That people only need up to 16GB of ram on their """"PRO"""" laptops

That people only need up to 16GB of ram on their """"PRO"""" laptops

>theverge.com/2016/10/28/13460496/apple-macbook-pro-16gb-ram-battery-life-phil-schiller

This changes everything! I wonder what apple will decide """"PRO"""" users will need next!

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.intel.com/products/88192/Intel-Core-i7-6600U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_40-GHz
ark.intel.com/products/91163/Intel-Core-i7-6560U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_20-GHz
ark.intel.com/products/91164/Intel-Core-i5-6287U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz
ark.intel.com/products/88193/Intel-Core-i5-6200U-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-2_80-GHz
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/6th-gen-core-family-mobile-h-processor-lines-datasheet-vol-1.pdf
anandtech.com/show/10564/nvidias-geforce-gtx-10series-for-notebooks-unveiled-launching-today
twitter.com/RyanSmithAT/status/791748922381185024
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most software development editors actually make use of F buttons to debug and step through code, how will they replace that with the oled screen

>how will they replace that with the oled screen
MAGIC!

>i require a server class laptop

pic related, it's you

More than 16GB of RAM on a laptop is bullshit.
If you are going to use more than 16GB you will be using a Desktop anyways.

Not unless you're a hip photographer/video editor.

>If you are going to use more than 16GB
Because apple has decided that that a laptop supposedly meant for """PROS""" cannot have more than 16GB of ram

They can't have 32GB LPDDR3, because it doesn't exist. Apple only uses Low Power DDR3, for obvious reasons.

What are the obvious reasons? Not aware so I am curious.

hey pajeet, you probably meant "unless". glad i could help on this english second language forum for pajeets trying to assimilate

>" of RAM is all everybody will ever need"
Where did I hear that one before?

>What are the obvious reasons that Apple's Laptops don't use Low Power RAM

Are you fucking serious?

What are they supposed to do when none of Intel's available mobile-CPUs support more than 16GiB of LPDDR*?

Just press the Fn key. They're all still there.

Apple will likely keep the option to have the function keys as the default on the Touch Bar, as they do now for current keyboards.

Pros also don't need

* a charger cable that wont break if accidentally yanked on
* to use SD cards
* to use projectors or other monitors
* to use mice or other USB-A peripherals
* to connect the phone they bought from the same damn company to their computer

Do you also complain about missing PS/2 ports and PCMCIA slots on modern laptops?

Do they at least need to connect more than one USB device which might be the power cord now?

Yeah because PS/2 is just as ubiquitous as USB-A right?

>* a charger cable that wont break if accidentally yanked on

No other laptop has had this since Apple's in 2006, now they drop it you can finally use it against them. Have you no shame or are you just retarded?

what do you need more than 16GB of ram for?

No because no one uses that anymore and you know it. Lots of people still use SD cards. The number of people using USB-A is probably larger than all those other ports combined.

Tl;dr: not an argument

Thats what he just said though fucking retard.

It used to be, like USB-A will 'used to be' in the future. The future won't come if we don't actually start using it you stupid fuck. Not as if all existing ports and connectors will transform in the night.

>Lots of people still use SD cards.
perhaps a large number, but a small proportion. i have a DSLR that uses SD cards and my workflow doesn't even involve the SD card reader on my laptop that often.

and if you think you need a tl;dr for a 3-sentence post then i'm worried what you think is genuinely tl;dr

he said "not unless". "not" is a negation.

WELCOME TO AMERICA. WE SPEAK ENGLISH ON THIS BOARD, RAJESH. PLEASE TRY TO KEEP UP.

out of curiosity, how much battery can a couple of ram modules (i'm assuming these are lpddr4) consume in 1 hour? 2 watts?

It's a retarded decision. The fact that they used to do it right then suddenly decided not to do it right any more just makes them even more fucking stupid.

>Not as if all existing ports and connectors will transform in the night.

Which is exactly why you shouldn't change every connector overnight.

>(i'm assuming these are lpddr4)

This seems to be a common theme on this board. Why don't you actually find out instead of assuming and filling in the gaps then just going along with your imagination? Its fucking DDR3.

because i'd rather you put your fat sweaty fingers to use and correct me, friendo

It's LPDDR3.

>my anedoctal use case determines what everyone should do!
Enjoy having less features in exchange for nothing, it must be great.

Apple is ripping the Band-Aid off quickly rather than timidly peeling it away. That's Apple's MO, it's how it pushes the industry forward. Otherwise, you have a clusterfuck of legacy technologies endlessly competing with these newer standards, as in the Windows world.

Stop using ULV chips in their 15 inch """"PRO"""" laptops?

How is that good?

>as in the Windows world.
Oh you mean having options?

NONE of the __currently__ available mobile chips support more than 16GiB of LPDDR3.

NOT A SINGLE ONE.

Not even the Kaby Lakes.

There are plenty of big, heavy, noisy, neon-trim Razer desktop replacement laptops out there for you to buy.

in what fucking universe does this journalist live in?
not having 32gb ram is literally the lowest fucking priority

If this is true, why haven't they released a USB-C -> lightning cable so you can charge your iPhone without an adapter from a macbook, and why doesn't the iPhone use USB-C so iPhone headphones can be used with macbooks? It's a complete clusterfuck now between lightning and USB-C.

>I've never heard the phrase "Not unless"
Congratulations on outing yourself as a genuine retard.

they are offering a usb-c to lightning cable.

25 bucks, please.

You have options. If you're angry that Apple doesn't support your 20-year-old accessories, no one is holding a gun to your head to buy a MacBook. Just don't buy one.

Virtual Machines

Because Apple hasn't finished transitioning the whole Mac lineup to USB-C yet. The next iPhone will come with a Lightning to USB-C cable.

And where do I plug my lightning earpods in?

Your boipucci.

>why doesn't the iPhone use USB-C so iPhone headphones can be used with macbooks?

USB-C is bulkier than Lightning so that's not happening.

Also the Lightning EarPods are a stopgap. I'd bet that in a year or two the AirPods will come with new iPhones instead.

you obv never used a Mac.
Macs don't have F buttons by default, but use those keys for system functions like volume.

>NONE of the __currently__ available mobile chips support more than 16GiB of LPDDR3.

>ark.intel.com/products/88192/Intel-Core-i7-6600U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_40-GHz

Ouch

>ark.intel.com/products/91163/Intel-Core-i7-6560U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_20-GHz

Ohhhhh

>ark.intel.com/products/91164/Intel-Core-i5-6287U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz

It hurts!

>ark.intel.com/products/88193/Intel-Core-i5-6200U-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-2_80-GHz

Ze g00gles, they do nothing!

It seems ALL skylake mobile chips support 32+

More than 16GiB of ____LPDDR3____.
Can YOU read?
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/6th-gen-core-family-mobile-h-processor-lines-datasheet-vol-1.pdf
page 21

The support more than 16GiB of DDR4, yes.

To make the laptop thinner so it would appeal to morons they reduced battery capacity even further, so they try to avoid shortening time between charges by using only underclocked low power components.

>(dependent on memory type)
learn to read, retard

How do you transfer the pictures to your laptop then? I bet you use a USB cable oh wait you don't since no one needs regular USB ports in their laptops.

16GB ram meme... in a laptop?

>Phil Schiller

>Schiller

Like poetry.

>intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/6th-gen-core-family-mobile-h-processor-lines-datasheet-vol-1.pdf
Maybe they shouldnt have went with DDR3 then

The new MBP's 4 USB-C ports mean you can charge it from a power bank. When you're setting up your machine in a different location there's no more need to have a cable stretching to the nearest outlet. So MagSafe is pointless. It also has problems, it wasn't perfect. They managed to fuck the revision somehow, first one was great. Apple embreaces the future heavily, dropping their own beloved port for a universal standard which is superior is the right thing to do. How the fuck can you argue against that? I swear, this board, no matter what Apple do it'll never be the correct thing. The worst thing is that barely any of you are even tech literate. You're a bunch of fucking posers who can only manage to rice Linux to look 1337.

>Which is exactly why you shouldn't change every connector overnight.

No, its exactly why you SHOULD. To make the transition faster.

>learn to read, retard
I can, thanks.

I missed out the LP, I made other posts ITT where I pointed out its Low Power.

So why didn't they drop the retarded lightning port on iphones in favor of USB-C?

Dill Chiller, Tim "the Tool Bar" Cook, and Poison Ive all should be fired for wrecking the rMBP

>Maybe they shouldnt have went with DDR3 then
they've been using lpddr3 in rayteena-MBPs for four years now.
plus cutting 25% of the battery-capacity doesn't really allow them to waste power.

>they've been using lpddr3 in rayteena-MBPs for four years now.
>plus cutting 25% of the battery-capacity doesn't really allow them to waste power.
Then maybe they should stop making retarded design decisions

want cheese with the whine?

>they reduced battery capacity even further
>even further
you do realize the old 15" mbp used FCC's max. allowed battery capacity?

Legitimate question here: why does Apple, as a premium brand, not use Nvidia GPUs, which usually have better performance than their AMD equivalents?

You just got told for talking dumb shit and you still have the gall to post? Are you a fucking teenager or something?

let's assume the old mbp's chassis.
show me where you can put gigantic ddr4 instead of lpddr3?

Nvidia doesn't offer any 35W TDP gfx that's small enough and beats AMD's

>no >16 GiB of ram meme yet

Uninstalled, this board is full of retarded normies

OpenCL

So they can have control over accessory licensing you dumb cunt. Isn't that obvious? When I shop for accessories for a phone I'd like to know that they're approved by Apple and won't fuck up in any way. I don't need to read many reviews and see if its defective chink shit or not. I don't need to wade through 1000 chinese knock offs of the thing I'm actually looking for.

For a computer its different, you plug things into a computer for work, you don't do this on an iPhone to the extent of a laptop. So a universal port is needed.

There you go you retarded babby, you learned something new today!

1. nvidia mobile pascal gfx aren't ready for such TDP
anandtech.com/show/10564/nvidias-geforce-gtx-10series-for-notebooks-unveiled-launching-today
2. polaris is competitive, a not yet available mobile gtx-1050 wouldn't necessarily be better
twitter.com/RyanSmithAT/status/791748922381185024

Don't forget:
No USB
No Magsafe
No SD card reader
No function keys
No HDMI
No good keyboard (now shallow)
No rest for palms (as the touchpad is too massive now.)
No backlit glowing logo
No good battery life (battery smaller now)
No physical Esc key
No user swappable ram
No iconic startup chime
No full bandwidth thunderbolt 3 on right side of 13"

>I want accessories approved by Apple only
Then buy accessories made by them, what does that have to do with the connector? That is the dumbest reasoning I've read on this so far.

in b4 no headphone jack

>No USB

Wrong.

>be at a friend.
>want to charge phone, use random usb type-c cable.
>phone explodes because she bought chink shit.
who's the retard now?

USB-C is not USB

USB is USB

Holy fucking shit, is it possible to be this dumb and not aware of it? Do you think Apple can make the thousands of iPhone accessories in all their categories? How can you be this fucking stupid? Can Apple make me a Phillips stereo dock, can they make me some Bose noise cancelling headphones working via Lightning? Kill yourself you literally retarded cunt.

>32GB is server class

oh pajeet, please poo in the loo

and you should poo in the loo

USB-C is backward compatible with all previous generations of USB devices. It is USB.

>serve her
>class

>Brings up a hypothetical scenario where someone refuses to use cables not made by Apple
>Proceeds to explain how the person would use a cable not made by Apple
You are seriously the stupidest person I've seen on this board.

HE HIMSELF said he only wanted to buy Apple accessories. That was his prerogative, not mine. I never even questioned it. I merely asked how Apple using USB-C or Lightning has absolutely anything to do with whose accessories to buy.
The fact that you somehow managed to misinterpret this means you're now competing with the previous user for title of stupidest person on Sup Forums

To be more accurate, USB 3.1 (which uses USB-C) is backward compatible.

>Universal Serial Bus type C is not Universal Serial Bus

This is the dumbest fucking technology discussion community I've ever fucking seen.

I NEED 32GB OF RAM

AND I NEED IT NOW