I saw someone post about this not long ago, and I was reminded of it

I saw someone post about this not long ago, and I was reminded of it.

I can't explain why, but I really love the idea of using a PS2 as a computer. The design just looks so... Perfect, especially with a (preferably black) CRT screen.

However, with 32 MB of RAM, you'd be lucky to run anything at all on it. I know that Linux on PS2 has networking capabilities, but that likely won't matter if you can't even use it to shitpost.

So, how hard would it be to replace the motherboard inside it with a Mini-ITX and swap out all the components with PC components, while keeping the original look perfectly intact?

Other urls found in this thread:

fit-pc.com/web/products/mintbox/
mini-itx.com/projects/playstation2pc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You mean just use the case?

you could rehouse a mintbox inside it, but honestly specwise kinda a rip if you ask me. it's cutesy but if you got money to burn it would look pretty cool

fit-pc.com/web/products/mintbox/

i heard there was a netbsd PS2 port

is it making any progress? maybe you could run that instead of gutting a PS2

>gut a cheap laptop
>fit it inside

just tape one of these in it
you can even add more fans for more cooling

ps2 already looks like a PS2, just put the logo on and call it a day

*thinkpad already looks like a PS2, just put the logo on and call it a day
fuck, I'm retarded

Could you not fit an Odroid inside?

mini-itx.com/projects/playstation2pc/

???

I thought you were going on the security side of using ps2 hardware that probably has not being compromised by 3 letter agencies, but you are just a faggot, kys.

>know that Linux on PS2 has networking capabilities, but that likely won't matter if you can't even use it to shitpost.

How much RAM would Links use up on a really minimal Arch install?

I actually set up one of my ps2s to run Linux. It boots from a flash drive. X works okay. Links runs fine.

A autist already looks like a autist, just put a chromosome on and call it a day

>USB 1.1

Yeah, it's slow as shit. I just did it because I could, although there's people who have made ps2 clusters before.

>PS2
user, today we have better mips CPU when r5900 also better GPU with decent *nix support and even better cheap x86 embedded board.

but the PS2 looks like a UNIX workstation

so its cooler, you should see the devkit too

>but the PS2 looks like a UNIX workstation
We has 3D-printer now and you can make any small custom case on it.

32mb

perfect for running windows 95 or 3.1
But yeah your best bet is linux
get "red hat" or unix
both would work great.

the other option as other anons have said is just take out the PS2's guts and replace it with a nuc or laptop insides and stick a fan or two inside.

>windows 95
>on MIPS
Technically incompetent tripfag is technically incompetent...

Stick a Ras Pi in it and be done

You can run NT on MIPS, but he's still retarded because the MIPS versions of NT only ran on DECstations and a couple literally who hipsterboxes

NT up to 4.0 version have MIPS support but not Windows 9x/Windows ME.