How fuck do you organize your images?

How fuck do you organize your images?

After 10 years of saving crap from this site I need almost 5m to load thumbs every time I want to post anything

Just delete all of it. None of it matters

I don't have a *chan folder

but I have saved a lot of other media in the last decade

I suggest you start over, and stay organized with folders from the start

>female versions of neckbeards obsessed with cartoon personalities

Jesus Christ, how horrifying.

But I have a lot of stuff that can't be found anymore on the internet

Do you want to kill internet?

nothing has value

Not even foxgirls?

upload it all to mega and have someone crazy sort it all

I'm genuinely curious what you look like in real life

Why on earth would anyone think having images grouped by website would be a good way to organize things?

I'll do it

65kg, 90cm long black hair, pale as fuck, 29 looking like 19, dead inside

These guys are right, just let it go. But it's okay to keep your actual cool shit, just be realistic about what you may and may not use in the future. I was sick to death of seeing all the same shit images for 10 years and did a purge. Made me feel like a new man.

>Make a new folder called "images actually worth keeping" or something similar
>Go through all your pictures and drag over the good ones
>Make folders and organize them as you go
>Delete everything that didn't go in there
>Copy the contents back into your main pictures folder
>Clear your OS's version of recycle bin before you have second thoughts

Enjoy your trip down memory lane btw.

Hope it gets better

>Clear your OS's version of recycle bin before you have second thoughts

I have 3 different backups, a weekly one, a monthly one and a yearly one, its hard to lose stuff

Burn it all.

Hydrus is pretty good friend. Written by an kind fellow user with a love of hentai stills.

I already did that with a lot of other stuff

Maybe just hoard it away from the actual stuff or something

>/pics/animename/
>animename_1.jpg
>animename_2.jpg
>animename_3.png
>animename_4.gif

using 4chanX to randomize filename when I post

Deleting everything could be the best curse of action, I don't have enough life/free time to organize 37k pictures

That's another decent choice that nobody has really mentioned yet. Just stuff it all in one folder and call it No Man's Land or something.

I was doing that for a while, but the problem I ran into was doing it every few years without ever organizing things before throwing it overboard. It became a multilayered nightmare containing thousands of images in hundreds of folders organized in a structure that made no sense.

Do it if you already have your pictures sorted sensibly or are planning on doing it before hoarding. When it becomes too much of a mess to navigate you might as well delete it all.

>I was doing that for a while, but the problem I ran into was doing it every few years without ever organizing things before throwing it overboard. It became a multilayered nightmare containing thousands of images in hundreds of folders organized in a structure that made no sense.

How do you fixed it?

Nothing for a long time. It just sat there as a wad and occasionally I would go in and try to find something among all the shit. Eventually I went on one last dive to copy folders like "DCIM" and images with "IMG_" or "VID_" in the filename to backup all my personal stuff. Then I wiped everything else.

I'm only recommending the hoard plan for people that are complete packrats like I was and still am. A strict selective backup followed by a large scale purge is still the best thing to do. If you really want to keep it all then it might be good to get a script that will group everything into folders based on year.

Another option is tagging all your images so you can do a search for the one you want instead of navigating a maze of folders. It would take a while but you would get to keep your babby edits.

>How fuck do you organize your images?
Go get rmlint-shredder, that's really all you need to start. Plus determination.
>After 10 years of saving crap from this site I need almost 5m to load thumbs every time I want to post anything
Then stop letting your file browser show thumbnails for the heavy folders, dip-ass. Get used to using a preview pane. ...Also, you should be able to drag-and-drop a file when uploading.
...sigh. It's fun to give advice for this. Mostly because I used to have to deal with this problem everyday, but now only encounter it a of couple times per week. It never really ends. The only good scenario is that you yourself become organized and _well-sorted_ enough that the part of your brain responsible for running multiple subsystems of category schemes, and backup locations, eventually outpaces the part of your brain that desires to download useful things. It never really ends, but it does get better.
Of course, you cloud forego any soft data sorting - eventually just dumping everything into a backup as-is, then detach that from the computer for safekeeping. Probably put a label on it; a period of dates. Print out the tree of all filenames on the device to keep aside as a "menu" of what's there. Wait sorry, I had meant to say ls -R -a /your/backup And then, y'know... work on the eidetic memory, if you have shitty filenames.

>After 10 years of saving crap from this site I need almost 5m to load thumbs every time I want to post anything
jesus what kind of dog shit operating system do you use?

Hydrus Network.
I can't believe there are people who still think folders are a good idea for anything serious.

chess ranking, just chose the most relevant image with a high elo

are you me?

Same thing with me, just with many different file formats.

One day I want to go though and have a sort out and only save the things I care about, but I'm nervous that I'll end up with far too little for how much importance I placed on it.

The idea that I'll somehow fit all the important things that went from floppy disc to CD to DVD to Hard Drive to bigger Hard Drive to even bigger Hard Drive, on to a single USB stick...

What would it have all been for?

>have 6TB
>delete everything that's worthless
>200MB

Now what am I going to do with all these hard drives.

stop using windows. Seriously, it can't into thumbnail caching.

Popped into this thread because I was actually looking for a legitimate "photo album" type software for this and haven't found something that doesn't look like it was made by a pre-schooler for grandma.

I have a lot of photos I've taken and dumped to my computer I want to keep. Travel photos, friends and family, sights and monuments, and more. I used to use Picasa back when it was still available and regularly kept up. And literally the Photos program on OSX is the only thing I've found with a decent enough "ability" for storing and sorting a shit-ton of photos, letting me add and sorta by meta-data, and similar.

Does anybody offer software like this on Windows anymore? I'd much rather use a solution like that to find photos I have from the dozen times I've visited family overseas if I'm looking for photos of my grandma, than trying to copy a few dozen photos from 30 different folders in folders in folders in folders in folders.

Well, if you want to feel some life inside you, just confirm you look nice in dress.

New files get saved in an 'unsorted' folder. I then create symlinks for each image in 'tag' folders. If an image fulfills multiple tags then a symlink to the same image will be made for each tag folder. Once finished, the original images are moved into a large 'sorted' folder.

Get rid of it. It's not worth it and it never ends. We joke around and act like it's not a big deal as a defence mechanism. Putting this much value on something so meaningless is a bad sign.

I had thousands of files from here. I started to organize them, but it was difficult. I realized that it never ends and that it's pointless to keep it around. Deleting it was such a great feeling.

I have a lot of advice on organization, however. For personal images it's a bit easier than dank memes. When you take a picture and it's not good delete it instantly. It's much easier to delete it in the moment than to delete it years later when there's no copy.

Eventually you'll have thousands of images. The way I organize them is like this.

Hard Drive > Pictures > YEAR > EVENT or PERSON > year-month-day 001.jpg

Still looking to improve my efficiency. Might look into tags. You could organize it by person instead of year and then person for each year for less bulk, but you'll need the year anyways for events especially ones that repeat. Plus, having so many images in one folder will cause issues with searching and lag depending on the computer.

Here's an example. Hard Drive > Pictures > 2009 > Super Homosexual Orgy > 2009-12-25 045.jpg

This is great too because you can search the pictures folder by typing in the year and you'll get all .jpg files with that year. However, tags might be more efficient.

This.

Why don't you use that?:

Series -> Character -> images (basically just number them)

I made a program so that I can tag images. If I want to search for something I just use that program.

>37k pictures
Is that it?

I wiped my image folder.

If there's any other time I need an image to accompany a post, I'll either grab something off the internet, or if it needs to be something personal, I'll take a photo or mock something up in Photoshop.

If you have a folder on your PC dedicated to reaction pics, delete it for your own sake.