IT

IT

KEEPS

FUCKING

HAPPENING

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/?ghost=yes&task=search&search_text=stopped responding and has recovered&offset=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

IT

KEEPS

FUCKING

HAPPENING

Reinstall drivers. Also your card might be dying, depending on how old it is.

Also
>AMD

Maybe stop using an outdated OS and you won't have those problems.

Try switching to the open source drivers and see if that does you any... uh... any good... damn it.

I mean, it runs Crysis on High pretty swell like

But the moment I open Firefox

boom, get fucked lad

This seems to happen to all brands of GPUs. Sometimes things crash for seemingly unknown reasons but you can probably check the logs to get a better idea of what is causing it.

Maybe turn off hardware acceleration in Firefox?

AYYMD HAS NO DRIVERS

This sounds like it might have something to do with GPU switching (integrated/discrete). Set Firefox to use the discrete graphics card in AMD Catalyst Control Center. See if that fixes the problem.

yes rajesh, upgrading to Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 10(TM) Botnet Edition will surely fix AMD's shitty drivers

>AYYMD
Known problem of failfox by the way.

POOBLEM?

>windows
There you have it
Linux can't crash the display drivers because it doesn't have any.

>SJWFox
topkek

lol amd

Clean that shit, senpai.

This happens to me sometimes except the screen goes red without warning and my PC hangs

I fell for the AMD meme

It happens on Nvidia and Intel as well. Windows is just buggy shit.

Same for me. i guess firefox doesnt like amd on windows. Card works fine with firefox linux.

Anyone ever notice that AMD changelogs have a long list of games that crash but aren't fixed.

I have never seen Nvidia leave shit broken and warn everyone which games crash in a list in a change log.

Really makes you think.

Search for a registry fix that adds to the timeout delay for gpu drivers, that will probably help

So what you're saying is Nvidia provides no warning about what games may cause crashes?

wow

i hate you now

tripfag

kys

OP is obviously lying. Everyone knows that Windows just works, especially drivers for Windows.

Here

Browse to and then click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers".

4. Click New in the Edit menu list. From the drop-down menu, select QWORD (64-bit) value for the registry value for 64 bit Windows; for 32 bit Windows, select DWORD (32-bit) value. Then type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter. Double-click TdrDelay, add 8 for the Value data and click OK.

Ps reboot after, problem gone

No, I'm saying the driver developers fix them and don't have a backlog of broken games.

Can you prove that? You said they don't document crashes.

Crashing games are very rare with Nvidia, there isn't a backlog of crashing games because they get fixed lmao.

#damagecontrol

Nvidia's Vulkan implementation works.

AMD's Vulkan implementation is completely broken on linux and crashes in half the games that support Vulkan on Windows.

NVidia doesn't have a list of crashing Vulkan games because there fucking aren't any.

>Butthurt subhuman Pajeet strikes in and does it for free.

KYS

Well, what are you doing? Something ain't right, or you're triggering a crash somehow, and if you are, you'd be best off reporting it so it can get fixed.

You're doing it for free right now.

Never happened to me with Nvidia. Try harder animal.

Fix your shit man

I've had a 390X for over a year now and haven't had a single display driver crash.

It usually happens when you run a game using more VRAM than you have. Try lowering some texture settings, etc.

(You)

I guess Nvidia's release notes are lying. They actually have a section for every OS with known unresolved issues.

nv4_disp.dll has stopped working normally

You can check the archives if you want just look up:

warosu.org/g/?ghost=yes&task=search&search_text=stopped responding and has recovered&offset=0

You'll find plenty of Nvidia cards in there.

Personally I have an old ATI card and have had little trouble with it but I'm not going to pretend that AMD releases flawless drivers.

HOW DO I FIX THE RED SCREEN CRASH

FUCK PC GAMING IM GOING TO BUY A USED PS3

And here I am just enjoying my plug and play consoles while you babies have errors every single day, not compatible with this or this needs updating ,oh woops needs drivers for that.etc..
At least you guys can play at 4k120fps, like 1day out of the whole month

Stay pleb while the one or two out of bilions of pc gamers complain on a public forum.

>AMD
>windows

>One or two
Wew lad how's that red dead 2?

Wow you have that and Bloodborne. Did you buy a console for 2 entire games?

>2 entire games
user, I don't know where you learned to count but there are more numbers than that

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS user. THIS WILL FUCK YOUR CARD PERMANENTLY

People are more likely to voice their dissatisfaction compared with the millions that have no problem every day. You generalize and assume it is a widespread disaster just to feel good about your deprecated console (lol). For every (likely) PC illiterate that has issues, there are tens of millions of gamers with no issue.

If reinstall doesn't fix, RMA the card. It will only get worse.

Stop play blizzard games.

Sure user, why don't you look at the bf1 stats and tell me how many people are playing on "pc masterrace 144hz 4k"

>he still has firefox installed
>he didnt switch to Opera
sucks to be you

>Sure user, why don't you look at the bf1 stats and tell me how many people are playing on "pc masterrace 144hz 4k"

What about comparing against the million other games that work fine? Oh wait, that doesn't fit your narrative does it?

You NEED windows 10 user.

windows 7 will crash on you.

You misspelled Chrome

Oh you mean those broken early access games along with Indie games?

i know your pain. first and last AMD graphics i ever bought. i mostly have problems during installation and fan control never seems to work properly.
its not worth paying less for all this driver trouble

Just stop already you cherry-picking retard. You ain't winning the argument. We could look at all the unfinished, buggy mess console garbage that gets released but I can't be assed wasting my time on you. Go stick your controller up your ass and fuck off

Quit being a fucking faggot.

This sets the timeout delay for your gpu to 8 seconds (I actually recommend 10) instead of 2 so it has more time to recover.

I don't suggest it for anything other than troubleshooting since it's just a workaround though. Except minecraft. That shit is irreparable

>amd
>switchable graphics
most desktops don't support switchable graphics, and please dear god don't tell me that you bought a laptop with amd in it.

Opera is a better version of Chrome, retard.

This happens when you install a wrong driver on your system that was intended for another model of GPU. It fails to configure and execute the instructions causing a system wide crash.

I know this first hand when I tried to install the latest Intel HD driver on my HP laptop. Turns out HP have a custom made GPU which does not work with standard Intel drivers. So only HP drivers can configure my GPU which are outdated as fuck.

Owned a 380 since shortly after its release and I can't recall the graphics driver ever crashing. Getting your shit together.

stop lieying op, that didnt happen

>how can your display device recovery be real if your drivers arent real?