How does he talk?

How does he talk?

Other urls found in this thread:

milesmathis.com/hawk3.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Magic

Dark arts

very...

Did his degeneration stop at some point? How is he still alive?

c a r e f u l l y

He doesn't, he's dead

>average brit.png

>yfw you bust a nut xDDDDD

His stand does it for him.

Eye tracking

Since 1997, my computer-based communication system has been sponsored and provided by Intel® Corporation. A tablet computer mounted on the arm of my wheelchair is powered by my wheelchair batteries, although the tablets internal battery will keep the computer running if necessary.

My main interface to the computer is through an open source program called ACAT, written by Intel. This provides a software keyboard on the screen. A cursor automatically scans across this keyboard by row or by column. I can select a character by moving my cheek to stop the cursor. My cheek movement is detected by an infrared switch that is mounted on my spectacles. This switch is my only interface with the computer. ACAT includes a word prediction algorithm provided by SwiftKey, trained on my books and lectures, so I usually only have to type the first couple of characters before I can select the whole word. When I have built up a sentence, I can send it to my speech synthesizer. I use a separate hardware synthesizer, made by Speech Plus. It is the best I have heard, although it gives me an accent that has been described variously as Scandinavian, American or Scottish.

Through ACAT I can also control the mouse in Windows. This allows me to operate my whole computer. I can check my email using the Eudora email client, surf the internet using Firefox, or write lectures using Microsoft Word. My latest computer from Intel also contains a webcam which I use with Skype to keep in touch with my friends. I can express a lot through my facial expressions to those who know me well.

I can also give lectures. I write the lecture beforehand then save it to disk. I can then use a part of the ACAT software called Lecture Manager to send it to the speech synthesiser a paragraph at a time. It works quite well and I can try out the lecture and polish it before I give it.

I keep looking into new assistive technologies, and I have experimented with eye tracking and brain controlled interfaces to communicate with my computer. However although they work well for other people, I still find my cheek operated switch easier and less fatiguing to use.

Stephen Hawking

>Current configuration
Lenovo Yoga 260
Intel® Core™ i7-6600U CPU
512GB Solid-State Drive
Windows 10
Speaker and amplifier provided by Sound Research

Speech Synthesizers (3 copies):
Manufacturer - Speech Plus (Incorporated 1988, Mountain View, CA)
Model - CallText 5010

LIKE A ROBOT

>Windows 10
The Botnet has manifested itself in human form at last

He should join Daft Punk.

>Windows 10
Holy shit, WHY? He needs something he can rely on, not the unstable mess of a beta test Windows 10 is.

HAHAH IN YOUR FACE LOONIX LOSERS, EVEN THE SMARTEST PERSON IN THE WORLD DOESNT USE LINKEKS, INSTEAD HE USES THE SUPERIOR MICROSOFT WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM HAHAHA

>Even fucking Stephen Hawking uses Windows 10
>Just works™
>Gahnoo/loonix faggot jumps into extreme denial
All of my keks, do you see him waiting for updates when he makes a speech or whatever? Face it, you're delusional. Your "hobby OS" can't even compare for real work

linux btfo hard

I'm not even a linux guy, I'm on fucking XP - I just see people constantly complaining about Windows 10 being buggy, that it restarts their computers, and what not. Sorry that I'm talking without firsthand experience, but you know, there is a truth behind every lie.

He didn't do all of those speeches with Windows 10, though. It's a new product.

Yea. I thought that too, going into Windows 10 at first. Been using it pretty much 8 hours every day for the last 4 months without any real issues.
Except one, which took 10 minutes to resolve. My laptop's dedicated GPU "unplugged" during usage. I use iGPU instead of dedicated for every work (except gaymen of course) so it wasn't a problem. Simply restarting it was enough. And that wasn't even the fault of the OS, more likely drivers, because I upgraded instead of a clean install of new one. The driver was all sorts of fucky, like I had the Update feature missing completely. It worked just fine for gaymen however.
But yeah, a simple restart fixed that. I didn't have any "Something happened" / "We're going to cuck you by updating whenever we want to" / "Looks like your software wasn't compatible with this version so we removed it :^)" or the update breaking the installation completely happen to me. People just can't or won't configure their OS. It's not Microsoft's fault in the slightest.

But whatever, stay on your deprecated OS for all you want. None of my business, just don't need to be spreading misinformation for no good reason.

Fuck that guy. He is brain dead. Has been controlled by AI for years.

Psychically confirmed this is Steve Hawkie himself (much ado respect, Sir).

I hope your iron will may keep you alive yet; the solution to your problem is mixed in the brain and atrophy, I believe. Though I am uneducated I'm told I'm quite talented, bordering on genius...

I imagine our solution be within 10 years. If your doctor's make the right decisions (your current outlook is 8, now 15, now variable) I believe you will make a miraculous recovery.

Because I've only ever known you as my alias, The Clown/Jester/Dead Royale (that one sounds the coolest), I hope I still have time to change your timeline.

From nothing: "the key is in pudding; it is in fluidity."

Amd while you're still here, Dr. Hawking, allow me to give an expression of my soul. If the psychic connection allows you to see the context to the doodles on the edges so be it, but the semi-artificial heart at the center is the true expression of myself. I have many others.

He's using a proprietary software

He is not even alive at this point, its an AI saying everything. Thats why he seems so smart

Here's that expression of my soul

>I write the lecture beforehand then save it to disk.
I can check my email using the Eudora email client, surf the internet using Firefox,
Steve confirmed for writing lectures at home and then zoning out and messing around on the internet while just playing a lecture

K

OH MY GOD!!! THE FSF IS BANKRUPT AND FINISHED!!!!!
GNU/LINUX FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH!!!!!

Stephen Hawking

wonder if he gets forced reboot for update during conference or something

underrated

What is this shit?

RNM

>total fedora
>6th gen Intel
>Windows 10
>shit tier MS Sam bootleg
>complains about AI rising against humans while putting his own life in the hands of proprietary software
What a faggot.

Funny, he doesn't sound British.

This, so much.
Stephen hawking was replaced by a body double so they could still use him to beg for scientific research grants.
milesmathis.com/hawk3.pdf

It's actually because it takes him like 5 minutes to construct a single sentence. I watched a documentary where a woman interviewed him and said it was an awkward waiting time for him to answer each question.