So after like 4 years of using Windows Phone, I've bought a Lagdroid device. It's a shame that WP lost the war...

So after like 4 years of using Windows Phone, I've bought a Lagdroid device. It's a shame that WP lost the war, but I still think it was a great OS.

All these years using the same Lumia and never had a crash, lag or anything. Never had to format it and the battery life was pretty good considered how fucked up the battery is by now. I will always remember WP as a good piece of software. Sadly most retards couldn't see through the lack of an appstore full of bloatware/adware, but I know it was good.

Now that I'm using Android what should I expect? What should I get? I downloaded F-Droid and Clover, ssh, and a few other things but I don't see anything that I was missing with WP.

root your phone, install SystemCleanup and remove bloat you'll never need.

You can then install all kinds of dank apps to increase battery time, tune your kernel etc.

What's the common procedure to root Android nowadays? When I had my Motorola Milestone I had to connect with USB and do some voodoo magic. Is it faster now? I already used the built-in app manager to remove a lot of retarded shit.

Varies for every phone

Sometimes an all-in-one root program does it. Sometimes you have to install the KingRoot chink botnet then use other methods to root then remove kingroot.
Somtimes you have to use a factory provided program to flash your recovery then install root.

Basically still voodoo, certain (usually newer) phones will take longer casting and more snakes sacrificed.

Check new exploits involving Dirty COW that affects literally every android phone save for the absolute latest models.

>hey i know you literally just bought a brand-new mobile device, brand unknown of course, but you should void its warranty and install every .apk you can from random XDA threads so you can janitor your phone's clock speed
seems legit

Model of your old Lumia?

Is that Frankie Cosmos?

Lumia 620

looks more like the girl from 10 cloverfield lane to me

not him nor anyone itt but what does "janitor" mean when used as a verb?

searched it on urbandic, first result was niggers, literally

WP user since WP7 era. My WP recently died and I got an Android handset as replacement. I so fucking hate this piece of garbage. The UI looks like it was created by a bunch of retarded monkeys. It's an unintuitive piece of shit and all tasks are unnecessarily difficult to perform. I'd say wp10 offers more settings out of the box than an android device do.

The plus side with android is that I now have my bank's app, firefox with µblock and a few other company specific app. Honestly I'll switch back to wp if a few of these apps are made available on WP.

not him but i think its "monitor"?

I know that feel user. I stuck with BB until 6 months ago when I got an iBone. The lack of apps makes it hard to use functionally. Still though the phones had the best hardware, I can't stand the look all current smartphones have.

Yeah, sorry. I might've been looking into it too much, so there was no negative connotation. It was probably just an offhand metaphorical use of what a janitor is. Like, to gain the freedom and contorl to do thing

Can you guys stop bumping this thread? I've hidden it like 6 times and it keeps coming back on. Clearly this is the work of the mods or something that even they have no power over. Like, google pajeetness or something.

>lack of apps

You're one of a very small minority with that criticism. What are you missing?

any app that requires google services for a start

If you have a nexus phone, try nexus root toolkit

What an ugly mess. With Google would just man the fuck up and unilaterally ban shitware on Android branded products

mew posters gtfo

Fuck off

I want to see more of those pantyhose.

For research.