Dead people's gmail accounts

What happens to dead people's gmail accounts?

They keep on existing.

they vote for hilldog and like her status updates

Don't know about Gmail but Yahoo disable your account (deletes all data and shit) after 1 or 2 years without use, but they keep existing.

>deletes all data and shit
:^)

You can set a preference in Google to delete everything if you've been inactive for a while. By default, I do not think they delete the account.

oh shit, waddup. these two posts are at complete odds with each other!!

They are not, read again, aniki.

The emails in the account are analyzed and used to build story lines and psychological profiles of miniature androids in a wild west setting, where wealthy people can join in and play out fantasies.

They get deleted after a few years of inactivity.

This

On a reputable service the email account will remain up for a few months/years before being closed due to inactivity. After a few years of inactivity the stored data will probably be deleted. Reputable services never free up the email address for another person to use for obvious reasons.

i keked

There is an old joke about this that says over time the majority of the things said online will be by dead people. Just like the majority of books right now are written by people who are long dead. And those dead will never be able to come back to claim their data to show it isn't relevant anymore.

all that info just goes into the Google vault

>month/years
pretty big time frame difference between those two if I'm being completely honest with you.

noice. a bit too spoopy for me though. i bet that most cuck webmasters will delete things after 20 or so years though such as old forum archives and what not

Just think, kids a hundred years from now will be able to view all the posts, pictures, etc. from their great grandparents facebook. You know, even those pictures of them partying in their early 20's and shit.

The best example is free web hosts who don't care and never check. In some cases they are bought out by another hosting company so even if they did care, those people aren't even there anymore. You still see angelfire sites pop up for 90s video games first on google, and the people who are still alive and wrote this stuff who legit owned the site can't even get in because they just don't give a shit or have lost their account number or whatever and nobody can ever authenticate and tell them to take it down. So it's just stuck there.

Other favorite is odyssey of hyrule which just happened to host "triforce must be in oot" content and stop updating right before people finally just did a romdump and proved it isn't there. Site was archived elsewhere and is saved in its 2005 state and still attracts too many people so the romdumps have been squelched and you still see people in 2016 saying "there MUST be a triforce in oot" because this one archived site never has the final update of "THERE IS NO FUCKING TRIFORCE IN OOT"

>shitposting

We'll find out real fucking soon if you keep trashposting