thanks docx

Looks like you might need a bigger dose

I'm here like always

I just can't be arsed to make the thread

what Sup Forums extensions are those?

just regular Sup Forums x

didn't you used to have os x installed

I used to, yes.

Until I booted up one morning and found that OS X had decided that my main monitor is now a TV, which lead to fucked up font rendering and colors, with no way to fix it other than running some script, disabling SIP and booting from the recovery partition.

So I ditched that piece of shit and installed BotnetOS. Can't say I regret it.

i think it only does that if you use hdmi

you can adjust the color profiles though and i haven't noticed anything wrong with font rendering

my keyboard desu

nice pubic hairs in the keycaps
I see you were getting a bit frisky if you know what I mean.

(。>﹏

Yeah, color profiles didn't fix it unfortunately, and I wasn't going to get a new main monitor either.

Though I can't say I regret it. OS X was comfy, but I can't really complain about BotnetOS, not to mention that I'll be using it anyway for the field I'll be working in, not to mention the hardware compatibility and all the software available. The only thing I miss is how virtual desktops work on OS X.

Nice keyboard. Those are Tai-Hao, right?

yes

gotta pick up something to clean the caps soon

If they are PBT just used an alcohol bath

I'll give that a try, thanks. If that doesn't work I'll use some denture cleaning solution

keychatter.com/2014/08/01/how-to-clean-keycaps/

I've been looking to move to a mechanical keyboard. What's an affordable one that you all would recommend?

Thank you, Doctor...

There's decent to good one's in just about any price range. What's your budget?

if you want a quality keyboard buy an old alps keyboard on ebay most are 40-80 dollars

Definitely under 100. I've looked on Amazon a bit, and the Cooler Master Storm one looks pretty good for the price. I just wanted to hear your opinions.

CM quickfire Rapid, or XT if you want full-size. Ducky One should also still be just about in your price range.

CM keyboards are quite nice for the money imo

I'd suggest a MagicForce which is a 65%, they're like £30 from Amazon, or some /csg/ 60% one, I spotted one with bluetooth and blues for £40-45.

Magic force 68 with the gateron switches

Thanks anons.

These look pretty nice. Is Qisan the brand or MagicForce?

Got a new keyboard :)

I hope this is bait

Whats wrong
Feels great

>those wires
disgusting

I hope you didn't overpay for it. If you got it for under 70 bucks then you did good

chink knockoff switches at the price of cherries and a non-standard bottom row.

Poorfag here. I ordered pic related for 35$.
Ajazz AK33 White with black switches
Could I do better for that price range?

Sup, /mkg/.
I've been away for a few months and right now I'm re-planning my first build (it'll be a generic 60%, no PCB).
Have a few questions:

1) Are Gaterons still good? (or at least good enough for the price, which for me is 20$ for 65 switches)

2) Should I choose Costar or Cherry stabilizers?

the only better choice that I could think of is the Tomoko, but it only comes with clicky blue switches

>Could I do better for that price range?
Nope.
The Ajizz layout is shit, but that's not that big of a deal-breaker, considering everything else.

1) Gateron linear and tactile switches are superior to cherry, but not their clicky switches

2) Cherry stabilizers

I've been lurking in these threads for a while now, and I feel like I should at least tell you the story of how I fucked up.
>be me about a year ago
>be 18
>just learn about mech keyboards
>buy an azio MGK1RGB
>learn about pok3r and compact keyboards a month later
fuck me, this keeb was $125 and I don't wanna stow it away somewhere because it's pretty good quality
I just want pretty keycaps on a compact 10 keyless

Thanks, I'll go for black or yellow then.

I just bought the KBParadise V80 with Matias Quiet Clicks as my first mechanical keyboard. Mechanical Keyboards had a 15% off coupon so it only came out to 101 burger credits. How'd I do?

why not sell it?

Any asshole here buy from geekkeys before? The thick cherry profile PBT dyesubs are tempting.

Where are all the other keys ?

>needing other keys

Sure, it's not like one needs arrows or anything.

What does the mistery blank key do anyway ?

What is function layer mapping

what keycap are those? I have leopold pbt on my novatouch but looking for some new ones, I like that color scheme.

Tada68 keycaps.

those are the default key caps on the TADA 68. That color scheme is just the classic one you find on many keyboards like those old dells, IBMs, and even on some Ducky boards

what's the cheapest board that comes with gateron clears? preferably 60% or TKL

If you don't mind pre-ordering
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1447
I think you can get cheaper ones on massdrop, but those don't happen every day.

I got a dad keyboard like 5 years ago without doing much research. I haven't used it for years but is it a solid keyboard?

I like how these ones don't have the num pad.

>function layer mapping
But does that key produce a scan code ?
Is it an hardware modifier key that needs to be bound to a specific driver to work ?
How many keys can I press simultaneously with that key ?

Where the fuck are the fucking arrows.

That's why you get a 68 key or ortholinear 60%, duh

m8 the keyboard is fully programmable if you want the whole thing to be arrows then be my guest. You can then use function mapping to switch between layers that have specific keys or utilize macros, all while keeping a small form factor. For example I can program the arrows on layer two over the WASD or IJKL keys and on layer three if have shitposting macros on every key

>I know nothing about how keyboards work
Good to know

:^)

I tried, and currently am, it's hard to find people who would wanna buy a second-hand keeb

>it's hard to find people who would wanna buy a second-hand keeb
Seconded. Good luck user.

At least I found a use case for my Shine 4 again.

Recommend me the best (in your opinion) split or otherwise very ergonomic mech keyboard
I'm okay with kits

Ergo dox

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a mechanical keyboard.
Any good full-sized ones under 45 usd?
Thanks in advance.

Monoprice sells some that low, but they really are cheap. A better option would be to buy an old dell AT101w for 40 bucks one ebay.

My >Das got a wobbly spacebar and would double register, so I got this Filco to replace it.

>buys a mechanical keyboard
>doesn't bother to fix it when it breaks
lol might as well have gotten a MBP

I hated it anyway, glossy finish and numpad were very annoying. Had just no reason to replace it.

How much did you pay for the Filco with front printed caps?

Yours looks exactly like mine, but on a Ganss with Ducky PBT, and I got it all for like $90

What should I look for in a model m? What price should I be expecting?

oh dude i'm sorry if i gave the impression that i wanted to hear further rationalizations

After currency conversion about $130 USD.

You're giving a 'tism impression.

Das keyboard*

My Das has Cherry stabs on the spacebar and costar on the other stabilised keys, I can safely say costar is infinitely better. They feel much more tactile and solid.

Please suggest

>Budget
120$
>Location (continent at least)
Europe
>Preferred switch type
Brown
>Layout
ISO
>Form factor
Full or TKL
>Backlight
May be or not, doesn't matter much
>Previous/current keyboards
Logitech K120

What about
crowdsupply.com/ugl/ultimate-hacking-keyboard
The ergodox is pretty gorramn expenive for what it offers

i'm a poorfag too ,
Tomoko or ajizz ?
Do they will stay alive longer than 6 months ?

Das keyboards are good, but with each newer model the build quality decreases while the price stays the same

All ergonomic keyboards are expensive for what they offer. But if you want something cheap you can buy those old Alps split keyboards for 100 bucks

you can get an ergodox right now for $200
massdrop.com/buy/infinity-ergodox

anyone ever use gateron clears?

I currently use cherry reds but looking to move towards a keyboard with 35g activation force instead of 45g.

Are gaterons good or just chinese shit? Also is 35g a meme or better than 45g? I want keys that are easy as fuck to press and am comfortable right now with the reds at 45g but if I can get something that's a little easier to type on then I'll go for it. And no I'm not getting your filthy tactile or clicky shit switches.

Gateron is probably the best Cherry clone brand.

Is the ducky 5 good?

Shine 5 is one of the best RGB keyboards, but if you have the money and patience then maybe go for the shine 6

but are they as durable as cherry? I don't want to buy a keyboard with gaterons to only have a switch break after a few months of typing

Haven't really read/heard any horror stories about them, and they're the OEM for the Zealio switches so they must be doing something right.

Gaterons have better construction then cherry switches, but their quality control isn't as good as cherry

I'm pretty fucked with my special snowflake key layout (azerty-be). The closest I can find that isn't too expensive is the Cooler master masterkeys Pro S. Is it any good or trash?
I can get it for 140€, don't really want the leds.
Any other options?

>Budget
160€
>Preferred switch type
any
>Layout
ISO
>Form factor
TKL

If you want AZERTY layout then check out:
ldlc.com/
I'd recommend Ducky

That looks like cheap shit compared to the real deal

If only that wasn't so fucking expensive I'd own it

Already checked there, they have no tenkeyless models, amazon doesn't seem to have any either in azerty.

first time posting. What do you think of mine? It's a CM Storm Rapid fire I. I don't have enough more to do much more with it for now but I like it.

Doesn't reliably hitting that tiny ass left shift get really old?

amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-104-key-Customizable/dp/B01IRASQA0/

Anyone have any opinion on these?