We need more women in tech

>we need more women in tech

why

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"diversity is good"

Because I'm sick and tired of dealing with fat autists with a complete lack of people skill and common courtesy who needs HR to babysit them

They usually are good at fancying up the work place and make it smell less of man

Someone needs to make the drinks

They are still not going to fuck you user

Diversity. It's important that women make up at least 50% of the people in the tech industry. Why? Because white men have been oppressing everyone else for billions of years!

Doesn't matter, I can speak to them as normal humans instead of having to conform to arbitrary autistic routines

these two, pretty much.

Except you get trannies that stink just as much and are even more autistic.

>more women in tech is a bad idea because...

Clearly they would have joined on their own if they were interested?

i'd rather work with a bunch of autistic devs than a woman

>who needs HR
Literally who?

Sure...

xDDDDDDD

Because I'm sick of sweaty manboobs. Fuck it, if I have to see titty, I'd rather the flesh attached didn't smell like balls and doritos.

But they have, user.

women do so they can say they work "in the tech industry"

What is the point of this shitpost?

damn you, patriarchy!

A misinformed though well intentioned sense of equality. If you operate on the premise of males having unjust control over a certain field, you're likely to advocate dismantling it.

The argument boils down to "women aren't 50% of tech jobs, thus there is a problem that needs proactive action taken rectify, (treating inequality of outcome as a social disease), vs "women aren't 50% of tech, but when given their own choice, less women choose tech." (valuing equality of opportunity, not outcome.)

Is there a "problem" with equality in western society? Not really, when you look at the legislation and common social attitudes. I'd argue the problem lies within the population convinced a lack of representation equates to a lack of opportunity.

>using badass unironically
and feminists wonder why no one takes them seriously?

Wow 7 women!

Eh, nothing wrong with it, I suppose. The problem starts way earlier, I think, with girls being discouraged from pursuing technical careers and activities, but it seems like that is gradually closing up.

I think progressives are just impatient. They don't just want more women in tech, they want women to be VISIBLY in tech, which will conceivably inspire more girls to go into the field. I don't really think shit works that way. John Carmack gave a pretty pithy response when asked why Oculus had so few women. His answer was that the skillset and knowledge that he needed was so advanced, he was having difficulty finding qualified employees period.

Everything changes. Tech will change, women will change. I think it would be an objectively good thing if women joined STEM fields as much as men, but I don't think it's fair to blame employers (well, not ALL employers) for the discrepancy.

so they can finally shut the fuck up about it

>when you're a beta male with a webcomic

Explain.

More opportunities for us to get laid.

not an argument

what industry do you work in that has just guys, I'm curious

Wow, it's not like they tried to do the opposite in Norway but girls didn't give a shit about it.

They are webcomics made by beta males.

You are too worried about what other people think of you, looks like you're the beta male here.

I want to work with qualified people, not meme diversity people.

>women can't be qualified

But XKCD has a very large readership and is quite famous (by reasonable standards), isn't this alpha? this gives him more social sway than most, or if he is beta, surely that makes you, an anonymous shitposter. Omega?

because you'd get twice as much done with twice as many people in tech

For the same reason we shouln't have let them into anything else in the first place: it increases the workforce supply without raising the demand for it, which makes salaries plummet.

Not to mention the damage it does to the traditional family: parents can't afford to have as many kids as they could in the past because both of them have to go out to work, they don't earn as much as they used to and they have to hire a sitter, all of this means kids spend less time with their parents and are screwed up in the process, etc. etc. etc....

All the problems of post-modernity are due to feminism.

Women don't join because they're aware that if they do join everyone and their mom is going to point out the fact that they're a woman in tech, so when they just start out and don't know much theyre not going to feel comfortable trying things/asking questions etc. because they know everyone's gonna think "oh of course she asks such babymode questions she's a woman, why are all women in tech such garbage"

plus most of the time when guys get into technology at a young age they have friends who do it as well/encourage it. for a girl to get into it when shes young/get as experienced as everyone else in tech implies she'd be willing to do it even though literally none of her friends and noone she knows irl does it. if you're like 13 you're not gonna throw away virtually any chance at finding stuff in common with your peers just so you can pursue a higher good of computer science

It is good.

Why? Because it solves problems faster, makes people think differently and why not?

Lets not forget women use tech and it's competitive advantage to have folks who understand a big chunk of your customers. Having women who understand technical issues and implement them is a huge help.

There is no good reason more women aren't in tech, it's completely because of socialization.

Plus I don't really want to work with dudes all day every day.

>first female computer programmer
This is retarded, "first computer programmer" makes her work seem way more outstanding and is a better description of her work, if they want to sell the women in tech thing.

So are all the qualified women not looking for jobs in tech for some reason?

Somebody please tell me this is satire.

Women were the first computers too.

>Because it solves problems faster

Pray tell, how does being female make you solve problems faster?

Same reason we needed women in all the other occupations- to make labour cheaper.

They empirically do, why though - the scientists are still working on that. Most scientists are men though, so don't hold your breath, this might take a while.

Oh well if MailOnline says its true then it must be

>convenience > performance
>in the tech industry.
Fucking kill yourself you god damn degenerate.

>genetic fallacy
>numerous grammar mistakes in the process
You aren't helping the boys' cause, user.

Strawman

We don't. It's a pretty obvious tactic by certain groups to further their own interests.

yea bullshit, women are not creative thinkers

That's your argument? You really are a woman.

>inb4 le women are bad at math meme

>study by sussex university
It's not even cited. That article is as accurate as anything else said on Sup Forums

A study by City of Leeds University shows that people who post tabloid articles thinking that they're even remotely correlated with reality are pretty fucking dumb.

Whoa whoa, careful there, MailOnline is a reputable user reviewed paper. Papers are scientific right? You always see smarties publishing papers!

But picking a woman instead of a man will often help you make the best choice, user.

Wow, are you retarded.

Yep, not even gonna lie, men are messy as fucking shit.
Top kek, this is almost as funny as that time someone was testing a starter motor without bolting it down so it jumped right up off the bench and onto their foot with the heroin fueled rage of 1000 angry Mexicans jumping over he border

I run a small business and every woman I've interviewed has been turned down. They say "like" too much, they speak with vocal fry, they whine about everything, and never get shit done on time unless you make create an environment that's stressful. I fucking hated it.

My male employees get shit done, they don't argue about trivial shit, they aren't annoying to listen to, and most importantly they're reliable.

Women belong in the kitchen, not in the office.

To fuck, why else would anyone want to hire specifically women?

"We need to hire women" = "I need to dip my peen during work hours"

I also get this with a lot of women, where they love to talk about problems, or write reports on them, but never get any actual problems solved.
I blame social sciences.

Here's the neo-Sup Forums answer:
>DA JOOWS YES GOY DIVERSITY IS GOOD x-DDDDDD
>WHITE OPPRESSION x--DDDDDDD
>LE BETA KEKS

Here's the reality:
Tax cuts, grants (mostly for colleges/universities), and better low-risk pretty-much-free improvements in public image just for hiring women, not even including minorities of either gender.

There's also some weird form of guilt because programming had Grace Hopper and no one else prominent since in terms of extreme female contribution to the field, and there actually used to be a higher percentage of females involved in tech. In this same space, there's also this weird double standard of "SHE'S NOT YOUR TYPICAL GIRLY GIRL SO SHE'S NOT A PROPER FEMALE PROGRAMMER"; meanwhile Rachel Appel and Kate Gregory own but apparently they're not cool enough to the loud white betas at the wheel of this """movement""" to be considered positive role models.

I run a small business and every man I've interviewed has been turned down. They say "dude" too much, they speak growling, they rant about everything, and never get shit done on time unless you make create an environment that's problematic. I fucking hated it.

My female employees get shit done, they don't rant about trivial shit, they aren't irritating to listen to, and most importantly they're reliable.

Men belong in the coal mines, not in the office.

Men have been "oppressing" women in the mining and garbage collecting. But you don't see anyone making a fuss for 50% gender distribution at those jobs, do you?

There are less women in tech because there are less women qualified for it. For example at my university, the ratio of men-women is like 70%-30% and most of the best students are males.

Worth the read

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html

For the same reason women should not be at home raising children and cleaning their entire life; because we can make the economy grow. Women and men are different in many ways and can see things from different angles.

The difference is my post reflects reality.

>capitalism forces men to work demeaning jobs
>let's blame women instead
Wow, this is a strong contender for dumbest post of the year award.

Why have children if you're not willing to take care of them? Or do you want some stranger taking care of your children and staying inside of your house all day?

Sure, keep telling yourself that.

The women at my firm serves as eye candy (and maybe cum dump if it comes down to that).

>Meanwhile, in the real world

They should

Well, you don't wanna vote for the woman who wants to end the coal industry, so you only have yourself to blame for that.

>real world
>daily mail
The two could not be more incompatible

Edgy. But both of us know there's no "firm", you never really leave mum's basement.

If you don't like it, then start your own company and prove me wrong, sweetheart.

Nice argument

Oh well, if DailyMail says it's true, then it must be.

>THE ECONOMY
This retardation needs to stop, I'm tired of everyone parroting about the economy and entire countries doing retarded shit like building appartments nobody will ever buy just to keep money moving.
Quality of life, that's the index you want to increase, the economy is only relevant if it contributes. If you're making a bazillion dollars but everyone is dying of cancer because of pollution, you can choke on a dick.

>prove me wrong
Burden of proof, numbskull.

Huh, it's like people's peers affect their personalities, weird.

>mum

gtfo brit

So this article is fake?

>There is no good reason more women aren't in tech
It's because they don't want to.
There is fucking nothing stopping them from going into tech anymore. Quite the contrary, they constantly get encouraged to do it and they would have no problem finding a job because all those companies are obsessed with raising their women quota.

The only reason they don't go into tech is because they have no interest in it.

>what is a tabloid?

Depends, is this one fake?

The new students on my CS study have a 3:80 women to men ratio. In my year it was 100% men.

>plus most of the time when guys get into technology at a young age they have friends who do it as well/encourage it.
No, not really.
You generally get misstreated by everyone for being a pale nerdy loser that doesn't play in the sun with the other kids.
And you know, we accepted that, and suffered, and now are where we are with good salaries. But no, everyone needs to put a fucking flower carpet so women can get here easily, and get encouraged to do things.
Complete bullshit.

don't ask questions goyim.

Stop spreading that myth, please.

>There are less women in tech because there are less women qualified for it.
It's not even that. My university has no entrance exams for these kind of fields, yet they are heavily dominated by men from the very first semester.

Women just don't like those fields.

top kek

> tfw u help girls in physics class and she still ends up with a C

do people actually believe this?