. courage?

the "ssd" on you chinkpad barely clocks in at 600mb/s dipshit. the one on the mbp does 3 GB/s. fucking poverty fags.

buying apple products is the same as buying JEWelry, only brainwashed subhumans that literally can not think of anything better to spend their money on buy it.

this is true
but only an idiot would spend $1000 more for that
being rich doesn't mean you have to be careless with your money.

$1000 is nothing, pleb. also plastic chinese rootkits cooked into the uefi bios and wangblows 10

>what is build quality

the one in the ebay ad probably comes with the shitty 1366x768p screen too LOL

>cannot into the difference between 600mb/s or 3 GB/s
>harps about jews
-_-

For $1000 to be nothing, you either have to be in the .01% of wealth, or you're just a fag that spends his money as it comes.

when you use a fucking tool everyday for 2-3+ years, $1000 is nothing. you're a retarded piece of shit.

Honestly I don't see what's the point of buying a laptop when you're gonna spend $1000+. To me the entire point of having one is that you have a portable study and programming machine. If you wanna game or do anything intensive then you should buy a desktop anyway. Laptops overheat like hell and aren't very efficient at handling this kind of shit.

2-3 years!!!!
LaughingJews.gif

>have to be in the .01% of wealth

How fucking poor are you, holy shit? I'm guessing you're a college freshman or some guy who still lives with his mom or something, $1000 on something that you'll use for years isn't a lot of money.

I swear lenovo has to redesign their goddamn laptops already. They still look like shit from the late 90's. Now there is nothing wrong when you enjoy that design, but holy hell at least offer one line of laptops that don't look like pedophile machines.

unlike chinkpads, macbooks don't break after 30-90 days of use. you can use them for years and expect to sell them for a good portion of the original purchase price afterwards (not like pc's which are worth literally nothing the second you walk out the store)

x1 carbon desu

The X1 Carbon is expensive as fuck which kinda defeats the entire purpose and idea of buying a Chinese thinkpad.

I don't like apple but

>macbook has 1600p screen with good viewing angles and colour

>chinkpad has shitty 1366*768 tn panel

This is mostly true. I'm still using my 13" MBP from 2011 (also bought in 2011), it still works perfectly fine.
Over the years I've only had a kernel panic once, which I consider to be pretty good.

35k/yr is top 1% of global wealth.

I make well over that, and I wouldn't drop an extra $1000 on a laptop just so my HDD transfer speed is faster.

with an SSD and RAM upgrade (seriously $80 + $50 upgrade, or spare parts if you have them) a sandybridge mbp is perfectly capable machine. the only thing you're missing is the massive battery capacity boost that haswell brought.

that's because you make chump change, chump. janitors in cali make more than you

>35k/yr is top 1% of global wealth

Cute statistic you pulled out of your ass there buddy. I live in a third world shithole and still make way more than that.

>I wouldn't drop an extra $1000 on a laptop just so my HDD transfer speed is faster

And for a better screen. And for a better OS (than Windows which comes preinstalled with lenovo's bloatware anyway). And better specs and so on.

>California
bestplaces.net/cost-of-living/colorado-springs-co/san-francisco-ca/60000
No thank you.

investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/050615/are-you-top-one-percent-world.asp
dailycaller.com/2011/11/09/the-top-1-percent-of-the-world/
leastof.org/worldwealthcalculator

It's slightly more or less depending on the source. Maybe a casual google search would be beneficial before you show everyone how ignorant you are.

Also, the original topic was only hard drive speeds. All that other stuff is a totally different conversation.

>He uses internet articles as a credible source
>Nonetheless, ones that were written way back in 2009-2011

It's pretty obvious you failed statistics in high school. It's also pretty obvious you just went on a blind google search to prove your dumb shit because all of the links you linked have conflicting info and conflict each other.

Meanwhile, the Lenovo with the same form factor as the mac air costs way more. Just sayin'. The mac is expensive partly because of brand, but there's the element of cramming all that high tech in a very slim body and keeping it cool. It's not easy.

www3.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-x/ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-4th-Gen/p/22TP2TXX14G

even at 2k it's equiped with a fucking 4cell battery and LOL 128GB SATA 3 SSD. fucking macbook air that costs half as much comes with a 15h battery and 256GB PCIe SSD (1300mb/s)

X220 owner here.
8gb ram, i7 processor, ssd and a 9 cell battery

While it's great performance wise, the screen is utter shit 66x768.

I got an x230 for £145, you jelly?

I used several online sources to approximate a number. For the purposes of my post, and this thread, that number is accurate enough.

In the future, I'll make sure to have the entire data set and model at hand for any numbers I may post, in case any Sup Forums statistician needs to analyze and review them.

>keeping it cool
>800mhz throttling

Yeah...no thanks

>buy mac
>ram module fails
>spend $1000 on repair

>buy thinkpad
>ram module fails
>spend $10 on replacement

>"haha why you would buy a new modern macbook for $1500 when you can have a 3 year old chinkpad for 1/3 the price???? XdDDxDDXD"

>using an inferior in every way device in case something extremely unlikely like that happens

>ram module fails

What do you even do with your computer? I've only had RAM burn out once and that was only because the PC got so hot that it ruined the components.

Carbon uses soldered in RAM too you moron

hard to find a laptop that doesn't wanna be a mac book these days.. just look at the new lenovos with their stupid buttonless touchpads

That's not going to matter for the majority of people that own Macs since they do nothing other than write reports and browse Facebook/Reddit.

its called msata you cuck

It's called shit, poorfag

I have Thinkpads from 2003 that still work fine. Meanwhile my shitty MBP from 2011 has had to have the logic board replaced 3 times because Apple is incompetent. Thank god for the class action lawsuit.

This Sup Forums delusion to deal with being poor is getting really old. Contrary to what goes in your bubble, in the real world hipsters are poor as fuck, the majority don't have wealthy parents and the average Mac user is the same as the average Windows machine user, one just allocates more money to their computer purchase. I'm so sorry but there's nothing to actually make fun of in the real world when you've seen every kind of person using a Mac like I have.

In the tech world Apple products are something like women accessories: jewellery, handbags and so forth. Moreover, they made for lazy people with monkey-tier brains. A man looks like a gay with them.

OS X takes full advantage of the SSD speed for caching and managing memory via swap. It's one of the key reasons even on a MB equiped with 4GB of RAM everything runs like butter

skylake is 3 years old?

>iPhone
>most popular and average single like of phone
>"women's accessory"

Ok pajeet. Enjoy your $50 Android 2.3 burner phone.

I've always found OS X to be very slow.

9% failure rate, 'extremely unlikely'

Which explains why MacBook is the most widely used computer at Google and IBM right? Fucking jobless gaming enthusiast basement dwelling trash

Way better display, way better storage, you can tbolt an egpu if you want. New with a warranty and 0 hours. Being the first person to spunk on the touchpad.

The people that buy premium products have the dosh.

More could be said about a bottom feeders lack of financial responsibility spending a whopping 2 weeks McSalary on a used piece of tech.

> obsessing over a phone
> defending Apple

These are female traits. Are you a girl?

Runs circles around wangblows and shitty bugged out Gentoo nix

Apple use at Google has been declining for years and Apple isn't even close to the most widely used computer at IBM. Only a few departments use Apple at IBM.

Stop buying cheapest value ram you fucktard

Nah. Linux is much, much faster. It's not even close really. OS X really is a toy OS with a very shitty kernel.

Stop cucking yourself out to apple dicknerd

Obsessing? Stating their market share is obsessing? You're getting desperate my curry scented friend. It seems like you're more engulfed in the hate of the things you wish you could own. Being an envious little bitch is a female trait by the way, so stop it.

>used
not everyone want to buy a cum stained laptop with no warranty

This conversation is unnecessary and quite honestly, uncalled for.

With a Mac you get The Mac Experience, which is worth way more than money. MacOS Sierra, as we all know, is the most advanced desktop operating system in he World yet.

Apple has always been at the forefront of computing. Avant Garde, "one who leads the way" is probably the keyword. Unibody, reliability, longevity. You know it's true.

>Lememe dickpad
No, thx

>Whackbook Bro
Top kek

> While it's great performance wise, the screen is utter shit 66x768.
Literally this. I'm sure x230 will still be decent in 5 years but the shitty screen absolutely triggers me and it's also reason why I'm going to sell it soon.

Maybe you should get shit eyes like me so high res screen still look like complete shit.

>Lenhomo TwinkPad

I used to hate Macbooks/Apple. Then work gave me one for programming, the $3k model with the 512gb SSD, i7 and 2gb GPU. Best development machine I've used.

No way in hell I'd spend $3k on one for personal use though unless I become loaded.

Also

>programming on windows

>Smackcook Ho

Just because the brand holds worth over the other shitty Chinese brands who can't market their products for shit, doesn't mean Apple is bad. Apple's mobile processor are by far and large the best smartphone processor out right now. Apple has an edge over its competitors and has innovated before, but people will disregard this because of personal bias. Also fuck off with the 'apple is too expensive' shit. Unless you work as a literal street cleaner, their stuff shouldn't break your bank. Get a job you worthless parasite.

>dell latitude
>core i5
>15.6 1600x900 display (literally don't want full HD bc screen so small)
>525 gb ssd 6 gb/s
>500 gb hdd/dvd burner but not both at same time
>8 gb ram

cost me about 350 but I had to do some of the building

buying new computers is stupid af

>Lenhobo ThriftPad

Spackbook Slow

Gaych Pee Pajeetgook

>And lastly some people prefer Mac OS over Windows/Linux.
£1000

Don't buy either.

One is an overpriced machine with less feautres than the outgoing model.
The other has rootkits and malware that autoinstall as they're actually part of the UEFI bios, moreover even DOD finally said they're completely unsafe for use.

At this point, you'd be better off buying a Surface machine.

>Lel-no-though StinkBad

Do you live in Bulgaria or something?

>haslel
>battery capacity
you mean energy efficiency, you dumb fuck

>Twat,Look it blows

It is when you can get a better product for less than half the price

Not even close to the price of the new macbook pros

>tfw actually Bulgarian
Damn, I don't get to see my country mentioned a lot here. And it's always in a negative light.
;_;

As a gaymur Windows faggot, you can only thing about specs. MacOS is the best thing about a Mac, its what makes the Mac. It doesn't matter what specs a Windows laptop has if it runs Windows, its automatically a shitfest.

520 pounds for that trash? i`d pay 20 bux tops. thinkpads are horrible on all levels.
MacBook is ok at least. Memory and storage are better, plus the macbook is light and silent.

Shut the fuck up you salty spatoon Macfag

>its called msata you cuck

mSATA is shit, it's a single PCI-E lane.
Macbooks use M.2 storage, up to four lanes of PCI-E 3.0, it'll always be several times faster.

Carbon was deprecated years ago
Use cocoa

I know this is difficult for mac fags to understand.
But thinkpad's have this advanced feature called 'user replaceable components'

>yfw Apple actualy solders components to the motherboard

This is normal and fine
I bet you have a plebshit phone with removable battery as well

I was talking about the x1 carbon not the OS lol

Enough with this "much 3GB/s" shit.
Those are sequential speeds, which are absolutely useless on these small drives (not meant to store 4K movies). Meanwhile random reads and writes are basically on par with sata ssds.

I'd rather have that price and get 16:10 and M.2 rather than a 16:9 slow piece of shit lel

>Meanwhile random reads and writes are basically on par with sata ssds.

>I'm a fucking retard: the post

The one on the bottom is used. I don't get how people can buy used laptops. Some guys grimey hands that touched that keyboard, no thanks.

you dont see noticeable gains in program loading passed 400-500 mb/s and in the VERY few scenarios where you can use that speed, a proper desktop is what you really need.

looking at facebook is not a tool, its a waste of money.

This is mostly because we hit hardware parody point about 6-7 years ago, where if you have a quad core, almost every task is doable and painless, for normal people, even a dual core adequately suits them.

nothing to do with hardware quality, all to do with mac buyers are retarded.

um... all mac os had going for it was stability, and even that was fucking horrible, it was just better then 98... once win 7 or 2000 came around, stability was a non issue on windows, hell, I still regularly have uptimes for as long as my power is on, currently working on 32 days of uptime with the shutdown being because of a need to dust.

anymore, your os is largely just where your taste lies, and for me, macs have always been hellish to use ui wise.