/spg/ - Smartphone General - Google are Liars Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News
Google has outright lied to 6P owners by claiming that it DOESN'T have the hardware to support Pixel fingerprint swipe gestures. Both phones use the EXACT SAME sensor: the OneTouch FPC1025.
reddit.com/r/Nexus6P/comments/5a04tt/the_pixel_and_6p_both_use_the_exact_same/

GSMArena reviews shows that Pixel XL (78h rating) has worse battery life than S7 Edge (98h Exynos/87h SD)
gsmarena.com/google_pixel_xl-review-1513p3.php

Xiaomi Redmi 4 (unofficially) detailed: 1080p screen, 3s-like specs
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_4_unofficially_detailed_1080p_screen_3slike_specs-news-21351.php

Motorola Moto M and Lenovo P2 to be unveiled on November 8th?
gsmarena.com/new_report_claims_lenovo_will_out_the_p2_and_the_motorola_moto_m_on_november_8-news-21363.php

Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) with Snapdragon 430 SoC, 2GB RAM clears FCC
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j3_2017_now_clears_fcc-news-21278.php

Previous

My Xperia Z2 bit the dust today.

What should I get?
>long battery life
>good camera
>pref. 720p
>under 5 inches
Around 300€ to spend

iphone se? On the fence about it, seems like a really comfy phone desu

Iphone 5 or 5s with iOS 9. It lags like shit on 10, don't let Apple jew you into the SE

How is the physical keyboard on the priv?

shit.
see

SE user here. Comfy indeed.

I don't think the 5S is worth it. In my country a new 5S is €305 for 16GB. SE is about €100 more for 16GB or €200 more for 64GB. Definitely worth it for the speed and better camera imo.

>new cheap phone comes out
>everyone talking about the great price (usually something like 199)
>go check out price in CAD
>399
honestly it'll probably be better if we just stopped being an independant nation at this point

Are there any good phones with a good physical keyboard?

Passport was the last solid keyboard BB produced, and some models (i cant remember if it was the AT&T model or not) have weight issues

all other keyboards on the market are shit

WHERE TO COP PIXEL REEEEE
Getting it from the UK seems impossible for now, as it's out of stock in the Play Store and Carphone Warehouse cancels all orders using a forwarding service's address (such as forward2me).
Germany is tough too because telekom and T-Mobile only accept German cards and the phone is 100 euros more expensive than in the UK, not to mention the German forwarders ask about 100 euros to buy it for you.
At this point my cheapest option is actually to fly to Luton on Thursday (November 2), go to the CPW store near the airport, buy the phone and fly back to France the next day. But even that is a risky bet because they might not have it in stock or my card might get declined (dunno if they accept non-UK cards in physical stores) and I think I heard somewhere that they require a UK address even if you buy it in person.
Did anyone manage to get a UK Pixel out of the country?
EDIT : can I get an answer instead of downvotes? I researched but there are only a couple posts over a week old with no answer. I don't think this thread is breaking any rule.

What about the pixel attracts you user?

Shit. I'm really hating the electronic keyboard experience so far

What's a good successor to the first gen Moto G? The camera sucks and getting sick of the lag, don't want to spend too much though. Moto G3/4 any good?

The bezels of course

sorry m8 but unless someone buys out blackberry to start producing keyboard devices again or apple comes out with a keyboard device, you're SOL.

Moto G4.

My LG G4 has died. I want a smaller phone because the G4 was hard to one hand. Should I get the iPhone SE or One Plus X (my friend has it and he gets LTE in our area)

OPX is a dead end
get the iphone SE or the pixel non-XL
I dont know if sony's smaller devices are still good

Looking for recommendations since the last phone I bought was an HTC Evo 4g and I'm out of the loop. Only conditions are decent battery life, up to date for newer apps, and around 5 inches or less. Willing to spend up to around $300 (or less if performance doesn't suffer greatly)
US
Sprint

>5 inch
>$300
>sprint
"no".

Why is the OPX dead? It's not that old yet

They're not developing another, and they don't care about the product 'line'. They're not replenishing any stock in any models that sell out.

Great design though, wish it would have continued. Prefer it to the ugly design OP3/OP2 has.

>COP
go back to /fa/ faggot
also:
>getting the pixel
LMAO kys

So the digitizer on my Moto X 2014 cracked.
The phone still vibrates, and I can hear it connecting to my PC.
>But there is absolutely no display whatsoever.
Is there a way for me to use my computer as a temporary display for my phone?

Currently on Sprint with a dying LG G3 (similar problem to bootloop on G4). Looking for new phone.
Need:
- rootable
- SD820+
- 4GB RAM
- 5.5-5.7" screen
Prefer:
- removable battery
- Expandable storage

Price range is $300-400.
I'm considering the V20, which has nearly everything I listed, but I'm afraid of LG and how prevalent issues seem to be. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Then say it can be larger than 5 inches and I'll spend $350-400, would that change your reply or would I just get more meme arrows?

reading op
using op links

$200
Moto G4.

$300
Moto G4 Plus.

$400
OP3.

>$300-400
> V20
lmao. what are you smoking? the only phones with SD820/821 in that price range are OP3 and the chinks that don't work in the U.S.

Fuck off back to rebbit, ecrvnr

As far as getting a portable power bank goes (because my phone doesn't have a removable battery), are there any brands which one should avoid completely?

Asking because the place I work at gets them in constantly, lots of off-brands.

I started liking the Pixel even more after seeing how god damn easy it is to repair. Especially the screen. Literally heat it up, pop off broken screen, insert new screen with pre-fitted tape, done.

So I can upgrade from my M8 next month. Should I go with the S7 (fuck the edge) or the HTC 10? Only gripe I has with the M8 was home button lag

i mean if you loved HTC so far, then continue with it, I don't think it's worth upgrading to the 10 yet when the next major season is just like 4/5 months away and rumors are already starting over the HTC 11
only reason to go with the S7 is if whatever exclusive features it has is worth it for you

What a disgustingly disingenuous post. Let me correct your record;

$200
Blue Life One X2 (4GB Ram + 64GB)

$300
LeEco Le Max 2 (SD820, 4GB Ram + 32GB)

$400
Axon 7

I have Sprint, and Sprint still has contracts. The V20 on contract is $350.

Can you be more specific? I'm not seeing anything immediately helpful in the OP. Aside from the instructions for asking for purchase advice, which I've done, and you've not offered.

the first 5 links (plus chinkphone recommended list) are so you can filter through phones and come back with your choices on which you should get
asking people to do the filtering work for you is quite frankly some lazy pathetic shit

do your homework and then come back for final decision help

>0.01 yuan has been deposited into your ChinkShill™ account

>being a contrcuck.

Praise the chinkphone screen time

I even played vidya gaems

Which one is the best out of:

Axon 7, OnePlus3, LeEco LePro3?

>V20
just shell it out for the v20. never gonna find removable battery with those specs

What should prevent me from getting a new Passport for 240€, considering that I want a reliable and actually useful smartphone with an excellent OS?

Sound
Axon 7

Root&Roms
OP3

Performance
lelelelelele

ive had my axon for about a month and cant find anything truly wrong with it, amazing phone. no lag or stutters. the audio is pretty fucking good too.

5 - 5.2 inches, good camera, GOOD battery life (4-5h SOT), customizeable (rooting/custom roms).

Got anything? :)

thanks

HTC 10
Nexus 5x
Huawei P9
Pixlel.

Whats the best way to pirate music on an android phone?

Youtube

5X hasn't a very good battery. I'm writing this from my 5 rn and many people say that the battery isn't that good.
Pixel is too expensive, I want a phone that fits 300-40$. thx for thw othwe suggestions tho

newpipe

Trying to sell an iPhone 6, $300 sound fair for it?

It's unlocked and jailbroken.

Does iTunes/iPhone 7 work alright on a Windows computer or does Apple make it shit so that people will be tricked into buying Mac?

op3, 6s, or iphone se if I have 5s right now.

itunes actually got a lot better recently
but i hate the closed source nature of the ios/itunes integration, so ill never get an iphone
but it's feasible enough

How do I make electronic keyboards not suck?

Swiping across the screen is super inaccurate, but pecking sucks to do one handed. Is there another way?

I see. It's tempting because there's lots of music I could easily get through iTunes so I don't have to buy physically. Tough choice to make whether to get the iPhone 7 or not.

Any opinion on Galaxy S7?
Im planning on buying it, upgrading from S3.
>The SD820 is op
>a lot of free ram
>waterproof, so i wont care in rainy days
>not sure if unlocked bootloader though...
>future-proof, SD card slot as well.

Welp, Sup Forums?

you can still use itunes for your music and get a non ios phone
just drag and drop the library into your phone when it appears in file explorer

or if you need to copy over entire playlists and whatever, im sure there's some programs that do just that

It starts getting slow after a month.

literally anything released this year will feel like a huge upgrade to you

Not bad, but the HTC 10 would be better

Ive never liked HTCs, they dont have a big community support, come with shitty battery and just dont fit my likings.

is LG G4 /spg/ approved?

>I could easily get through iTunes so I don't have to buy physically

Why waste your money when you can get it for free? Even if you are bloated rich, there is still no point.

>LG
AAAAAAAAAA

this basically
just get a vpn for the price of two albums & go to town

Just installed DirtyUnicorns on my S4, It's really good, How can I further improve battery life? In the battery menu it says my screeen uses 4x as much as anything else.

Because I can't get quality FLAC rips for free. And even if I got access to What.CD, they don't have everything I want.

Can you modify your YouTube app on android to have YouTube Red for free?

>bootloops
>approved

I use the "Youtube Background Playback" xposed module, works great. You ust need to make sure the module is updated for when you update the Youtube app.

I can buy it and send it to you

Are we just gonna get a iPhone 7s next year or an actual new phone because of the anniversary?

what should i do if the Nexus 5X isnt available in my country anymore?

When do used phones start popping up? Was looking at the Axon 7, but all I can afford is about 300 right now. Is black friday at best buy my best bet? I havent really found a decently priced used one with everything in box yet.

I bet they're gonna jump straight to 8 or 10.

You can buy mine from me. I'm happy with my

honor 8.

Just got the v20 two days ago and am happy aside from one issue - when texting/touching from the side my touches register inaccurately or don't register at all. Is this a software issue that I can expect to be fixed in an update or is my phone just fucked?

Check out redmi if you want $200 phones.
Check out

tell me more user, did u switch from android?

Budget $350
Preference: just something with fingerprint scanner or/and waterproof

Only one with both for that price is the S5. Which one do you value more?

Yeah, if you like that size, it's the best. I'd use it if there were a 128 GB version

A follow-up, whats the chance most retailers will have axon 7s on Black Friday? Am I looking at having to get their art 3 am or do you think the public will scan over it for the iphones and such

None, if I had to decide I'd go for the best hardware

>5 inches or less
>3-4 years of support
>preferably android

are there any phones out there like that?

is vernee apollo a good deal for 99$ ?

Eh, better is relative. I've used every version since it was born, there's always been something to bitch about with it. I only use it to actually manage music on my phone and back up my phone and iPad. It does, however, do the best job of anything of managing a huge library of tracks. I have all the music I've ever owned, plus various stolen shit (though I'm mainly legit now), plus comedy albums and audio books out the ass. I've never found an app that does as well with thousands of tracks.

If you're a regular multimedia consumer, and not fazed about app support.

Watching videos and playing games are shit. While there's Play Store integration, there's no useful support.

I think BB is dropping support for BB10 in lieu of Android.

sony z5 compact is 4.6 inches

it's great. camera is good too so long so you dont install a custom rom

So I am considering the LG V20 but open to other phones.

What's something that has a big screen and has a dope as fuck performance and a dope diaplay. Nothing else matters to me.

note 5

I had the original one plus one and loved it, felt so compact for 5.5" of screen action.

Is the one plus three gonna wow me as much as the one plus one did? I went back to my iphone 5s when I dropped the opo and it cracked the screen.

The only thing i'll miss from Ios is GOOD snapchat quality.

Wait for oneplus 3t.

Hello friends, I was looking at the moto z play. What are the alternatives in this price range and do you guys have any opinion on it?

Whats the battery life on the the one plus 3 like?

It's pretty great.

pic related
>it's shit