Has technology gone too far?

Has technology gone too far?

Other urls found in this thread:

wellnessmama.com/3662/whiten-teeth-naturally/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not far enough, I'd say.

I think we need to have scales in our cabinets that we set these products on which order more when the containers are almost empty

Yes, it is all a botnet now

Hey, that's a good idea user. If you could put in expiry dates and names it would work pretty damn well for medications.

>This is truly the future. You press a button and 2 days later toilet paper shos up at your door.
>2 days later
This guy was obviously sarcastic

>Mobilizing the whole delivery service just to bring you toilet paper

Please think of the enviroment

>Have to drive to the post office or distribution center when you miss delivery.

No, but capitalism has.

That is a very foul looking toothbrush.

>have kids
>kid presses laundry detergent button 3412644814 times
>go bankrupt

Haha stop being so cynical

What exactly happens if you press the toilet paper button 100 times?

Will you receive 100 jumbo packs of toilet paper at your doorstep?

This must be an expensive thing to have, since this button must be for people who can't be bothered to search for alternative brands or bargain deals on the product if they go to the store.

How does this thing protect against dumb children and pranks by house guests?

this is a thing people are doing wellnessmama.com/3662/whiten-teeth-naturally/

>Stop pointing out problems with this new Innovative Design™ and let your kids press the button and make you go bankrupt
no thanks

These things aren't for normal people, these things are for people who would actually buy an Amazon Echo, let alone use it at some point. Rich people who don't have to worry about anyone but other rich people anywhere near their house.

You can set it up to not allow multiple orders to be placed at one time.

The prices on most of that stuff are outrageous.
They are literally charging $20 for a 2liter of coke.

>stop pointing out problems

it isn't a problem, the button defaults to 1 order per 24 hours. If you can't afford to accidentally order three staple household items before you realize your kid is hitting the button, then you aren't in the dash button demographic to begin with.

>implying you can't order stuff by voice command on Amazon Echo/Google Home

Is there a dash button to buy batteries for your dash buttons? what happens when the batteries run out on the battery ordering dash button?

>slide to order extra dongle

* too fat

>Everything is through electronics
>what are severe lightning storms
Enjoy starving to death

>what are severe lightning storms
something that has never happened in my lifetime
maybe live in a place with decent infrastructure?

>weather is infrastructure

Not far enough

no but if electronics get damaged because of weather you clearly have lacking infrastructure

>literally everything has microtransactions now

I'd like one of these

How successful are these buttons? I like the idea. In a fantasy world, you'd be getting some toilet paper and you'd realize that you're out so you'd click the button and you'll be ready to go. Sounds fantastic, but... can't you just do it through mobile? Why not just add a feature to the Amazon app where it's like one click buying?

Have these buttons made a significant difference? Or are they a failure like the Fire Phone... Remember that piece of shit? Or whatever it was called.

Put it where the child can't reach it.

That's simple common sense for when you have a child. It goes for many things other things in the house, like things they could jam into a power socket.

yes, because they break SO often...

You should at least get something you would use.

They don't but collecting thinkpads is a drug

yes but you would just get the same model every time...

> using an internet of """ things """

wew lass

>Living in an area so shitty that the post can't trust people to not steal packages left on the step

I feel bad for you man

It's going the final mile of shopping convenience. Could you do it with your phone? Sure, but but when you notice your laundry detergent is low, you don't go running to your phone or computer to order more. You just make a mental note to buy detergent, then forget it a minute later. With this, you just hit the button and it's added to your cart for you to confirm when you get to a computer.

It's mostly more of an experiment, they even sell a customizable one. But you want to live in the future, The Echo Dot is $50 and you can tell it to order anything, along with whatever Prime services they tied into it.

You'll never impregnate a women, not even a negro subhuman retarded autist, keep dreaming.

1. click button
2. You receive a fucking email asking you to approve said purchase
3. whats the point?

it should have a buy protection or something, like max 3 product per 24 hours

I have seen this before

It adds it to your cart to check out later when you're actually at the computer and disables itself until delivery is confirmed. So you can't hammer your friend's Meow Mix button 500 times and expect a dumptruck of cat food to pull into their driveway.

Wait so it instantly orders more of the product when pressed? What if someones kid just spams the button like they do?

iirc it only works once a day

I ordered one of these and still kek'd

This is why so many fucktards exist. Parents should also let their toddlers play with small objects like marbles, small magnets, and Kinder Egg toys.

>Living in the woods

what's the point if you have to confirm your order going to computer, pretty much sucks tbqh

Look at the post right above yours. And before you ask "why don't I just my phone?" See

Super turkey puncher champion

Of all of the things we can standardize and make more acceptable/common place, why this? Of all... fucking... things.

You don't hit it, then immediately run to the computer to push the order through. You press it because when you tell yourself "gotta order toilet paper," you're going to forget a minute later.

When you later settle in front of your computer to email/facebook/shop/shitpost, then you confirm the orders.

These things are really cool to dick around with DESU. You can listen on a local network for the button to be pressed and you can basically have it be used as a button for whatever. I have mine next to my bed to turn off my computer for when I'm a lazy fuck.

>living in 'murrika
jej

Wow this is actually pretty stupid.

I want to fuck that Gorilla

>this is truly the future. You press a button and 2 days later toilet paper show up at your door
>having to wait two days to clean your ass
>delivering at your door and not at the toilets
Let me tell you this future is shit sir.

>sir

THICC

just add those products as shortcut to your desktop/homescreen isn't the same fucking thing?
>t. lazy fuck

>carrying your phone all over the house

i have one for pizza lol

That's Jew technology on your pic.

>having kids

Cuck

>$20
>battery soldered
>need to buy again after 5000 presses
At 20 fucking dollars they claim that including a battery holder for swappable batteries would be too expensive.

I suppose this is imagined to work with their drone delivery system. Which would probably make it extremely efficient.
One gigantic central storage with thousands of drones flying back and forth delivering items to people

>Go away I'm baitin!

Seriously, I just don't see a practical use for now.

OmegaCo?

is this a thing?

goood goy, don't produce white children
unless you a ooga booga then fuck off

not him,
What is it like being perpetually triggered?

kek

I'd buy the shit out of one if I could edit it to buy things like resistors

I have three myself, one for toilet paper, one for our hand soap and one for our trash bags. It's just like other anons have said, it's there to stop the quick mental notes that get forgotten since it makes your mental note an order. It's useful for the things you always have to keep in the house and the fact the button is free doesn't hurt.

>our

Him, his wife, and his wife's son

>tfw I buy one and rig it to my raspi as a doorbell.
Innovation

>> steal button from neighbor, keep pushing the button, neighbor goes broke and moves away... mfw

I'm from a shitwhole, so I have 0 experience with Amazon - but don't they give you settings for this crap? So you'd be able to change the amount of products you want, and to disable the button if you desire?
>Trojan dash button

You get notified whenever an order is placed from it.
You can cancel that order.
Orders from that button are disabled for a few days after an order from it is placed.
You can disable it at any time.

People who thing you could get away with that shit are fucking retarded and don't do any research.

Having all those buttons where a sticker is literally the only difference seems very retarded though.

Having a single multi-product one for the kitchen, bathroom, garage and so on makes much more sense. Either one with like 10 buttons, or one where you just type the name of what you want and hit "Order"

There's no such thing as too far.

>Be Jew
>Buy all stock only keeping ur stock at mark up
>Goy dolts buy ur over priced shit

Thanks dash

The better solution is to have a smart home that keeps an inventory of all consumable products in your home. Once you start to run low it automatically orders more OR notifies you and suggests the lowest price/best buy on the interwebs. It would also automatically help you manage a budget for such consumables, and if you like happen to like the Orwellian 1984 society that's been forced onto us it could also report back your metadata to some nameless company where it'll be sold to another 3rd party for god knows what.

FUCK ENVIRONMENT, I NEED TO WIPE MY POOPER!!!

Basically, that.

these are actually useful though

This stuff scares me a bit, honestly.

It's like a coworker of mine, he was explaining that he was going to stop ordering everything online because his 5 year old "didn't know where food comes from"

still probably going to buy one for my tea though, seems great.

>these are the kind of shits that keep getting hacked and used for massive DDoS attacks

Don't you wan't everything in your home to be part of a literal botnet?

>walking two days with shit stuck to your ass
>smelling like shit
>theres a giant shit stain on your pants
>everyone is disgusted
>but this is the future!

Made me kek, thanks

You need to get past the first point first...

it wont allow more than however many max daily orders, also just put it somewhere high unless you are [spoilers]a manlet[/spoilers]

>>goood goy, don't produce white children
>implying I don't donate donate sperm
>implying I don't get the best of both words
Who needs to have children when you can literally get paid to cuck other people.

>walking two days with shit stuck to your ass
>smelling like shit
>theres a giant shit stain on your pants

But that's been the average American for years anyway. Maybe all those mall sharters were just waiting for Amazon to deliver their toilet paper because they were too lazy to walk all the way to the toiletries isle?

true, i don't really use condoms very often

When I went to disney world I swear every line I waited in reeked of shit. What the fuck is the problem there?