Calculator thread

RPN master race!
If your calculator has an Equals key, it's a piece of shit.

k

Hp50g master race here. Greatest calculator ever made.

I found an hp 20s at a swapmeet in good condition.

Then I take it home and find out it's not RPN.
Even though I only paid $5, i still feel ripped off.

28s, 42s, 17bii here

RPN is fucking retarded and completely deprecated.

Says the retard that never got the hang of it in the first place.

How do you do math, user?
5 +
--------
in RPN...
10 5 +
= 15

leave

Hear

>Retarded Plebbish Notation
No thanks.

I use both.

pleb

Did I win?

where do i get an hp 50g

for 5 dollars?

>click thumbnail
>no buldge

Amazon, get one now the price keeps going up. A few months ago one could be had for $50 and now they're up to $67.

They're discontinued, but they're still in stock.
Better buy one quick before they all go to scalpers for $200 each.

Got a new TI-30XS for $4 on clearance. But all you really need is a $1 scientific calculator from a dollar market.

Why is there no scientific RPN for under $60

Proud HP48Gx owner here.
One of the best pieces of hardware I've ever owned

because it's based on secret alien technology

It's an antiquated calculator paradigm that comes from a time when parsing alegbraic input was so resource intensive that the circuit logic required would take up an entire desk's worth of vacuum tubes.

Now there's no reason to do math this way unless you're a crusty 70 year old retired engineer.

i use a HP 50g and RPN is shit. the "equation editor" is so much better and if you make an input error you can just change that one error instead of scrolling back through a million lines or starting again. RPN is for tryhards.

I'll trade someone my non-RPN hp 20s for an RPN version.

Grainy as hell but these are my two babies.

Ti nspire cx cas 2016 master race symbolic machine here

It's not for tryhards, you clueless dumbshit. RPN is not a choice when it comes to using programs. Now of course, you would only know that if you actually had to do some serious work with it.

This. I just bought one and boy is it fucking useful.

Got any modules for yours?
I have another in the closet somewhere with memory, card reader, I think an IR adapter, and printer. But there's serious battery corrosion I don't know if it all even works.

I don't hear anything.

I have the HP Advantage module that my dad used in college.

>they're $200+ here already
Fuck Europe.

just buy a 35s, they're still in production

its not. It's pretty intuitive once you get the hang of it. Only thing I don't like is the lack of a histogram on RPN. Can't really go back and check where you made a mistake.

Really like my 50g. Want to pick up a 35s since it takes up less space tho tbqh

What's the last HP calc that had double-shot injected keys and not those cheapo rubber keys that are hard as fuck to press?

i read that the keys on the new casio fx 115 are all jiggly. is that your experience?

My trusty ti83+

Agree completely OP

Please everyone join my group on FB! Just search "HP CALCULATOR FAN CLUB" and join. We have hundreds of members and are growing rapidly!

i want a calculator with keys that are really great, the best.

which one do i buy?