Late 2016 MacBook Pro

Has there ever been an Apple product this universally ripped apart?

Hacker News seems to have lost its shit over the new MBPs, first the "Apple just told the world it has no idea who the Mac is for" ( medium.com/charged-tech/apple-just-told-the-world-it-has-no-idea-who-the-mac-is-for-722a2438389b#.81pyi8nop )story staying on the top for an entire day, and now stream of articles on whether to defect to Linux, and whether to use Ubuntu or elementaryOS.

Other urls found in this thread:

bizon-tech.com/us/bizonbox2-egpu.html/
anandtech.com/show/9582/intel-skylake-mobile-desktop-launch-architecture-analysis
ark.intel.com/m/products/95451/Intel-Core-i7-7500U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz-#@product/specifications
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Ubuntu or elementaryos
Why not solus?

fuck off shill

>medium
>hacker news
none of these websites matter, nor do the people that visit them

People will buy the macbook pro as is and it will be the best selling macbook in years, encouraging apple to take out more ports when the iMac and Mac Pro refreshes come around.

>shilling a free product

cant tell if you are retarded or bait

I think he's too stupid to know what it means.

>hacker news
>read by the entire SV venture fuckwad scene
>doesn't matter

Shill enough anti-MBP articles there, SV fags are all going to get Dell XPS with elementary OS so that they can still fit in.

>tfw MacRumors is losing their shit

>read article
>see related links
>some female writer praising
>click it
>"design professionals just can't wait to get their hands on the new macbook"
>"using a touchscreen is so difficult and uncomfortable when you have to reach out and touch the screen but the touch panel fixes this"
This will be the best selling macbook ever.

Guaranteed

The second screen is cool, but it shouldn't have been a replacement for the F keys. Removing all the ports is probably what pissed off people the most though.

The people running Apple are a bunch of millennials who think that Apple is just a brand like Coca Cola that people always buy because they have to, that it became just successful as a brand. This kind of entitled belief that success is just randomly given to some businesses, like they will buy an Armani suit having no idea that there is actually such a person as Armani who is in charge of people designing clothes. You could could go to a tackle shop and buy fish eggs and serve these people 'caviar' and they will mindlessly buy it because they are programmed to buy expensive things just for the fact that they are expensive.

Honest question
Can you even afford it? Because most of Sup Forums are neet fags running 5 years+ old computers with anime wallpapers, no job, and with some kind of social anxiety,

most people are buying these things on finance
I could afford it, but it would be a huge waste of cash for something so shitty.

my $400 Thinkpad I bought from a liquidator is more powerful than the new Macbook i5 version, and the i7 is barely ahead.

I could afford it, but like , I'm not a complete retard with my money.

Sure you can.

Yes. That's what I said.

to get a Laptop from Apple enough better than my current one it would cost over $4000 in my country
and I would STILL be saddled with a Macbook then.
that's a massive waste of cash, only poor trashy idiots splurge on useless shiny tat

beyond that I have a desktop as well at home which cost me just over 1000 at the time and no macbook build would ever be better than it.

Have you considered that maybe, just maybe, purchasing a Macbook Pro could be the smartest thing you could ever do ever?

No. If I want to run OSX on crippled hardware, I'll just pick up some hackintosh laptop off ebay.

OSX doesn't benefit me on the desktop because I need KVM, and it doesn't benefit me on the laptop either because I want a touch-centric OS (which only Windows provides properly).

>purchasing a Mac anything
>smart decision

Sorry but Apple products aren’t made for third world fags.

You should get a chroomebook.

>Hackintosh
>This is how poor people want to experience Apple superiority

I don't think you've ever touched OSX. Unfortunately, I have to on a daily basis. :^)

>I don’t think you’ve ever touched OSX
>I have to on a daily basis with my plastic hackintosh

>third world
its not my fault Trudeau is crashing the economy.

honestly people who buy Macshit are the types who finance shoes and have loads of debt from buying ugly branded clothes, apartments they can't afford, and buying dinner every night because they can't cook.

if you're buying a computer for fashion you need to rethink somethings, Apple sure does if their sales keep plummeting.

>people ITT have honestly bought into the whole lifestyle marketing wank

sure, user. nice bait! :^)

>1632x1224 camera
>MacBook Air
Everybody comes together

How much do you pay for shoes? I wanna make an idea about how broke third word fags are.

t. Poorfags
:^)

What were they thinking with that keyboard?

You could deal with it on the Macbook because it's made for maximum portability and casual web browsing but the Pro is supposed to be for serious work. Writing on that keyboard is a pain.

>Having fat fingers
Stop eating Doritos you cheap fuck

I have hiking boots I bought years ago plus some leather shoes and moccasins
>talking about being broke
the only one going broke is you once you move out from your parents house.
I can guarantee I make more money than you do.
I just spend my money on things like improving my properties or investing instead of useless rubbish for college kids and niggers to show off.

I can afford it, but as a poorfag it means it'll either set me back, or I could save up a month and buy it without digging into my savings.

I'm honestly quite happy with my asus transformer + desktop combo I have going right now though so I don't really care

I like the customizable touch function keys. I know Apple isn't the first company to implement such a feature (I think Razer actually had a keyboard with similar macro keys and there were probably others before that) but it seems like a good amount of thought was put into the design to make it fairly functional.

I don't think it's a big loss for the F keys to no longer be tactile. That area of the keyboard isn't used frequently enough to justify tactile keys and the tradeoff for customizability makes it more than worthwhile.

That said I don't know anything else about the new Mac since I haven't kept up with it and customizable F keys alone isn't enough to get me to run to the Apple store and buy a new laptop though I would like to see this get integrated into other laptop and even desktop keyboards in the future.

The real wet dream is a mechanical keyboard with tiny LCDs built into all the keys so that they could be customized to any function. For instance you could switch between different keyboard layouts such as QWERTY and DVORAK in software and the screens would change to reflect the new layout. In addition there would be additional "keyboards" programmed in with all sorts of other functions (such as emojis if you're into that), downloadable ones created by people on the net, and ones included with programs like photoshop for functions specific to the program. The drawback is this keyboard would be complex to design and expensive. Definitely doable but not cheap and the market is limited if the price is very high.

If you have to save up you can’t afford it.

>Trudeau is crashing the economy

You mean the Saudi.

Canadian dollar started falling well before Trudeau was elected.

I hate the feeling of apple's touch surfaces, their touchpad is shit and I assume their touchbar will be

don't trigger him. any mention of SJWs not actively harming them triggers Sup Forumstards

>their touchpad is shit
hahahhaha ha ahaha

>touchpad is shit

...of all the things to complain about.

Their touchpad is incredible really.

people give apple products a lot of shit for a lot of good reasons, but the trackpads are not one of those reasons. what's your imagined problem?

it doesn't 'feel' like a click at all and is just weird and inaccurate, and its difficult to gauge the force of a click since its so vague. I tend to hit my keys/buttons hard so the light effeminate touch required for Macs is annoying.

it sounds more like you're a gorilla or a nigger smashing your fist on the trackpad. i was interested to see if you had some real problem with it, but i guess not. that's too bad.

You’re retarded.

I can't comment on that. I just like the concept, whether the implementation is good is a different matter. It looks good on paper but we'll see good it really is.

That said I'd imagine this screen would be more like an iphone/ipad screen than a Apple trackpad. I don't know whether that's good or not since I own neither. It could also be completely different. Apple will presumably contract manufacture of this screen to some company that specializes in capacitive touch screens. This isn't an off-the-shelf part. I doubt any company currently makes touch screens with such odd dimensions. Whether or not the screen is good all falls on whatever company actually makes the screen, and a little bit on Apple if they know the screen is shit and let it go to market anyway.

What if they still had a physical ESC button together with the touchbar?

stop taking things away from Sup Forums to have tantrums about!

what's it even supposed to do other than be custom keys?

What if they didn't make the trackpad twice as big as last time and instead kept the function keys and just put the touch bar above them

Everyone who hammers at their keyboards should have their fingers broken. If you wanted to be Chad all the time you should've gone into a different field.

I'm just used to using old school mechanical keyboards, membranes are awful.

So, you want an Optimus keyboard? I believe we still can't make a decent keyboard like that and the oled strip is a fucking terrible idea.

I think they want to use the touchpad also as a drawing/sketchpad

Go to bed grandpa

Mac Fanboi here.

Cook, Shiller, Ive etc., are clutching at straws now. Desktop lineup not even refreshed, touch bar's a gimmick compared to a Surface Pro 4, which is eating up all the orders because MaxiPad can't interface with the Windoze world properly.

Surface Studio and it's clones may be under powered now, but artists will buy it. Goodbye iMac.

Apple haven't innovated since the Jobs era, they just want to make their 30% profit and feel smug.

Making the power button Touch ID and removing the gimmicky bar in all models is the best solution.
If they sold it like this i would have bought it.

Yeah actually, that's pretty much what I'm going for except I want mechanical key switches. The Optimus keyboard, in its current form, would translate perfectly to a laptop though.

>the i7 is barely ahead
Not unless your thinkpad has no fan. Just throttle my shit up sempai.

>financing something that only costs $2,000
If you're poor enough that have to finance a macbook pro then maybe you should shouldn't be buying a macbook pro. Yeah I remember being a poorfag. Who are these people?

What I don't understand is why the hell they raised the prices.

I own a Macbook Pro 13-inch (late 2013) and I paid something like 1000€ for it. I was considering getting a new one if they turn out to be good. But now that they removed the function keys, removed all the ports and the SD card reader, I really struggle to see why I would buy a Macbook. There really doesn't seem to be a point to it. I would be better off buying a Surface Pro 4 for 500€ less, and getting more for my money.

Or I could just go and buy some other windows laptop for even cheaper. Apple really dropped the ball this time.

>only mindless consumer sheep matter

>USB c has been out for a while
>manufactures aren't putting them on their laptops
>USB c is obviously the future
>apple says fuck it and puts all USB c on macbook
>ducks are scared of technology pushing forward

I hope the next set of thinkpads or dells all have USB c

I don't fucking get it

RAM chips soldered to the motherboard with no DIMM slots wont get them to change... but fucking THIS it's literally nothing and maybe even an improvement

Yes but i wouldn't buy it because it's objectively inferior to the previous rMBP

>What I don't understand is why the hell they raised the prices.

Because they can. Welcome to the captive market my friend.

Jobs considered Apple to be the 'BMW' of PCs.

Problem is MS and Samsung etc are catching up/surpassing them.

They made one admission though during the keynote - that their generation 1 butterfly keys they fitted to the MacBook and Magic keyboard felt like shit.

But that's classic Apple for you. Make compromised design decisions and see if you can get away with it.

they're only doing it because of european union laws

all of their shit has been proprietary, they wish they could have propietary only ports but can't

>Has there ever been an Apple product this universally ripped apart?
Yes, and it never matters

but there's no alternative in the SV venture fuckwad scene. ubuntu is simply not productive without native support for microsoft office & adobe suite. go into any tech convention, 99% of laptops are macbooks and that just won't change

>ubuntu is simply not productive without native support for microsoft office & adobe suite
hmm, lets see, the SV startup scene cant do their work without MS Word and Photoshop, thats wishful thinking, nice to see Apple is reallly on top of their game when it comes to vender lock-in

It makes me sad that no matter how much apple fucks up, there is a community of nutless faggots who defend everything they do.

Go to r/apple and try to get back alive
>I don't use a mac because it's cheap, I pay $1000 for extra Ssd space because I'm a professional and I need reliable storage.
>I don't understand the hate, who needs more than 16gb ram on a laptop XD

oh my god the amount of angry people and delusional fanboys on there arguing back and forth can keep me entertained out the week

From macrumours

>If you want bleeding-edge specs like graphics cards then Mac has never been for you. Apple always puts a much greater value on things like stability, battery life, and tuning everything to work beautifully with macOS. It's not even possible for them to have put the latest graphics cards in these machines. They will been in development for many months, and as I stay things like graphics need to be custom tuned to the operating system and a lot of testing is involved.

These new MacBook Pros are the best MacBook Pros Apple has ever made. If you don't think they are worthy of an upgrade, then I wish you much happiness and every success with your new Windows laptop.

>Apple can not to do better than this. These new MacBook Pros are pure unadulterated perfection.

>mfw

entitles little shits are overreacting on the internet. seriously, if you don't like the thing, buy some other laptop or go fuck yourself.

people were outraged at the iphone 7 specs and literally nothing happened.

the mbp is a great machine, but very expensive. that's about it.

>If you want bleeding-edge specs like graphics cards then Mac has never been for you.
what? how's a gtx-1080 not a bleeding edge gfx?
bizon-tech.com/us/bizonbox2-egpu.html/

>dual core i5
>dual core
>i5

What the fuck? Isn't that just an i3?

nope. please inform yourself about Intel's mobile Core line-up.
anandtech.com/show/9582/intel-skylake-mobile-desktop-launch-architecture-analysis

Even i7 can be dual core.
ark.intel.com/m/products/95451/Intel-Core-i7-7500U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz-#@product/specifications

Is that quote from a book? Do you mind telling me which one? It sounds interesting.

Yeah, they need to release a Apple Pencil for the new trackpad. It is very clearly designed to be sketched with. Too bad the current Pencil has a completely useless connector at the end of it. And they need to rethink the way to recharge it. Will be continuously lampooned if they release a USB-C Pencil with the same charging method,

>read by the entire SV venture fuckwad scene

TIL the entire SV venture capitalist scene reads a React.js tutorial everyday.