Do you use a budget class motherboard?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/b/gqGfrH
techpowerup.com/reviews/
youtu.be/tz-Ye9Fbx_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Used to have a Z97-K, but bought a Z97-DELUXE

I don't know.

Lol no. I only use military grade components.

pcpartpicker.com/b/gqGfrH

I like that the bios chip is just on a socketed DIP package desu

No, I paid for the meme

Many budgets have military grade components, wtf are you talking about?

Is that an integrated POST card (lol)

Why did you get a poo in loo GPU instead of a based Nvidia one?

not really
buy any asus or gigabyte
both are reliable
buy features you need
z170 if OCing, usb c if want, hdmi on board, m.2, intel lan,...
theres not much quality difference in components, well maybe the cheapest of the cheap might be bit shittier, but still mobos are complicated
you can buy $200 one and $50 one, I would not be betting any money on which will last longer

btw, was buying this last week
went for asus because of usb c
I dont consider them budget though
budget ones are ~$60 ones
and I bought such too and they work fine

Using a Biostar H61 and its ASS. Never skimp on mobos guys

>spotted a pajeet
get the fuck out of my board you street shitting imbecile

380>960, and got a big discount

Yes. It was the cheapest mobo with SPDIF, 4 RAM slots and native Intel SATA3 and USB3 (no Asmedia ship). Has survived coffee ingress into the case and still works well.

Z97i-plus
Not really?

Budget for X99. Just werks! Managed to get it with a small discount too so even better value.

Gaming military class

Same here. Went for the X99-A 3.1 due to how the performance was in overclocking while being relatively cheap for a X99 board.

Buying anything other than "budget" X99 boards is ridiculous without being either rich enthusiast or a business with enterprise intentions.

I have heard that many X99 boards are slow to boot.

Might as well mention that it isn't the MSI X99-A I bought, it was the Asus X99-A 3.1.

Mine is, but I haven't updated the UEFI yet because I'm a lazy cunt. But yes, it takes about 10 seconds before the Asus logo appears on screen.

Leave PC on 24/7 most of the time except for updates so idrc.

No because I overclock and I've destroyed two motherboards because of it so far.

Sorta, but it's quite odd.

>had a gigabyte z77 ud5h'
>upgraded to a gigabyte z170x ud3
>put it in the same case as previous
>the holes on the mobo tray on teh far side where sata ports/memory/etc is don't reach the holes to bolt the motherboard down to
>motherboard is secured via two holes at bottom, one at mid left, two at top

I do.

I've got a Z87-PRO, so not really. It isn't exactly top-end ultragamer shit either, I just wanted a decent board for OC, with decent VRM cooling/CPU power delivery and support for SLI and CF. It does what I want just fine, the only issue was shitty fan control (which is more of a general issue with mobos in general), so I built my own.

Proud owner of this.

When i bought it i selected the socked and i have not had any trouble with it ever since.

I use the cheapest skylake board that had ddr4. It was on promotion asrock B150m something.

B chipset is never the cheapest

Maybe? I have an ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer
It's one of the cheapest X99 boards, but even so it is priced at above 200 dollars, so I'm not sure if that can be considered "budget".

went cheap on a motherboard in one of my first builds. a mATX in an ATX-case
it was an asrock b85m pro3 IIRC

I'm using this.

$80 - $120 is my price for mobos.

Got one of these for $40 (refurbished). Couple slots for RAM, a single GPU, and still has 6 SATA ports. Can't think of anything else I'd want desu.

My first pc (p4 prebuild) came with some no name chinese mobo, only accepted agp grahics and shit like that
basicly it had these pins, like 10 or 15 of them (probably one for each audio channel), that connected to the audio sockets(similar to pic related), once I wanted to clean the mobo so disconnected everything but didnt make a note where each pin connected.

fucked up my audio output when connected them wro g

I guess so, since I went with the version of this mobo without onboard video to save $6.

mobos dont have onboard video
processors have
for some 6 years now

also its the stupid thign to go for P cpu, which has disabled gpu
if your gpu dies, you can still use your PC for basic tasks, like shoping online for new one.. instead of hunting some used one for few weeks

When I say it's without onboard video I mean that it doesn't support it, as there are zero video output ports on the back.

>if your gpu dies, you can still use your PC for basic tasks, like shoping online for new one.. instead of hunting some used one for few weeks

That's what my phone and laptop are for. And if my GPU does die and I want to use my desktop I have a couple old ones that work fine.

/budget/

I'm still rocking an Asus M4N68T-M, it was cheap when I bought it, now it's ancient.

Yup.

Do you really need the start and reset buttons on your board?

yes. literally doesn't matter what board you get in today's market. get the cheapest one with the features you need.

Useful yet better on the IO

I have an MSI 970 gaming, cheapest one at Fry's that would support my hardware and got decent reviews online

z97m anniversity here with a i5 4670k running 4ghz here :3

will probably last me for years to come, and then i'll probably just get a used 4790k and oc it. thermalglued sinks on the vrm for maximum longevity.

My MSI Z97 PC-Mate motherboard uses military grade components, and it's ~$90 on Newegg.

Why do all the new motherboards have that line thing running from the audio port? Is that actually doing something?

My nigga

Its isolated audio basically gives you the same quality as having an add in card in terms of reducing hissing/popping or electrical interface from the rest of the power circuitry on the board. If you've ever had a board that you can hear the mouse moving though the headphones, it reduces that to nothing.

Oh awesome to hear.

Yes. After my A8N-SLI Deluxe I only used budget boards from ASRock and Gigabyte. NEVER had a problem.

yes

I wish

My motherboard has this. Top quality from the rear panel but the sound from the front panel I/O is garbage. The NZXT Meme-440 case may be a part of it.

S/PDIF to external DAC all the way m8s

no but I guess 5 years warranty is ok

why bother with a dac when you already have a good source from the mobo? Unless you mean an amp

yup

Seriously, those POST code readouts are super fucking useful when troubleshooting. Great feature.

My man. Got it for 113 eurobucks because they were clearing stock to make room for Z97 and the upcoming Z170 boards.

H81M-P33 + i5 4690K @4.4 GHz.
Upgraded from G3258 since it was getting unbearable.

That + a GTX 950, 8GB DDR3 1600 HyperX Fury, + a kingston SSD make quite a comfy PC and really cheap for the ammount i'm getting out of it.

the front panel audio should be on the same isolated area
you probably just fucked up your connector.

Definitely paid the "server grade" tax for this monstrosity right here, still can't go wrong with Supermicro though.

Fully loaded with built-in audio, base overclocking, SLI and thunderbolt support.

Budget motherboards I used(died):
Biostar H61MGV 6 months
Gateway SX2500 motherboard(Foxxconn) 3.5 years after a HIPRO PSU blew the mobo. The RAM and CPU was safe though.
Acer aspire SA90 motherboard 3 years

Budget motherboards that are still working:
Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2 W7 32bit
Gigabyte GA-MS69GM-S2H XP 32bit
Both have serious issues of bluescreen/memory management issue with Windows 10, Windows 7/XP are fine.

Asus P8B75M-LE w/ i3 2120 W8.1
Asus C60M1-I W10

I have some higher tier MSI and Asus ROG motherboards too and they are generally fine, running W7.

No. All three motherboards I've bought (that didn't come in a pre-built machine) have been mid-range. A Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P that was in daily use from 2009-2014, which still works fine today and handled a 1090T that I bought for funsies earlier this year like a champ. An MSI Z97 Gaming 5 that I used from 2014 until April this year. And my current board, an Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha that's just grand.

It was 20$ new

but i use this for my main build

it werks, i wish i could do crossfire in a 4 slot case though, that would be cash

>over 400 dollarydoos for a motherboard

intel xeon boards, especially ones with dual sockets tend to be quite expensive.

usually support up to 1TB of ECC registered memory, integrated raid functionality, and 10Gbe ethernet.

Sure, why not? The only bad thing is that in the end, I didn't buy a mSATA drive.

yeah i know

i'm just baffled why someone would buy something like that for personal use

>tfw mobo doesn't even have pci express 3.0

I'm confused, which video card company is Indian?

your front panel audio must be sharing the same ground as the USB headers attached to the same breakout. its a common cost cutting practice, how does your 1 penny saved front audio sound now?

unplug the front panel USB and see if that fixes your issue with it sounding like complete ass.

I mean when your building a workstation, the motherboard is the least of your wallets concerns.

>An MSI Z97 Gaming 5
my nigga, brought it when the price when down on haswell when skylake was released in december of 2015 with a 4790k. Planing of running this through 2020.

Is your name supposed to be "Jordan"? Because that's more accurately transcribed as ジョルサン.

They make my life so much fucking easier.

no GPU is going to bottleneck PCIe 2.0 x8/16 anyway

unless you're looking at a Xeon Phi, which you aren't because you're poor, literally doesn't matter

It was $90

even 1080ti?

>he doesnt have a tactical motherboard

Mine is super slow. Takes like 15 seconds. But I don't use UEFI, with UEFI it's probably less than a second. Same as non-X99 boards.

Im using legacy and a mech drive on a z170 board, takes like 17 seconds to get to the os. The logo screen doesn't even show up until 9 seconds.

Ill be trying uefi with an ssd here soon.

Yeah, I've got one that looks just like that (might actually be it, not sure). I've got an i7 6700k and DDR3 though. Works gr8 tho, never had a problem with it other than the fact that the bios is slow as ass.

assuming you're dumping all of your budget into it with no additional pcie cards?

No, a GTX1080 can't saturate PCIe 2.0 x16. Neither can a Titan XP, which the 1080 Ti will prob be a cut down verison of.

A concern will come up with PCIe 2.0 x8, but I don't know the bandwidth requirements of a Titan XP off the top of my head.

techpowerup.com/reviews/
Search PCI-E. They've got a lot of PCIe scaling benchmarks.

>ASROCK

It is only my own anecdote but:
My gaming computer running an i7 2600k has been running overclocked strong for almost 5 years now at 4.8ghz and also an i5 750 server with ASROCK boards. Never before has a MB lasted me half as long. I've lost gigabytes, MSIs, and ASUS boards in the last 20 years randomly and sometimes not even OCd, but never an ASROCK.

Just curious, why do you need a usb-c port on your mobo?

all asus Z97 mobos have a recurring problem: the fucking 3.1/3.0 USB ports in the rear are glitchy as fuck, sometimes it doesn't get detected even if you ensure the required PCI lanes are enabled

>asrock
youtu.be/tz-Ye9Fbx_Q

Really makes you think

yep, h97i plus. works fine if you don't OC

Z170

it certainly wasn't a budget class motherboard, even when I got 50% off retail price

Z97-A

Bought this a few years ago. I'm quite happy with it.

Not only do I use a Budget MB - it even is a Budget m-ATX board even though I have a regular mid case.

I use an e3-1231v3 for personal use, sitting happily on a Z97-AR. Works just like an i7 without things like instability and a useless iGPU.

>2016
>using front for audio I/O and not a receiver or amp

sgetti normie detected

Is 120 budget?

Has a speaker and post code thing and dual bios