Why does this phone trigger Sup Forums so much?

Why does this phone trigger Sup Forums so much?

more meme than iphone

what is that

Same cost as iPhone

Because everyone here is a contrarian faggot who hates popular things because somehow it makes them feel superior to ordinary people.

/thread

>Those bezels

>/Threading your own post
You should really kill yourself not to mention that your point is invalid because the Pixel is not popular.

Why do normies buy new smartphones every year?

Because they could have built a better Nexus device with all the same features for around $400 USD. But instead, they went after the iPhone and reskinned the same hardware in a more """forward""" package.

Also the price is apparently even more outrageous outside the US.

I'm not fully caught up, correct me if I'm wrong but the main selling points of this phone is its weird HDR camera thing (Which i think is mainly software based?) and the new gimmick voice assistant, which no one ever uses beyond calling someone or sending a text in a car.

Is it google just been greedy and holding back these features for other android phones? It just appears like another lagdroid phone spec wise to me.

Kill your self

/thread

This phone wasn't priced to be competitive and it was done on purpose. Sup Forums wasn't ready for this curve ball

HDR is still fucking slow.

It snaps it fairly fast I suppose, and it does a decent job, but it's fucking all software, just like the 6P.

Does it even have OIS yet

Reminds me to Moto G, would buy it but its too expensive.

I'm on Project Fi with a 6P, so I will probably have to get a Pixel at some point if this phone breaks or stops getting updated. Trying to hold out until next year's Pixel though, this one does nothing for me.

It doesn't cost $100 like neets on Sup Forums would like.

>b-b-b-but my chinkphone works great and it was only $25! i-it has a snapdragon s4 on it and a 720p panel!

This

Cause botnet, bezels, sad nexus fans, actually the best android phone in existence.

You seriously need to get off Sup Forums in and do something productive in your life

Sup Forums flips their shit over Apple products due to price, Google doesn't seem to be an exception

Why do NEETs need phones?

Nigger how about spending on $500 for something that is actually useful

Like this Xiaomi Mi Mix

With bands only for chinkland

Good luck using that outside chinkland you stupid fuckwit.

Also
>Buying a chink flagship
Drop it once and it gets obliterated

Woaw so useful

>same cost as iPhone
>not manlet version costs almost $900

It's like $250 more than the iPhone

AT&T gets LTE everywhere in America now on most Xiaomi phones I think, i know for fact redmi note 3 pro

The thick glass top portion of the phone is also there to apparently help with cell reception since glass effects the signal less than an all metal body

>/threading your own post
No. People don't hate it because it's popular, contrary to popular belief. People loved the fucking Nexus phones here (and yes, while many complained about the no SD card thing..it was enjoying popularity here). Nexus phones WERE popular. They wouldnt've been sold in my third world country otherwise.

anyway
>it looks like an iPhone (both sides universally agree on that)
>it costs as much as an iPhone
>the bezels and the poor design choices

I would've bought it if it were cheaper, because frankly, it looks like a Samsung Galaxy J1. The buttons do seem nice, but... it doesn't justify the price.

I might buy this phone used after a couple of years and fuck around with ROMs and shit, but I wouldn't spend money on it now. It's just not appealing (and I'm not talking just about the price)

It's faster and more responsive than the S7, I mainly bought a pixel because I didn't want to deal with Samsung's shit. Also my LG G4 had the bootloop issue catch up to it so I was pressed to find a new phone. Not only that, it was my escape from Verizon and I cut a good deal off of my phone bill.
Not perfect though, especially in design.

Current Note 7 owner. I played with the Pixel but it seems like ass and I don't want to downgrade to the S7.
Is it a decent phone? No hard buttons bugs the shit out of me, as well as no water proofing. I just want my god damn S pen.

Even normies don't like it.

There really are no redeeming factors to this phone. Outdated specs, looks like your average chinkphone, costs more than every other flagship, except for maybe the most expensive Samsung phones.

This really reminds me of the amazon phone. Big dreams by out of touch shareholders and 'visionaries'

Because its not Nexus anymore, or anything that the Nexus brand stood for. Plus its overpriced.

Missing 1900MHz GSM band for America meaning only 850MHz connection for AT&T & T-Mobile.
Missing 1700MHz UMTS band for T-Mobile (This is their primary UMTS band)
Missing Band 12 for LTE for AT&T & T-Mobile (this is AT&T's primary LTE coverage)
Missing Band 17 for LTE for AT&T (this is AT&T's primary LTE coverage)
Missing Bands 30 & 29 for LTE for AT&T (this is part of their extended coverage network, roaming agreements, and higher-speed LTE network)

So you don't have total GSM coverage on T-Mo or AT&T. Are missing a UMTS (3G/Old "4G") band for T-Mo. And are missing several LTE bands, including AT&T's primary coverage bands.

I appreciate the design, specs, price, and more. But until it gets an American Baseband release, I'll steer clear of it.

I honestly thought that was an iPhone until I expanded the image.

>touchwizz
>explosions

google's nexus/pixel phones have always been competent but not exemplary at launch. the point was always that they were good phones to buy to use as a developer reference device. that's why the nexus line was originally launched.

a lot of sites have acknowledged this: ars called it the best android phone out there, but with no landmark features to speak of.

if you need a phone that's "THE MOST _____ IN THE WORLD" then get a note 7 or something for THE MOST EXPLOSIVE IN THE WORLD

the pixel's mistake was that it was a competent all around phone priced at high end phone prices. if you want a competent smartphone without much fuss and you've got $650 then a consumer like you will most likely get an iPhone (the alternative, not having that kind of money, is that you'll complain about the price and ultimately buy an OP3 or something)

Because Reddit loves this phone. Just check /android/ Everyone is sucking google's dick for this overpriced iphone clone