What other electronic stuff does Sup Forums collect?

What other electronic stuff does Sup Forums collect?

Pic related. I collect pacemakers.

you are very odd

I honestly enjoy collecting vintage audio stuff, but most of it is expensive and I don't have the room for it. I also have a small collection of old computers, but that has the same problem.

I remember stumbling upon some youtube channel where one of the videos was some guy showing off his pacemaker collection. I don't really understand the appeal of the hobby, but to each his own I guess.

I also collect old unix systems. You are right, not enough room here either. Why pacemakers? They are a perfect collectible and hold its price, and sometimes they can become very hard to find. Other than that they are pretty awesome as to what they can do, the future will be a lot smaller and you can have like 3 of them in there if you wanted to.

I could be collecting colostomy bags, that would be odd. I also like collecting bone saws, and other devices.

i collect bluetooth speakers

I used to collect ZIP disks after the standard died out.

Damn shame they never really caught on, they were far more durable and speedy than 3.5 floppies.

What the fuck?

Where do you get pacemakers?

Please turn yourself over to the police.

why do you seem so upset? i'm more ok with pacemakers then actual weapons

>I could be collecting colostomy bags, that would be odd.

I guess that makes sense if you put it that way, friend.

How do you even get pacemakers?
You would think people need those to live.

>He could be collecting guns but instead he's just collecting army surplus
>He could be collecting organs but instead he's just collecting prosthetic organs he stole from handicapped people
>He could be collecting pictures of women he raped and murdered but instead he's just collecting pictures of women he wish he raped and murdered

It's all relative.

i don't know but i guess if you are interested in the medical field and observe the medical technology progress, it's nice to have something valuable which reminds you of that time maybe

No, but where the fuck would you even buy pacemakers?
I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy a used one because clearly that thing killed someone.

why are people buying and collecting things that look like jesus?

it's because it has some value to them.

i don't know why people would hoard pacemakers but there are people which collect things which don't have any value to you.

maybe the pacemaker he has in his collection is from a famous politician who has shot. or maybe it was just a unit with a very rare defect which caused something which changed history at that time.

the only thing which you don't understand, is just your own measurement of value in every atom of your thoughts

Stop being retarded.
I'm genuinely asking where you would even buy a pacemaker for the purpose of hoarding them.

as i said, i don't know since i don't collect pacemakers myself but i can assure you. people sell it to people

You can find them on ebay when they go up, but they are quickly snatched by collectors. The new ones are not as wanted as the old ones for example.

OP here. These are old models, nobody would use the pacemaker in my original picture in an actual patient, the batters are probably shot, where are you going to find the tools to even get it started? It's a demo at this point, and from the 1980s, just a sample of that model of pacemaker.

Where can you get pacemakers? Doctors, surgeons, companies that make pacemakers, but usually those are dummy models. The ones I usually collect are live models, and again, it could be from patients who had theirs upgraded to something new.

Just boring stuff, calculators, slide rules, and my camera hipsterism is leading me to accumulate point & shoot cameras now.

>could be from patients who had theirs upgraded
I know ebay requires clothes to be washed, but I've never considered stuff that's been *inside* people. lol

the more interesting calcs I have sitting around at the moment.

it's not that odd, I saw the youtube channel "mikeselectricstuff" take one apart

any sgi systems, especially indy model , octane 2 and o2. actually scratch that, any sgi running irix with mips cpu.

What type of old unix systems you have or want to collect?

I wish I could collect vintage computers but you are right that they take too much room.

In 200 years mankind will be one with electronics, literally living forever on electronics. Im from the future brah, you will see this in 2100 not now, electric is the key to everything.

anything high tech, or at least that used to be high tech

HeNe lasers (tried to build a powersupply for them), industrial barcode scanner, CNC DRO with a z80 board (powersupply is FUCKED but I can still use keypad / display for anything), hotwheels radar gun (tried to make an RF retroreflector from a defcon talk), a module from an older airplane that is used to calculate distance from an airport, an Agilent sweep/ingress analyzer (for freeee because the battery is a brick, works off a cell phone charger)