What are some Sup Forums approved tablets?

What are some Sup Forums approved tablets?

none, they're a fucking meme especially now that phones have big screens. Even normies don't use them as much anymore

clearly your not a normie because normies use them a lot and they even replace their PC/Mac with one

Asus T100TA isn't bad. But that's cause it's got an actual OS, and can function as a laptop in a pinch as well. Just take care of it, cause it's made of cheap ass plastic.

Also, don't spend more than like $150 on it.

No they don't, the market share of tablets has dropped significantly. The only people i see who actually use them are old people. Most normies just use their phones now that there is little difference.

the only tablets people use now are the hybrid ones really, like

The nexus 7 was a fucking godsend.

That was the only thing I cared about during googles useless conference.

nexus 7 2013 is still very popular.

Anything that isn't a 2in1 has been pretty much replaced by phones.

Its incredibly outdated, it isnt even getting Nougat. Right now, there are tons of rumors about a new nexus model this year, but theyre just simply rumors.

>Its incredibly outdated, it isnt even getting Nougat.
irrelevant. it works like a charm, the value is hard to beat, hardware is top. most people don't care about nougat since it's not even completely rolled out within compatible nexus devices so far.

with 6 it's still a great tablet for everyday use and way better than most chinkshit or samsung that's out there.

I'm waiting for a new Fire 7. If not, I'm waiting for a Black Friday sale on the new Fire 8 HD.

Or I could just get two Fire 7s instead if they're $35 again.

The nintendo switch

Yeah, I can easily read a book, magazine, comic/manga, HD movie, browse web, YouTube, Netflix, etc on a fucking phone.

As for me, went with Nook HD+. Hey, it was in my budget (9in tablet for $120 with work discount). But getting a Samsung Galaxy this Xmas.

I mostly use my laptop for most of this and an e reader for reading.

Surface Pro line

I still use my Nook HD+ everyday. I got a 32 GB for $150 in 2013. dude accidentally got the 32 down instead of the 16, and i started bitching the price was wrong, not noticing that it was the big one. walked out then it hit me i got it for $80 less than i should have.

i put cyanogenmod on it and its been my everywhere tablet.

Are ereaders easier on the eyes? I have a Nook Simple Touch, but no table to compare. E-readers just seem like they would have too small of a screen, at leas the Nook is shitty with most pdfs. No turning it sideways, don't think I've seen that work for others as well.

VAIO Z Canvas

Desktop CPU
Ethernet port, shitloads of others
Two SSD slots
Active stylus
3 cooling fans
16 GB RAM
Metal build
Among many thrown in.

I challenge you to find a more Sup Forums device.

unironicaly this

Nvidia Shield Tablet 32GB LTE

Everyone else in this thread is a nigger.

If it doesn't have IR, it shouldn't exist.

iPad Mini

wait there are gaming tablets??

I could imagine that this would be not the greatest idea

only bother with windows 10, and then only if you have a specific application in mind.

>Half-Life 2
>Half-Life 2: Episode Two
>Portal
>Doom 3 : BFG Edition
>Limbo
>Never Alone Kisima Ingitchuna
>Double Dragon Trilogy
>Tomb Raider I
>GL TRON
>Grim Fandango

Plug in the HDMI to a telly and it's a gaming console in your pocket.
Shit's boss mate.

I use a dell venue pro 8 with LTE. I use it in normal win 10 mode for twitch, netflix, hbo, browsing the web and using my internet providers TV streaming service. I spend around 3 to 5 days a week living at a hotel so it's a great portable entertainment device. I just wish it had 4 GB RAM or more. 2GB is just not enough if using chrome. It will swap tabs out to disk.

Hey everyone I can play half life 2 on the go!! Isn't that exciting!!!!!

Sup Forums is the wrong place to ask about tablets as it's frequented by Asperger's Syndrome sufferers who enjoy tinkering obsessively with computers.

Tablets don't really provide an opportunity for tinkering, as they provide slick, secure and reliable access to useful software applications (or "apps") without any complications, so naturally Sup Forums can't see the point of them.

Furthermore, Sup Forums posters tend to have oversized phones, which makes possession of a tablet even more pointless in their eyes. The concept of a book-sized device that you can use on train, bus or airplane without having to squint at has no merit to them since they very rarely travel anywhere.

If pushed, Sup Forums users may grudgingly recommend Windows tablets, as they have a "real" operating system. The fact that Windows is designed for computers with keyboards and mice, and is a terrible touch OS with barely any touch-optimised software, means that these "tablets" are really laptops without keyboards, running software designed for desktops.

Finally, you will hear mention of the Nexus 7 2013. A three year old device with poor build quality and no SD card slot. This is because a few Sup Forums residents dabbled with the device when it was new and exciting, and have refused to move on with the times.

My dad keeps asking me for help to pick one of those. I have no idea what to tell him.

I like how you didn't recommend anything

Sup Forums approved: anything not iPad
worth getting: iPad

Ask him what he wants to do with it.

It's likely he'll want it for web browsing, email and movies. He might play around with some apps but probably doesn't have anything specific in mind.

If he's reasonably technically competent, any new-ish Android tablet with an SD card slot, 2 speakers, 16GB storage and 2GB RAM will probably do.

If he's a total digitard, you may need to get a model with more storage, as 16GB can fill up quite quickly with photos and cached crap, and he won't be able to make effective use of the SD card.

Be wary of Samsung tablets. They aren't bad, but they're very overpriced. For every Samsung tablet, another manufacturer has a better tablet for less money, with the possible exception of the Notes.

iPads

not even memeing

He just wants it for reading documents and watching the ocassional video. All job related.

iPad
anything else is for autists

It was already a long post, friend.

I am biased against Apple's iOS devices because I enjoy emulation, memory expansion, and root access so I can remove unwanted software from my property.

If none of these things interest you, then iPad mini 2 is an excellent machine. AFAIK Mini 3 wasn't really much of an improvement. I haven't researched the Mini 4 or Air.

On the Android front, the Shield K1 is really superb in most respects (apart from ergonomics). I also have a soft spot for the Galaxy Note 8; it was way ahead of it's time in terms of hardware spec, and is the only really viable "electronic notepad" I've come across. The handwriting features really are superb.

The Asus Z580C looks promising. The spec is double that of every other tablet available at the same price of $200 - 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage. I've seen the screen, and it's damn good. Can't vouch for the sound.

Alas it has an Intel chip. These may present occasional compatibility problems... I've heard some apps (graphic intensive games) may not work, perhaps others.

Oh, and if you do decide to go for a Samsung tablet, get the Tab S, not the Tab S2. The hardware, screen quality etc. is pretty much identical, but the original Tab S has some features the S2 lacks, like haptic feedback, an LED flash, and in my opinion a better screen aspect ratio.

It may not have the very latest version of Android, but in my opinion, the differences between Lollipop, Marshmallow and Nougat are negligible. Just as long as you aren't stuck with Android 4.4 and it's blocks on SD card use.

Cube i7 book my dude.

I bought a 50$ Jeff Bezos tablet and I like it for school, anything else is a waste of $$$

HP Touchpad.

What's the cheapest tablet I can get that has at least 2GB of RAM, around 8" screen, and is resonably sturdy? That's all I need