Whats Sup Forums opinion on Linux mint? And cinnamon?

Whats Sup Forums opinion on Linux mint? And cinnamon?

are you planning on making a thread like this for every single distro?

No, just for linux mint

I liked it, but 18.0 has a bunch of wifi issues so I switched to manjaro.

>cinnamon
the best
>mint
meh. I use manjaro + cinnamon, but if you're a casual user you might like mint more.

>⭐⭐⭐⭐
what the fuck is this

this is what I heard. run 17.3 and it works great, will ride it out til 2019 when it's not supported then I might jump to an elitist distro. I know 18.1 is dropping soon and I will keep my ear to the tracks to see if they've worked shit out, too many "i upgraded to 18 and my shit's broke" posts on their forums for me to go for it

Linux Mint is essentially the only ubuntu-based distribution that's worth using. Instead of being another useless spin off, they provide their own desktop and software.

Cinnamon isn't my taste personally (no pun intended), but I'll concede it's fairly well designed and has improved over the years. It's takes no effort to make it look good and is functional.

deepin is its own distro, and being worked in chinaland. They actually need jobs for it.

>Linux Mint

The current distro I use on my main desktop, and the one I plan on using for awhile.

>Cinnamon

Cinnamon is really nice, but I prefer KDE as a DE.

I like Cinnamon on Arch

Hey bro epic hat xD

Failed abortion that tried to become a cheap Windows 7 clone.

4 stars

He is unique and original xDDDDDDDDD

what a fucking white male right?

interesting point of view.

It's personal preference, but I like Debian-based distros. I also like the desktop metaphors of Windows 98 and XP. I feel that Cinnamon is the most polished successor out there to that interface style.

So Debian with Cinnamon, Ubuntu with Cinnamon would both work just as well.
I'm lazy though, so installing Mint gets me where I want to go faster.

>2nd most popular distro
>failed

it failed as an abortion and succeeded in catering to neck-beards.

theres no need for mint/cinnamon when elementary does everything much better

A lot of people enjoy it.It was actually my first main one

But the question is, can it play GAYMES? Can it run Adobe softwares? CAN IT??

>Mint
Shit.
>Cinnamon
The shit.

Mint 17.3, sure.
Mint 18, forget about sleep mode, wifi, ethernet, bluetooth but hey, you get a new dark theme!!

Anyone tried stock ubuntu + cinnamon? I might make the switch if it works like mint does.

I haven't tried the new mint, is it really that bad?

Last time I checked it was a pile of unstable, insecure trash with incompetent devs. Has it really changed that much since 17.3?

and by checked you mean you read some post by some butthurt linux elitist on some forum reaching for reasons to hate Mint 'muh security, muh updates, muh the mint website got hacked and for one day there was a compromised .iso dae botnet" when the real reason they hate Mint is that it's easy to install and use and popular, and you thought to yourself, "that guy seems smart I'm gonna parrot his opinion everytime this subject comes up so people think I'm smart"

Been using since just before the feb 20 thing.
17.3 and now 18 cinnamon.
Really liked it a lot.
Tried mint years ago, and my impression was that it was greenbuntu instead of orangebuntu.
Been getting the urge for something different again, tho.
Been trying various vms and considering sabayon kde plasma edition. Seems pretty cutting edge.

no, i used it for months

Cinnamon feels clunky on Linux Mint.
But it feels awesome on Debian.

>insecure trash with incompetent devs
>used it for months.
mmmm ok yeah you sound legit.

yeah.
it was back when i was entirely new to using gnu/linux, back then i didn't really question anything that happened, just rolled along with it. but as my understanding grew, i did realise.

>admitted noob
>opinion discarded

No.
It's still trash.

I had Mint Cinnamon for a few months as it was my first linux distro and as close as I could get to Windows to ease myself into it. I really liked it. I'm now on Ubuntu and not liking it. Going to switch to something else or maybe go back to Mint.

Once you go Debian you'll never go back. Join us, brother.

No

oh :(
you'll regret that choice i'm sure

Very polished
I use lmde instead, less redundant upstream shit and you can use backports

cinnamon is all good on arch. no issue son my side.

>multiple monitors
>want multiple panels, one on each monitor
>Ubuntu MATE, Kubuntu, elementary OS
>every single one can't handle multiple panels or fuck up in some regard
>unplug one monitor and the panels fucking migrate to another screen
>plug the monitor back in and it doesn't move to original spot
>only DE I've tried so far that handles this behavior correctly is Linux Mint and Ubuntu Unity, but the latter is fucking shit
I'm going to try Lubuntu and Xubuntu next but I'm not expecting any miracles. It's like the people who made these fucking DEs never used a multi-monitor setup in their entire lives.

Kys

pic related

wtf do you mean by panels ?

I have used Mint. Simple enough to use. But nothing fantastic by a long stretch.

I've tried several de's on arch. Seems like they're all pretty nice ootb.

Bottom of the screenshot. Also known as toolbar, taskbar, etc.

Nobody calls this a panel and just use Windows if you want this to work well and give you multiple options for doing it.

I tried switching from Mint 18 to BunsenLabs because
>muh lightweight
And now my WiFi and networking are all fucked up and the packages are ancient. I was on Kernel 3.6.

Why isn't there a stable, somewhat up to date, rolling release distro that's lightweight

Inb4 arch
I don't want to sound petty but frankly I just don't have time for that. I have work to do. Maybe I'll try it when I have free time

Not too bad, really.
I use linux as an amateur but I still like my pinball fix and on a laptop,
It's shit.
And I can't use Libreoffice since everyone switched to Microcuck Office insert year here.

So it's kind of a screw up on my end, but great for personal use.

You mean Ubuntu mate?
Or Solus?

I use both and they both work flawlessly.

I tried Mint 17.2 with mate and it was honestly sluggish on my pc and just felt off.

Not sure if 18 is better since I've just decided to stick to what I know is good

Literally no one thought it was a pun

So should I give mint 18 a try or not?

Nope.

Install Solus.

Nope.

Install Arch.

Yes.

It's alright.

That was my second choice. I'm excited.

Manjaro xfce nigger

Move the taskbar to the bottom and it's just like cinnamon, but lighter and more functional

>Mint 18, forget about sleep mode, wifi, ethernet, bluetooth but hey, you get a new dark theme!!
I have Mint 18 on my 2015 Thinkpad X1 and all of those work fine.
What hardware configuration is giving you trouble?

>Nobody calls this a panel and just use Windows if you want this to work well and give you multiple options for doing it.
Cinnamon calls it a Panel. Older Openbox users (2010 or before?) would be used to a package named "pypanel". LXDE and variants call it a Panel, and the package is named "LXPanel".
It makes sense that if user came to Cinnamon first, he would learn to call it a "panel".

Cinnamon gives you multiple options for using it (e.g. on multiple monitors).

>Whats Sup Forums opinion on Linux mint?
Shit

>And cinnamon?
Also shit