Britfags, have any of you ever bought a second hand GPU from CEX, and if so did it last or did it die after a few days?

Britfags, have any of you ever bought a second hand GPU from CEX, and if so did it last or did it die after a few days?

I only ask because I saw a some fairly attractive ones but the when I asked the girl behind the counter if any of their graphics cards had a store warranty she told me that 'it depends but we have to test it again to see if you put a virus on it', which didn't fill me with confidence.

Oops, wrong picture.

I was looking at the 960

Dude don't buy anything from CEX, its utter horseshit. Just find a deal on amazon

>CEX

Sounds like a bad idea, I'd rather find a used card on some website like craigslist except with reviews to find a good seller.

This is how I bought a bunch of used CPUs in the past from a local website, the sellers had good reviews and would give you 2 weeks of "spin up" time to test the CPU and would accept a return if anything was wrong so you had the time to stress test the stability and shit.

I wouldn't buy a graphics card that had potentially been abused by shitcoin mining. If you get one you'd better run a proper burn-in test and prove it's not fresh out of the oven, even then the fan bearings might be on their way out, so make sure it's not a miner-friendly card.

Nice creepshot, creep

That's my daughter. Twat.

CEX is dumb, don't shop there. You'll get better prices and at least as much security on eBay. They do some super retarded shit too, a few weeks ago I bought a PS4 which bundled some shit games that I didn't want, so I took them to CEX to sell for cash, still new in wrapper, and they had me take them out of the wrapper to prove what was inside, even though it was clearly legit, then they sell the brand new games as second hand. Can't think of a more stupid business model. I would've sold them on eBay or Amazon but I didn't have the patience.

got any more?

>tfw you've lived to see a day and age where anons are posting pictures of their children

I have scavenged ebay and gumtree for free CEX vouchers for at least 4 years now and I have bought:

>Laptops
>Chromecasts
>Controllers
>PS4, XBOX One
>3DS
>BluRays and Games

I never had an issue, but I have never bought a GPU. Don't do it.

Feeling old man... 9/11 was 15 years ago.

I've bought a few bits and pieces from CEX, not a GPU though. Here (in Ireland), you get a 2 year warranty when you buy from CEX, so it's not too bad for most things.

Regardless, a GPU is something a person has likely fucked with extensively (OCing etc), so I wouldn't find it worth the risk to buy them there unless you get a guarantee on that warranty. Even still, I personally wouldn't but that's just me. Definitely look up the price for what you want elsewhere though, CEX are mental with their prices. Some things they sell and you're like "how did I get such a great deal, I'd pay twice as much anywhere else", other things cost more second hand than it is to buy a brand new item from a brick & mortar. Very weird.

Also if you want to be total tinfoil hat - it's a device on the PCI bus, not something you want to risk someone having modified the firmware on, for example.

That's cool man.

Post some more

This, they dont properly test anything and most of the time they dont clean stuff unless it benefits them, they often buy stuff at grade C prices just because of a bit of dust and then just wipe the dust off and sell it at grade B or A prices

>has a child
God bless you, bro.

It's funny until everyone is doing it but you

don't do it senpai, I'd rather just risk it on ebay or gumtree.

btw, don't get that shitty 960.

Just save up a tad more and get a new 470 for about 160 quid.

I bought my 6700k from CEX lmao. this was a few months ago and it still works. Doesn't overclock well at all though, which is why I think it was sold to CEX

also when they sent it to me it still had old grease on it and wasn't in an anti static bag, it was just literally in an envelope that was folded a couple of times

how much did you get it for?

>has a child
good shit

I bought a 7950 from them for £75, works great for me, OCs a little bit with no voltage change but haven't gone too far with it because I don't have the watts.

Just never buy hard drives from them.
Seriously, never.

CEX are rip off cunts when it comes to hardware shit. Don't give them your money because they deserve to go out of business with the prices they ask for shit.

If you're gonna buy a used GPU buy off ebay,

Not really a fan of second hand GPUs though because GPUs don't really have a long life span. I'd expect a GPU or PSU to be the first thing to die pretty much always.

That said if the GPU is only a year or two old then it should be fine for another couple+ if it doesn't have any issues

She's cute, post more.

Ain't Pokemon stadium one of the most common N64 games?

yeah but it looks like it comes with the GBC cartridge adapter that lets you use your pokemon from crystal/gold/silver

>trying to save the white race and humanity in general
wow so very admirable of you
but post more

that thing looks like some mixed chink, OP is probably some yellow fever faggot that can't get a white girl

other than him making a child, there's nothing wrong with that

Han pls

I only buy second hand stuff from forums that require minimum post counts/time since registration and have strict rules.

It's not that bad if you know what you're looking for. I've bought 512MB DDR2 sticks for 10p each and old Core2 CPUs can be as low as £5 each. Sure, it's not amazing but you can't complain at those prices. Cash Converters is worse but then they sometimes have stuff priced good too. The only bad thing about these places is staff incompetence so asking them anything about the product is pointless and you just take the risk.

You could delet the pic. Now who is the twat?

Damn you really named her Twat?
Her mother should sue you for giving her such a shitty name

ITs something really, if it was an indian child it would just squat in poo
on street position. chinkies just spread their legs

>taking creepshots of your daughter
how is that any better?

I don't think they let you name kids with curse words or obviously... blanking on the word (weird for the sake of weird)... strange names.

>GPUs don't really have a long life span

Tell that to my 2009 Radeon HD 5850 which just won't stop trucking.. Granted it's not officially supported anymore and games like the Division are completely fucked but the thing still works. Mined a couple of bitcoins on that shit back in the day as well, more than paid for itself.

>buy laptop in Tescos a few years ago
>Acer 5551
>see the same model in the window CEX 2 years later for the same price I paid for it new
>ever buying anything from CEX
>ever buying used electronics from anywhere