Is there a better Sup Forums shitposting machine than the Apple® MacBook Air™?

Is there a better Sup Forums shitposting machine than the Apple® MacBook Air™?
>god tier glass trackpad
>good keyboard
>good 16:10 screen
>12 hours of battery life
>completely silent

Other urls found in this thread:

avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/852536-basic-guide-color-calibration-using-cms-updated-enhanced.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRGB#Viewing_environment
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>shitty 1440x900 TN
Yeah, I would prefer something with TrackPoint(tm) to this abomination.

it's better than the ips displays of Asus, Lenovo and other sub 1000$ laptops

this is actually true. The screen is only relatively bad when comparing them to a pro screen.

Looks like a toy.

>android figures
>with a macbook

chromebooks

I don't understand why Chromebooks are becoming so expensive.

>spending +1000k for posting into an international retard contest forum

so normies can brag about the price, it's really important to them to get that tiny ego boost

i dont either, i actually am looking for a shitposting like machine just for retro games and irc maybe, i dont know what to get.. was thinking about a powerbook actually mainly because ive never used mac and would like to fuck around with it some.

MST3K! Yes!

Yes, the Xiaomi Mi Air

Because I'm not a homosexual and want win32 software support.

My Toshiba Chromebook (1st gen) was like $200 and I loved that thing. Now I just want one like it with 1080p, backlit keyboard and more RAM, but it costs more than fucking double the price for new ones?

>completely silent

like your shit posting

>it's impossible to like both Android and OS X

lol

Nice try. Macbook Air is literally the noisiest fucking computer I've heard in a decade.

What do you expect from a midrange lappy?

>win32
>2016

>Because I'm not a homosexual and want win32 software support.

Sounds to me like a triggered normie

sorry to beg for advice, but

I need a laptop for under 1000, which I'll use for just a few things:
browsing (I often have 40+ tabs open at a time)
word and light excel
maybe mathematica
watching movies

I need it to last for three years or so

is the 2015 air for 850 a good choice? should I get 3 year applecare?

A lot of android devs use macbooks
Hell a decent amount of android devs use iphones as their main phone.

Comes only in silver so no thanks.

it's super comfy

>>completely silent

You mean

>CPU throttles to 20% within seconds of starting to do anything compute heavy

This, I came to one from a Thinkpad X201, the screen is way better unless you're comparing to a rMBP/XPS 13 screen.

You've come to the wrong place for advice, faggot. Dis place fa shitposting homies

you prefer the Air to the X201?

I fail to see how that doesn't make it completely silent...

Yeah, the Air has around equal performance except it runs a lot quieter and has longer battery life. I know that the X201 has the legendary Thinkpad keyboard but the Air still has a great keyboard. Touchpad is way better on the Air as well, only real benefit of the X201 is upgrade-ability and user-serviceability, since everything is soldered in the Air.

The same thing is happening to the Android phones. They want a "quality" feel attached to their product which comes with "quality pricing".

>16:10 screen necessary
Just get the pro senpai, better screen/specs/resale price.

>since everything is soldered in the Air.
The SSD isn't, for a start.

Most Macfags don't have iPhones. You wouldn't know this because you're a clueless cretin.

friends?

>(I often have 40+ tabs open at a time)
Why?

Is the ram replaceable?

>taped

most efficient way to get things done; for a given task, search, open all promising links in new tabs, then crl+tab through them, closing whichever ones don't suit my needs, then ultimately bookmarking or reading the remaining ones

often I'll have two such processes, in different stages, going on at the same time; eg., in one window, looking through an online store for a gift for mother's day, while in another, looking through jstor for articles for a research paper

I actually quite like Apple MacBook hardware.

I tend to run Linux on them, but having said that I'm still using an 8 year old MBP that just refuses to die.

Shake it

I love the Dell Chrome 11, has a decent celeron, 4gbs of ram and 32 internal I believe. It's really tough and ideal to toss around in your backpack, can take a beating without problem.

all c2d laptops are noisy. maybe try a mba made in the last 5 fucking years

Yes, absolutely. No applecare isn't worth it. Just buy it with your Visa for the extended insurance offered by Visa.

My desktop.

thanks man, I appreciate it

>Glossy display
>Better than any other matte IPS display
Okay user.

if you aren't retarded and use it outside glare isn't an issue.
indoors glossy is obv better due to superior contrast.

where is the evidence

Because why close tabs to websites you go to everyday when you can have them open. I use a tab tree to organize them. Makes surfing easier for me.

>Implying glossy display aren't just a marketing trick
>Implying greater contrast means better colour accuracy
>Implying professionals use glossy display
>Implying I don't want to use my display with the curtains open

please learn what contrast is.
avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/852536-basic-guide-color-calibration-using-cms-updated-enhanced.html

I know what contrast is. There's no point designing / editing on a display with increased contrast if it's not accurate to what you'll get after your designs go to print.

matte display: black looks grey
glossy display: black looks black
bonus: better contrast

So why do all professional designers and photographers use matte displays then user?

There's a reason all desktop monitors designed for colour accuracy are matte.

>There's a reason all desktop monitors designed for colour accuracy are matte.
which is?

matte=office use
grain free matte=prosumer
glossy=consumer

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRGB#Viewing_environment
The sRGB specification assumes a dimly lit encoding (creation) environment with an ambient correlated color temperature (CCT) of 5000 K.

>shit displays: black looks grey
>good displays: black looks black
>glossy displays: reflections, reflections everywhere

>wanting win32
>fucking WIN32

>A lot of android devs use macbooks

OS X use has declined a lot in the last two years at Google. Goobuntu on high end Chromebooks is much more popular now.

What's better over the rz4?

Also a rz6 is in the works

>one on ebay in copper/blue for an affordable $1700
I may have to be very irresponsible, just this once

The new Macbook (non pro) is actually NICE.
It has a long battery life, and has no fans. Perfect for the average joe and their daily Facebook status updates.

What's NOT good about it is that it has only one USB-C port and one headphone jack, and that it costs way too much for what it offers - 1300$. If it were in the 500-600$ range, it would be a no-brainer to buy one.

Let's Note CF-RZ5
>10.1" WUXGA IPS touchscreen, converts into a tablet
>god tier build quality
>10.5h battery life
>aesthetic as fuck

The only ways this laptop could get better are a TrackPoint, ANSI return key, swivel hinge, and a dock

That keyboard looks awful, is it a chiclet?

Looks like it. I don't mind chiclet keyboards though

Apple cucks triggered

>Implying chromecucks are actually good for anything other than being a glorified web browser
Top kek

I have the 2015 macbook not pro, which has a crazy resolution of 2560 x 1600. less bezel than the air, a touch slower. my cruise control for keks.

Glossy adds shine, which affects highlights, shades and hue.