What does Sup Forums think of nintendo switch?

what does Sup Forums think of nintendo switch?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/smachteam/smach-z-the-handheld-gaming-pc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I-I just want a Gamecube 2.

This.

kickstarter.com/projects/smachteam/smach-z-the-handheld-gaming-pc

support a unified platform

garbage
but who's surprised by that, really?
nintendo's last quality console was the 64 (and the controller was just fucking awful design)
after that era, the only quality nintendo has produced has been software

nintendo should stick with what it's good at - quality home/family games (LoZ, SMB, etc)
and leave the hardware to other companies who have some semblance of competance

Switch is dope. I love Nintendo games like Splatoon and Animal Crossing so I'll be buying it.

confirmed for both moron and 12
better start shaping up, kiddo. the world's a shitty place for people who make shitty decisions.

It sucks

I'm a father and I love playing games with my whole family. Nintendo makes the best games as well. Fuckoff kid.

Sup Forums thinks you are trash.

it's not controller + dumbed down pc so is at least interesting

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Spending $300+ for something that can't run AAA games at 60fps.

It looks like the screen would fall off the controllers and break at any minute

I like it

Meh, it has a target audioence which is definately not me.

The hardware is average, the controllers seem a bit shit except for the "pro" controller.

Screen is average.

Im pretty sure its about as powerful as my phone but cant do most of what my phone can do, and will cost about as much as my phone when it releases.

Also not waterproof no doubt

Pc seems to be the better choice, in terms of both hardware and non game productivity

It depends on the answers to a few questions.

How long does the battery last? How long does it take to charge the battery (while playing on a TV vs. not)?

How sturdy are the sliding contacts between the controllers and the screen? How easily can the screen be scratched?

Will it have any good games or will it have as shit a library as the Wii U?

I love it. Used to play alot of DS, but never cared much for the home consoles. This gives you relatively high performant hardware and the ability to chill on the sofa and game or just take it with you. I'll buy it.

it's neat

>but the hardware is shit
yeah maybe if you're an UBER HARDCORE SEMEN-SLURPING RAZER-BRANDED RGB-BACKLIT ESPORTS PRO ESL IEM ESPN GAYMER. nintendo has very rarely been about hardware, and only since the Wii's release have been focused on trying to shake up the way home consoles are played. their overall main concern is how to make fun games, and that's literally it. anyone who says otherwise is a fucking retard.

also

Enjoy PS2 graphics in 2016 kid

>hurf durf muh graphix
ok pal

>le you meem

I can see you're easily amused since you play games meant for little kids

>PS2 Graphics on handheld.

That would be pretty amazing to replicate taking in acount the amount of power the PS2 takes to emulate.

>This is ps2 graphics in the early 2000's

>games meant for little kids
So all of them?

All I said was that it was neat, and acknowledged the fact that nintendo was never a huge hardware whore to begin with

It's a console marketed towards kids and families who want to play party games, not people like you who want games blemished with god rays, bloom, and color correction to mask the fact that many current-gen consoles are still generations behind modern PC components for even enthusiast-tier builds

but sure spout some non-argument again I'm sure that'll get you somewhere

I'm really interested in the Switch. As a huge Zelda fan I am 100% hyped. That said, are SoC's powerful enough to run games like Dark Souls 3 and Skyrim? I've looked into Tegra chips and find it hard to make a comparison between these chips and the GPU in an xbox or playstation. I'm really excited for the Switch and will most likely be purchasing one 6 months or so after release. That said I anticipate lackluster third party support despite the promotional picture that Nintendo released.

If you care about hardware why wouldn't you just get a PC instead of a console?

PS2 ports on the vita run pretty well

Basically it's the new PSP, so it's pretty awesome.

Jaguar cores aren't very powerful probably around an a57 or a72 clock for clock

I wouldn't know the PS Vita was cancerous to begin with.

PCs are expensive, why wouldn't you get the console with the best hardware for much less?

He's talking about the first gen you autist

I ment to quote

>PCs are expensive meme
>thinks you need an intel i5 for gaming

>jerking self off about hardware
>willingly buys gimped hardware over better hardware that is only an extra hundred or so more expensive, that can also do more than just play games

I fully understand, now

I like it. It's probably the most interesting thing from them for me in like forever. I'll pick one up at some point so I can play the new Zelda.

>an extra hundred

Nice meme, you can barely buy a good graphics card with the price of a PS4 or Xbox One.

>what are the rx 480 and gtx 1060

The new 3DS switch is fire son!

>good
most of the "good" graphics cards you're probably thinking of are better suited for 1440p and higher gaming, with 1080p being a walk in the park

A simple 1050 will do you wonders for simple 1080p gaming, if you have no real interest in VR. That's almost a third the price of a PS4/XB1. If you're so worried about overall performance, you're perfectly fine to step back one entire generation or so. People on Sup Forums go on about how a 750ti - which is still some generations ahead of current consoles - is still good even today for playing at 1080p.

Plus consoles are only able to be made cheap because the parts are bought in bulk, thus cheaper. Their big gimping is in the graphics department itself, as well. They can slam as much RAM and a fancy enough CPU into the system, but the GPU department is where the hardware circlejerking really steps in. And there's a good reason why they give you meme stats like Teraflops as opposed to actually telling you the exact chipset either: Because they don't want people to be even slightly informed and realize they're selling older hardware when a slight premium (in comparison to other, much more expensive tiers) could net them a much better device.

Sure you might spend $500 or $600 on that fancy new Xbox One Scorpio, but an extra $200 could probably put you in a much better position that would easily slaughter what it would fail to tackle, chances are. But of course it's not out yet so it's hard to tell. If their "True 4K" claims are to be believed, I'm genuinely curious how they would manage to pull it off.

That's just my opinion though.

ps4 pro gpu is as powerful as an rx 470 and xbone is even better

who mentioned emulation retard

> Tegra
Shit.

xbone s*

hut hut HYAAAAA

>tfw games on iPhones have surpassed PS2 level graphics in 2013

Picture related, its Infinity Blade 3.

Seems like a neat idea targeted at people who don't fancy themselves "serious gamers". In other words, it'll be aimed at kids and casual gamers, just like pretty much every other console Nintendo has produced.

Judging by this thread, it'll be hated by angry teenagers who take their gaming very seriously. That's nothing new for Nintendo, though. The "serious gamer" crowd has always shunned Nintendo.

It's great that Nintendo is embracing mobile tech. It's at the point where you can have good visuals at low cost.

Honestly there's not even any need for consoles like the xbone and PS4. If you want high end, you should buy a PC. If you want lower end, use mobile tech. Unfortunately the industry still wants to screw the PC audience over by delivering half baked ports and/or abandoning support altogether.

This will never happen

I was planning to buy a the 12 inch iPad Pro because for me tablets are portable tvs to watch movies on trips but I don't really like mobile games, sometimes I play on a PC and if this console allows me to watch movies and tv series with a good resolution and allows me to play demanding AAA games like a normal console maybe I decide to buy one, but for now I don't think so.

Where do you get hardware for 300$ or less that can run AAA games at 60fps? Legit question, I haven't gamed in over five years and wouldn't know anything about modern gaming hardware.

Just need to play games third party games at a reasonable frame rate with a battery similar to a New 3DS XL

>serious gamer
Oxymoron.