Thunderbolt 3 Ports on Right Side of 13-Inch MacBook Pro Have Reduced PCI Express Bandwidth

Thunderbolt 3 Ports on Right Side of 13-Inch MacBook Pro Have Reduced PCI Express Bandwidth

>Apple has published a detailed support document highlighting the capabilities of the Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports on the new MacBook Pro, unveiling some previously unknown details and outlining the different adapters that are needed to connect various accessories.

>According to the document, while all of the ports on the 15-inch MacBook Pro and the 13-inch MacBook Pro without a Touch Bar offer full Thunderbolt 3 performance, only two of the four ports on the 13-inch MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar support Thunderbolt 3 at full performance.

macrumors.com/2016/10/28/macbook-pro-tb3-reduced-pci-express-bandwidth/

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kFolvM_uozU
apple.com
ark.intel.com/products/91156/Intel-Core-i5-6360U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_10-GHz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TOPPEST LELKEK MACFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH
FUCKING KILL YOURSELVES
K
Y
S

AYYYY

Dont use the it on the wrong side then retard

Could this be a chipset limitation ?

its sort of like PCIe16x , sure you might have the slot, but if you add more gpus they just become 2x 8x pcie

"You're using it wrong!"

Exactly.

If you need simultaneous 40 Gb/s bandwidth from all four Thunderbolt 3 ports, then just get the 15-inch model.

Chances are that you won't actually need it.

>pay over $9000 more for more bandwidth

yeah i'll get right on that

>implying jobs wouldn't be just as pissed about the things tim cuck has been doing since he died

>Chances are that you won't actually need it.
Chances are he wouldn't have a Mac as a gift.
He's just trolling from his apparently stable Windows PC.

nope, mac user here.

C O U R G E
Free and open source standarts just don'y have it

and proprietary standards apparently don't have a spell checker

Welp.

I'm holding out for the next revision then.

Good thing the price went up $300. Would have felt cheated if all four ports fully functioned and there wasn't price hike.

BTFO
T
F
O

kek

the 15 inch computer has all 4 ports at full speed

this is an artificial limitation

The processors on the 13inch don't have as many PCI lanes.

Steve Jobs would've just limited it to two ports or upgraded the processor then.

Tim Cook's Apple fails on every level.

APPLEFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>Steve Jobs would've just limited it to two ports or upgraded the processor then.

Spoken like a true 13 year old armchair expert. You have no idea what happened in the development of this product and you sure as fuck don't know what Steve Jobs would have done with this exact issue you dumb skidmark.

How can you just sit there and honestly pretend you can know all of this out of nowhere? Don't you cringe at yourself?

>Implying jobs wouldn't be laughing his ass off
Face it, the guy never did understand the very shit he was hocking to the masses. All he knew or understood is what the masses wanted. Op's green text reads like a phd dissertation to the average macbook consumer.

So
>No touch bar, full speed
>Cheap touch bar, Gimped
>Expensive touch bar, full speed
My sides

The 13inch touch bar one is basically the same as the 2 port version except for added slower thunderbolt 3 ports on the right side. Only TB3 is gimped, nothing else.

Close.
The 2 ports that the touch bar and fkey versions share are full speed. The extra ports on the touch bar version are half speed, and this only affects TB3 speeds.

>only two of the four ports on the 13-inch MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar support Thunderbolt 3 at full performance.

Does ANY windows laptop have ports as fast as the "slower" Thunderbolt ports?

Anything with Thunderbolt 2.

>closed hardware
I mean we go jus to 2000s where all phones had there own charing ports and sometimes jack mini or other retard standards.

I beg you make open hardware/ports/specification, we have achive realy a lot.
And fuck new thinkpads

The Touch 13" Pro also has a smaller battery while powering 2 screens and a more power hungry CPU.
Literally nothing but compromises if you're planning on getting any Mac these days.

kek Lisa ripped apple a new asshole in her review

youtube.com/watch?v=kFolvM_uozU

jobs had to hold a press conference and give out free cases because he allowed a phone to be released which simply holding it severely effected the radio reception.

you might want to rethink that statement

no she didn't.

How about I just don't use a Mac at all?

Jerk.

LOL macrumors

fag detected

no big loss.. stay with your inferior windows os.

>muh sekrit club

from the comments
>New MacBook Pros Don't Include Backlit Apple Logo
Fucking macfags, they consider this a selling point

>Thinking a company that's sinking themselves should do what they want.
This fucking triggers me so bad and I'm trying not to project so fucking hard.

Like, really hard.

How does a person become this deluded?

this way apple.com

>posting motivational poster memes 62 days before 2017

>old things are bad

How do we end this generation of retards?

I remember when apple removed the ethernet port on their macbooks and suddenly I couldn't use it for anything without a fucking adapter

suddenly it was my fault because I wasn't the desired market for apple anymore and that I was behind in the times or some dumb shit. People were thoroughly convinced that LESS features made a computer better

then when the new Macbook came out with only one fucking port it was suddenly "what do you need more than one port for?" and suddenly having to charge your phone and your computer at the same time or use it for any sort of multitasking was "autistic" and "fringe"

This is what happens when you give everyone a participation medal

End it? I say profit from it. Create a plastic cover that replicates that cracked screen look, and sell it to them. HAHAHA!

>15" with touchbar has no limitation
>13" without touchbar has no limiation

>13" with touchbar has limitation

wat

>It just works.

Oops! I think Apple fucked up somewhere severely. They probably meant for the 13" without the memebar to have the reduced bandwidth, not the 13" that actually has it. kek, neo-Apple.

I have never agreed more with a Sup Forums opinion post. Every time Apple removes some feature, there's a paradigm shift and suddenly wanting that feature is weird. Apple could remove the terminal tomorrow in exchange for nothing, and within 24 hours the Apple shill squad would be saying how [insults] you have to be to want to use the terminal.

CPU's PCIe lanes are unsuitable in all cases.
see: ark.intel.com/products/91156/Intel-Core-i5-6360U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_10-GHz
only allows a 1x4, 2x2, 1x2+2x1 and 4x1 configuration. 1x4 is already the SSD and a TB3 controller for 2 ports needs it's own 1x4, which you don't even have.
so PCH's PCIe lanes matter, it's likely Intel fucked those up, too. but no information available.

you are totally missing the topic.
in this case Apple is the first one that uses Intel's platform to its fullest and shows Intel's limit.

>remove F-row
>"Well you don't need the F-row"

>remove headphone jack
>"Well you can just listen to music through bluetooth, who cares"

>remove HDMI/SD/USB-A/everything
>"Just buy dongles"

Yeah, I'm totally missing the point.

that isn't the topic of this thread, so yes, you are totally missing the point.
go back to one of the million other threads which talk about that.

Its actually common sense. Apple hasnt done anything interesting since jobs died. Theyre becoming as shitty as microsoft except without an os thats a huge backdoor. Why would anybody defend cook? Hes a money man without the passion that jobs had. When they fired jobs apple almost went out of business. When they brought jobs back he made apple one of the most influential companies around

even under Jobs, Macs weren't their main business anymore, so buying Intel to fix Intel's shit doesn't sound feasible.

>no counter-point
>"BUT WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT RIGHT NOW OK"

>thread is about some specific Apple issue
>starts talking about something else Apple
>ignores other threads specifically about that
retard pls

What is happening at apple HQ, are they going mental?
Is this an organized prank so they can laugh at the buyers a couple years from now?
Did competitors take over the board?

I thought those were Fake? You know like a really bad Joke? Who the hell give those things out?

I don't think Jobs would've given a shit either to be honest, he probably would've passed it off as working as intended before hoping to fix it in the next rendition.

Where do people get this idea that Jobs was the king of business? It's true he consistently led Apple in a positive direction, but he also allowed routinely overheating products into the hands of consumers, products with glaring flaws like the antenna issue on the iPhone... He did a pretty decent job but he wasn't without flaw.

As much as people memed about Apple being a shit company in the Steve days now it really has become exactly that and worse. Tim Cook has completely failed and should be replaced ASAP. I mean the nigger has even been selling off his stock because he knows it's gonna fucking tank under his shitty leadership. Everything that's been done since he took over (the watch, the pencil, the wireless mouse, the iPhone 7, the new macbook, the new macbook pros, etc.) has been a complete shit show.

He was just a better salesman. Apple never was "revolutionary".