I'm thinking about getting the new macbook pro due to its cool touch bar. thoughts?

i'm thinking about getting the new macbook pro due to its cool touch bar. thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

daringfireball.net/linked/2016/10/28/panzarino-touch-bar
apple.com/shop/mac/mac-accessories/power-cables?page=1#!&f=15_mbp_thdblt3_late2016&fh=4595+4804
belkin.com/resources/img/overview/F4U095/Thunderbolt_doc_JPEG.jpg
developer.apple.com/macos/touch-bar/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I only care enough to make a post saying I don't care
In essence I could care less.

>In essence I could care less
meaning you do care to some extent?

Why not opt for a touch SCREEN?
Won't it be easier to touch your screen and scroll though your webpage?
just a thought.

I swear that touch pad is the most unnecessary thing I've ever seen on a notebook

He made a post to say that so obviously there is at least a minimal level of caring.

Why didn't you get one of the other computers with the touch bar? Where do you think Apple got the idea from? There have been several with that feature. Obviously not useful and never caught on

But it's OLED and brave

What a stupid, cheap gimmick.
How is there no Apple executive saying "guys, this is really fucking stupid"?

I think you have surpassed faggotry and stumbled onto mega faggotry. If you want to touch something, go find some little boys you fucking weirdo.

It shows features that are displayed on the screen. I don't see the point.

If you're a programmer, using keyboard shortcuts is faster
If you're a graphic designer, using keyboard shortcuts is faster
If you're a DJ and you use a tiny touchbar to mix your music, you're stupid.
If you're browsing, having a touch screen is more usefull
If you're a mother of 3 and want to make a word document, you'll never use it.

I don't see why this feature was added. I really with someone could tell me what the benefit to someones productivity is with that touchbar.

BRAVE

If that's a selling point for you then it's a great laptop. The only modern laptop with such a feature!

Enjoy

>Said no one ever.

USB C as only port could be seen as a step forward. And this can even be argued to be good for the market. This is BRAVE.

A touchbar isn't brave, it is a gimmick that will fade over time as people won't use it. It doesn't push the industry and it isn't a leap forward. It's basically a tiny touchscreen under your screen.

Why Apple didn't chose to use a full on touchscreen and rewrite their macOS to take advantage of this, is beyond me.
I guess some marketing official is currently making a campagne for apple to release in 4 years saying:
"The next leap forward"

The design fart with the monotonous voice will come on video explaning:
"We... Rewrote the entire MAC experience from the ground up........ Our.... Product has always ..... Pushed the market...... When we realesed our..... revolutional touchbar, The market was shocked by our innovation.... We at Apple have made the next leap possible.... And now we our..... proud.... to present the next leap.... ....... ....... Imagine your whole screen...... could be touched....."

God I hate that guy.

Removing functionality, literally the function keys (headphone jack) for a gimmick like the touch bar (thinness) sounds pretty brave to me.

>USB C as only port could be seen as a step forward.
technically it's a Thunderbolt 3 port with a USB Type-C connector and Thunderbolt 3 can do among others "USB Only Mode" and "DisplayPort and USB Mixed Mode", which does USB 3.1 gen 2.
>Why Apple didn't chose to use a full on touchscreen and rewrite their macOS to take advantage of this, is beyond me.
explained here:
daringfireball.net/linked/2016/10/28/panzarino-touch-bar

>making a universal standard not universal
>step forward

people don't want fingerprints on their main screen

>full on touchscreen
you do realize that has failed for clam-shells and Microsoft wisely is only doing convertibles?

Imagine needing a separate device to connect a mouse to your "Pro" machine

bluetooth receivers are built in

sounds great

Apple could at least create a proper dock or port replicator.

Just look at this mess

apple.com/shop/mac/mac-accessories/power-cables?page=1#!&f=15_mbp_thdblt3_late2016&fh=4595+4804

>full on touchscreen
they have an iPad

A touch screen on a MacBook would be stupid and unusable

Apple uses open TB3 not some proprietary SurfaceConnect shit, so the free market can do that:
belkin.com/resources/img/overview/F4U095/Thunderbolt_doc_JPEG.jpg

>muh enviroment
>belkin

have some Dell

Brave is not an arguement, now fuck off.

Thunderbolt, my mistake. Credit where credit is due.
That article is basically a guy saying, I used a touchscreen once on a laptop and I didn't like it.
That's not an argument. There is a reason why touchscreen laptops are getting more and more popular.

noice
good point.
It's hard to do away with a keyboard. You cannot concider a convertible as the standart, because it simply isn't. It is a good compromise I give you that, I give you that.

Wouldn't it be cool to have a USB type C connector on the bottom of your laptop for a docking station? I'm just saying, the docking stations of business laptops is what I miss when I use a MAC. The ability to sit down and just place my laptop on a thing and not worry about shit.

>$299.99
What a bargain!

Also this

It also shows ads

>There is a reason why touchscreen laptops are getting more and more popular.
Intel mandated it for ultrabooks, so every ultrabook will have it, but no one uses it.
>It's hard to do away with a keyboard. You cannot concider a convertible as the standart, because it simply isn't. It is a good compromise I give you that, I give you that.
don't see any compromises in the surface pro 4 or surface book, those can be full-fletched laptops.
>That article is basically a guy saying, I used a touchscreen once on a laptop and I didn't like it.
>a guy
Gruber is Apple's surrogate, not some random guy.
but here have some direct quote from Steve Jobs
>We’ve done tons of user testing on this, and it turns out it doesn’t work. Touch surfaces don’t want to be vertical.
>It gives great demo but after a short period of time, you start to fatigue and after an extended period of time, your arm wants to fall off. it doesn’t work, it’s ergonomically terrible.
>Touch surfaces want to be horizontal, hence pads.

If you really want one (and can afford it), go for it. If you don't like it you can always return or sell it.

let's tell us how that will work
developer.apple.com/macos/touch-bar/
>On supported MacBook Pro models, the Touch Bar, above the keyboard, shows instances of the NSTouchBar class from the front-most app.
>There is no need, and no API, for your app to know whether or not there is a Touch Bar available. Whether your app is running on a machine that supports the Touch Bar or not, your app’s onscreen user interface (UI) appears and behaves the same way.
>The Touch Bar dims automatically and wakes when the user touches it. Do not show alerts in the Touch Bar, and do not use the Touch Bar for widgets.

what a kike, wow

As an ultrabook owner I can tell you it's a joy to use with web browsing.

Good point, I never used one, so I can't speak for those devices. They seem really awsome though.

A hinge on a laptop might be a counter argument. Like the lenovo X1 carbon. All of the features, non of the shill.

>A hinge on a laptop might be a counter argument. Like the lenovo X1 carbon. All of the features, non of the shill.
you mean the yoga.
but yes, those are all interesting convertibles and superior to clamshell w/ touchscreen. for example using a pen on a horizontal plane that isn't stable is pretty strange.

The X1 Carbon is the business variant. It's a pretty neat device.

Wait few years for non-apple copies and Linux DE integration

x1 carbon is just a clamshell
x1 yoga is the one with hinges
both are thinkpads, so business.

>literally the same garbage keyboard the MacBook™ has, but on a Pro© device
Macfags getting cucked again.

Oh, right.
I just looked up the specs for the YOGA. Damn impressive.

So isn't the takeaway that Apple want's to stick to a traditional clamshell? I don't disagree with that outright, but i think the touch bar isn't as usefull for productivity as it is blown up to be.

>I don't disagree with that outright, but i think the touch bar isn't as usefull for productivity as it is blown up to be.
it's not like touchscreens were welcomed with open arms.
i'll at least wait for actual reviews.

>thoughts
I'm thinking you're a troll so I'm gonna sage and command you for making me reply.

Making the screen a touchscreen would have been a better solution than putting in the Touch Bar, at least you could choose to use it or not.

When will the touch meme die?
I'm actually glad apple doesn't make a touch display laptop. It's fucking stupid. I don't want fingerprints on my screen.

To bad apple fucked up with that useless touch bar and awful keyboard design.

I see what your're doing here

Intel's Alpine Ridge Thunberbolt 3 controller is probably the highest quality USB C 3.1 Gen 2 controller. They know their shit.

>Wouldn't it be cool to have a USB type C connector on the bottom of your laptop for a docking station?
No because that means it has to be designed with a specific laptop in mind.

[spoiler]ESC[/spoiler]

>rewrite their macOS to take advantage of this

Because it would shit and bloated like W10