Hey Sup Forums...

Hey Sup Forums, I was wondering if anyone knows of any durable Micro SD's that would be good for using with hollow spy coins such as in pic related. I'm looking for one of those old school 2GB ones that are neither HC or XC so that they will be compatible with most hardware. It must be very durable (waterproof, temperature proof, shock/vibration/impact proof, xray proof, and magnet proof) as they will probably endure some harsh trials intermittently. They don't need to be super high tech, just need to be able to hold a little bit of code at a time and not break during travel. Any suggestions or experiences you wish to share? The input will be of the highest value.

ITT: We discuss different Micro SD cards and their properties, and judge the manufacturers of these little pieces of hardware (Sandisk, Toshiba, Samsung)

literally just buy any microSD card.

and be prepared to smuggle it out of a place via your ass. coins are so out of place these days and any security checkpoint will require you to empty your pockets. why hide the card in a thing that people will handle and have very strong intuitive senses of how heavy those things *should* be?

you're basically calling attention to yourself by smuggling things out in hollowed out coins.

Who said anything about smuggling or breaching security? This is simply for educational purposes and for those who collect such items as a hobby. Don't make assumptions user.

"any microSD" is not capable of withstanding the trials that metallic currencies regularly face - such as sitting inside the pelvic cavity of a human for extended periods of time.

standard sd cards are already:
>waterproof
>more temperature proof than a human
>shock/vibration/impact proof
>more xray proof than a human

So what would be a go-to brand for overall durability/quality/compatability? Toshiba and Samsung have been around for a very long time compared to Sandisk, but reading over reviews I'm being led towards getting a simple 2GB Sandisk.

hide a 2gb sandisk standard SD card in the binding of a book.
done.

I can't fit a book in my ass you fool.

I hope you get caught, pedo.

Then just put the SD card inside a small plastic bag and shove it in

sandisk=samsung>toshiba
thats based on my opinion which is mostly uninformed

Start carrying a small pocket bible and keep the microsd card in the binding of it.

i keep all my hurtcore on one of these, it's 120gb though

MicroSd have shitty IOPS, not speed iops, it's literally impossible to run os or other multi files drive.
Coruption of data also happened to me

Your best chance for high integrity smuggling is to have some sort of redundancy, and do raid + btrfs on two. Two will likely fit in a coin. Also, any brand-name sd card will stand up to some torture. Though I'm curious as to why no XC, almost all hardware in the last five years supports it all...

>it's literally impossible to run os or other multi files drive

no it's not

the new ones are faster than the average spinning drive with lower latency

probably not a good idea to have one as a boot drive because of all the reads and writes you will be doing but you can do it

Hide the SD card in the chassis of a serial zip disquette with a bunch of non-incriminating PDF's

Also check'em

witnessed

Damn that's fucking clever

A good trick for hiding data is using LUKS in plain mode, with an offsite header. The header is necessary to unlock the drive, but is not necessarily secret as it contains only encrypted data. However, the drive encrypted with that header will appear to be pure deniable random data

GET A SHARK

What's hurtcore? Some gay emocore hardcore where they slit their wrists while playing live?

>pure deniable random data

>Random data
>Deniable

google it

This.

lexar
toshiba
samsung

they all market their sd cards as pretty much everything proof and usually offer a long guarantee to back up the claim

however given how cheap even large sd cards have become, does it really matter?

>50 cent coin
I thought a "spy coin" was supposed to be discreet

Bump

Right?
Who the fuck carries 50 cent coins nowadays? I've not seen one in years.
A quarter or nickel would be way more effective.

Common coins are easier to detect, small weight or shape differences are comparable to regular coins

why is someone going to care if a coin weighs 1.01 gram instead of 1 gram?

>SD card weighs 0.01 gram

mfw

This is the most paranoid, tin foil thing I've read today.

shit you're right.

still not that worried about someone weighing all my pocket change unless OP is from best korea using a smuggled chinese phone with a proxy

hollowed-out coins will weigh less than their legit counterparts.

excellent digits

standard US quarter weighs 5.67g
microsd card weighs 5.103g

shave 5.103g from the quarter
???

Micro SD cards are around half a gram. How did you fuck up googling that hard.

>microsd card weighs 5.103g

put it in your rubic's cube, you memer

Where did I go wrong?

>with adapter
>packaging

you smuggling CP across the border or something? jesus christ

You went wrong by not just searching micro SD card weight

You're weighing the shitty blister pack too fagtron

So if the thing weighs .5 grams then why does it measure out to be .59 x .04 x .43 inches?

Does amazon just want to fuck with me?

Just open up a laptop and tape it inside the laptop. You could even put bigger stuff in there like a USB drive.

It's a scam, what you'll receive is actually a big piece of paper with a micro sd printed on it.

I screencapped that from amazon though.

SanDisk or lexar

Again relies on the sellers up provide those stats. The seller just made a mistake somewhere along the line.

Use a HDD filled with innocuous shit, have an encrypted disk image somewhere, store header+key on your microsd. MicroSD should be stored separately. If crossing a border, mail it in a letter taped to some random paper to your address.

Try to use encrypt it. should be fun.

>All these people saying to hide it in some other electronics
your honest to God best bet is to hide it in a thick pen or some other thing you'd expect to find in a pocket. Maybe a watch or something. The coins are liable to be detected, but no one's going to bother opening your watch to make sure you're not smuggling the Cee Pee

bump

>temperature proof,
Really nigga

Hide one in your foreskin

Also out lots of data on the zip disquette to make it look like you've used it for years. Change the time stamps on the data

>Who said anything about smuggling or breaching security?
i got the hint from
>for using with hollow spy coins
it's not an absurd conclusion to make. stop being a fucking faggot about this.

if the OP wants something to hide in a hollow coin, he's probably looking to smuggle it. if he's looking to smuggle it, smuggling it in a coin is like smuggling a secret message in a musket.

This is the correct recommendation. CIA do it all the time.

No, OP is 14 years old and thinks spy coins are neat.

why are you this retarded?

He's just repeating things he read on Sup Forums without understanding them

This is probably the best idea unless you think they'll confiscate your laptop.

poop

My memenerry kek disagrees with you

You all forget about how high density cards will lose their data if they arn't powered on for a few weeks because of the instability at such a small scale or something like that.

>2GB
>high density
pick one
also should maintain it's data IF it does start to lose it for 2+ years

You're either a huge faggot or a very clever ruseman. I applaud you, but I don't like you.

You'll get electric shielding for free if you use your spy coin (assuming it is fairly conductive). Magnetic shielding is near impossible if you want to be discreet, passive shielding involves multiple enclosures of ferrous material, active shielding is typically done with a system of electromagnets.

This is simply not true. Retention times are specified by manufacturers in years, and there is plenty of evidence to support this in any embedded system with flash memory.

this

The best method I ever saw of smuggling data was to put the micro SD card in a small bit of chocolate and let a dog eat it. Just wait for the dog to have a shit to retrieve it