Newfag here, can someone please explain why this image changes when you expand it on Sup Forums...

Newfag here, can someone please explain why this image changes when you expand it on Sup Forums, and why it only works on Sup Forums?

>inb4 mods think this is not technology related, theres technology in pngs too

Other urls found in this thread:

thume.ca/projects/2012/11/14/magic-png-files/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a demonstration of the problems of linear gamma image processing.

we speak english on Sup Forums pajeet

>I'm too stupid to research anything so I'll make pointless Sup Forums threads and still be too stupid to understand the replies.

Cool. How can I do something like it?

i put that hindi gamma processing bullshit into google translate and all i got was poo
can you explain it in simpler terms.

Darken an image then overlay a brightened image you want to appear after a bad rescaling job sparsely enough pixel-wise that the darkened image is what's visible when viewed normally.

It does not only effect Sup Forums you mong

how come i don't see it working when i view it in 2x size windows viewer? isn't it only meant to work when the image gets bigger?

tfw based firefox scales down correctly

It isn't the browser that scales it down for thumbnails, it's Sup Forums's server software.

ayy y u so hard

How come you think that has anything to do with Sup Forums and not your web browser?

>being this fucking illiterate
wew lad

its gdlib "problem"

Thank you knowledgeable user.

How come it only works on Sup Forums btw?

Okay Professor Egghead, how about you bring that down to a 8th grade level for those of us without tenure, capeesh?

That sure was hard.

Still not getting it across, poindexter. How about using normal people words? You know, ones that non-virgins use?

Why exactly are you here? On a technology board?

>gamma
I cannot achieve such an effect though

If it's a gdlib problem, why are some web browsers not effected? Do they take gdlib into account and correct the image?

The "bright" image form when the image is scaled down with incorrect gamma settings, causing the high-valued pixels (bright) to overpower the lower-valued pixels (dark) at an incorrect rate.

Whoa, whoa, slow down with the sciencey jargon brainiac. Come back down from hyperspace and give us "less gifted" people the plain lowdown.

Well, well, we've got a regular Nikola Tesla here. How about an executive summary without ten dollar words, you know, for those of us who actually have sexual relations?

Small number make unbright colour. Big number make bright colour. But comptuer think big number make even brighter colour. Mix big number with little number gives middle size number which much brighter than mix unbright colour with bright colour.

Sup Forums (and similar image board that use php gdlib) when it creates the thumbnail it throws away the gamma setting in the png so you see the "top" image in the thumbnail. the original image still has the gamma setting in the file so the browser uses that and you get the "hidden" image.

Slow it down, Einstein. Not everyone here has a PhD in Quantum Physics. Can you explain it to me like you're a well-adjusted person not some antisocial nerd freak?

>why are some web browsers not effected
they also throw away (ignore) the gamma setting.

Is this the resurrection of an ebin ancient meme?

test

Yea, it seems like some other tweaking needs to be done according to

No, you apparently misunderstood what I was saying. I remember a long time ago people had complained because Safari on OSX displayed the image correctly meaning there was no hidden image. You had to use Firefox to see it. It could be that Safari used native OSX gamma setting and Firefox did not.

How to do this in linux with GIMP?

did a simple search for "gamma double image" and found this: thume.ca/projects/2012/11/14/magic-png-files/

Firefox on android just displays the image as seen in the thumbnail. In OPs pic I can see the eyes thats supposed to come up, but in the others I see nothing underneath.

Lmao.

Get out

stop posting blank images.

Wow, are you dumb.

You are dumb.

And still, there are even dumber people that would fuck you?

Wow, this world is retarded.

And so are you.

Retarded.

It's almost as if we're on Sup Forums

Sup Forums

for technology

Dial down the technobabble a bit there Scotty. We're not on the Enterprise. It wouldn't hurt to talk like a common person. You'll get your point across better.

Why should I? You are a retard. You deserve to be killed. We don't need your kind on this planet. You are superfluous.

Jeez Louise, we can't all afford to get a Masters of Excessive Education at MIT. How about words with one or two syllables, huh?

Completely the same way. The tools are just in different places.

Two syllables. Fine:

You are a faggot. XOR yourself.

This one doesn't works here

>XOR yourself.
fuck off with your new age pronouns. you're either male, or female and I'll address you as such. Not some xir, xer, xor shit.

Nice tut. user.

Personally, I think written down like this it's easier to follow step by step.

daddy is gonna cum

Fuck off "le I'm white" idiot..

Download double vision for linux

We gotta bunch of idiots on this site. I've noticed that number has been growing over the last few years or so.