AMD Radeon RX 485, RX 475 & RX 465 Graphics Cards Possibly In The Works

>He bought a RX 480

wccftech.com/amd-polaris-revisions-performance-per-watt/

>Delayed gratification, or deferred gratification, is the ability to resist the temptation for an immediate reward and wait for a later reward.
>A growing body of literature has linked the ability to delay gratification to a host of other positive outcomes, including academic success, physical health, psychological health, and social competence.

I hope you're not an early adopter.

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-vega-10-4096-gcn/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I just picked up the RX 480 I've got 30 days to return it. Will this shit come out in the next 30 days?

According to the article it's probably going to be the start of next year that the revisions come out. Dat performance per watt tho

wccftech.com/amd-vega-10-4096-gcn/

I was about to get a GTX 1070, but I've read about Vega. Do I understand correctly, that in the next year AMD will roll out a new card in the 4xx line with performance matching 1070 or 1080?

From >AMD’s Vega 10 Debuting Before Year’s End – Features New V9 GCN Architecture

>Moving on to Vega 10, the GPU that most of you reading this are probably interested in. Vega 10 will be the very first GPU based on the company’s brand new GCN graphics architecture and 9th generation collection of visual IP. Vega 10 has been long in the making and we’ve heard so much about it over the past several months.

>The specifications for AMD’s upcoming flagship Radeon graphics card, Fury X successor, based on Vega 10 have been leaked on one of the company’s leading engineers’ LinkedIn page. Packing an impressive 4096 next generation V9 cores and an unbelievable 12 teraflops of compute performance. Putting it ahead of Nvidia’s top dog the $1200 GTX TItan X.

OK, but currently this is still speculation, correct?
Also, what kind of price could we expect from Vega GPUs? Will there be one for ~400$, with roughly the performance of 1070 or 1080?

if true fuck yeah, RX480s will be cheap as fuck, or you can save like 10W.

but we need RX490's

I suppose we'll find out in November.

>12 teraflops
i'll believe that when i see it.

>November
Where did you get that from?

12 teraflops with no proper drivers :^)

this

we've got a new bitcoin king though

also nvidia is going to shit its pants in 3-4 years when DX11 dies out

Do AMD drivers still have problems?
Should I go Nvidia if I want stability?
>bitcoin
>gpgpu
>2016
Pick at most 2.

>Nvidia
>drivers
haha I fucking bought a 1060 6gb nvidia just trying out nvidias shit. SHit ran like fucking garbage absolutely SHIT stuttering massive frame rate drops. I found out that the fucking assholes can't fix there god damn drivers. I was getting fucking massive fps drops in 10yr old fucking games. Fuck nvidia.

>bought a shit card
>surprised it's shit

The card itself wasn't bad its the fucking shit driver support by nvidia.

Yes the card is shit. Non shit pascals are 1070, 1080 and TITAN.

I have a 390 now, so I'm probably going to just wait until 590 or thereabouts.

card is good enough according to reviews?

It's shit.

>hat in the next year AMD will roll out a new card in the 4xx line with performance matching 1070 or 1080?
maybe
but expect them to cost just as much, and or under perform significantly
just get a 1070 on sale now if you want good performance, vega is still a ways away.

1070 has pretty shit performance/cost ratio, especially for GPGPU. RX 480 is better, but it has low performance in general, so if there was a card twice as good as RX 480 for twice as much I would get it.

>wccftech.com/amd-vega-10-4096-gcn/
>wccftech

>high end gpu
>good price to performance
no. get that shit out of your head

Should I get 2x480 then?

People complain about AMD drivers but the drivers for my 980 have killed fallout 3 & new vegas since june, I have to roll back to a much older version to have it work

As I see it the only reason for crossfire is when you want more gpu power after a year or 2 and you can buy an extra (used) card for cheap.
Otherwise it's not worth the hassle

>WCCFTech
Get out.

Nvidia's drivers have been complete shit this year. Even just a couple of weeks ago they botched one and had to rush out a hotfix a couple of days later. More driver releases doesn't equal better drivers. I don't even know why I bother updating my 980 Ti, since they only optimise for Pascal now anyway.

rajeeshtech is never accurate

absolutely not.
NEVER do multi gpu solutions unless there is nothing better available

I wish that was true, meaning I could get the EVGA 1080Ti cheap.

How does a 485x tomorrow help me today?

Where the fuck is the 490 reee

that aint no benchmark i ever herd of nigger.

as long as theres a decent upgrade path for my 390 and i5 4590 ill go pure AMD

amd cards are just king of compute

Which is why only buttcoin miners use them while all the important shit like Deep Learning and video rendering uses CUDA

I use my 2 hd7970s with BOINC as a space heater sometimes

Premiere Pro uses both cuda and Opencl, Davinci Resolve hs better render times with Opencl

I upgraded from a 7850 2GB, I'm fine, the refresh is only going to be 10% faster

if nothing else I can get an RX 470 super cheap and crossfire it with my RX 480 soon

Vega will be using HBM2, it'll probably end up about 40% faster than a Fury X at minimum

CUDA is an API for compute
CUDA is already irrelevant outside of the few Nvidia libraries out there and legacy stuff, pretty much everything is done in OpenCL nowadays
That's mostly because CUDA is deprecated, most effort is going towards OpenCL development

I'll never upgrade my 290X at this rate

390x owner here shit is comfy

Mah Hawaii bros
290 checking in

>gpgpu
is this the current buzzword? have we moved on from ASIC?

Did you sleep the last 10 years or something m8?
Also, ASIC has never have anything to do with GPGPU, ASIC's aren't General Purpose by definition
Oh wait, you're thinking about buttcoin mining, how fucking retarded can you get holy shit

no I'm talking about gayming autists spewing shit about how their card has a 92% ASIC value so that means that they can overclock it more.

what is actually made in OpenCL?
I know that nVidia has bought out MetalRay from Autodesk to make it CUDA compatible, I have not hear of one OpenCL renderer for example.

What specific ASIC are you talking about?
Calculator MCU is by definition an ASIC.

This. Driver quality for my 680 has gone down since upgrading to 10. Shadowplay constantly crashes too, it's like they're half assing it.

GPU-Z has a test that determines the "quality" of a chip, they higher it was the higher it overclocked according to them
They called it ASIC quality for some unknown reason, that's what he refers to

>amd's last card was only as powerful as a gtx 970 oc
>next card they make is more powerful than a Titan pascal
>wcctech

Allow me to express my doubts.

>AMD's last card was intended as a low end card
>it performs as the last gen mid ranger
>somehow this means they can't make a high end card
Allow me to express my retardation

>dual GPU
>when you care abou cost to performance
lmao
the best price to performance RN is probably either RX 470 or GTX 1060

>I have not hear of one OpenCL renderer for example.
Cycles, Luxrender.

You're pretty much wrong on all counts.
GPU-Z isn't performing any test to determine that value. The ASIC quality is a value the GPU itself determines in a self check on boot and records to a small bank of registers, GPU-Z is just reading what is recorded there.
The metric doesn't tell you necessarily anything about how a card overclocks.

Generally higher leakage dies can hit higher clocks. These are what GPU-Z would show as having a lower % rating
Generally lower leakage dies can operate at lower drive voltages, but may not hit as high of clocks. These dies would have a higher rating.

You know what,

I've gotten my hopes up for AMD cards so many times, because Sup Forums always hypes them into oblivion.

Fury X was going to shit on Nvidia, it didn't.

Then Polaris would be 980/980ti level, it ended up being in between 970/980 level with the same power draw as a 1070, which is 980ti level.

This time, I'm not going to hype the cards as much anymore, that will only lead to disappointment.

I expect the big Vega card to be slightly slower than the 1080ti, which will inevitably come, while being less power efficient.

That seems like a reasonable expectation based on how the 14nm process is working out for AMD so far and based on the past.

Ofcourse that's not what alot of AMD fanboys want to believe, they always speak about that next card that will blow Nvidia away, have you noticed it's always just around the corner.

Learn from the past, stop overhyping cards.

>It didn't
It does now.
Fury X shits on 980ti in recent games, especially if they dare to use DX12 - but even without DX12, Fury X is pulling ahead.

>Sup Forums always hypes them into oblivion.
This is just unfounded fanboyism, you're listening to retards.
The RX 480 was billed from the very beginning as an entry level VR card. Oculus themselves have the GTX 970 and R9 290 listed as the minimum recommended GPUs.
This is exactly where the RX 480 performs.

AMD themselves say one thing, hopelessly retarded fanboys say another. It is always like this.

>Fury X shits on 980ti in recent games
In a few games, and in many others, the 980ti shits on the fury x, stop being a dumbass fanboy

>hopelessly retarded fanboys say another. It is always like this.
Which was exactly my point

FuryX did what it needed to do, become Titan X competition, problem was that GTX980Ti fucked both cards in the ass, not that AMD failed.

Polaris wasn't supposed to be anything that it's not, it was always advertised as VR ready card for cheap, nothing else. You took info from WCC and got hyped, that is your problem.

Can you try and be fucking rational for once in you pathetic life?

>FuryX did what it needed to do, become Titan X competition
Which isn't enough, since there is a 980ti, and there will be a 1080ti this time

>Can you try and be fucking rational for once in you pathetic life?

I find it amuzing that people can actualy get this worked up over a discussion on graphics cards. You must be a very unhappy person

this

I'm upgrading from an ati hd2400 pro to a gtx 1060, is enough delayed for you?

it means I'm very passionate person not unhappy, you wouldn't know what passion and happy is tho.

>putting together a dual STRIX rx 480 rig today when mail delivers

I can't wait damnit

I literally bought a 480 5 days ago...

AMDshitters must be the healthiest people in the world because they never buy anything

Just wait

>it means I'm very passionate
You mean you're a fanboy, who would have guessed

Only interesting if you are gamign at max. FullHD.

But anyways, all those are shitty rebrands in the end.

If AMD doesn't manage to bring out RX580/RX590 (and they better be good performance-effiency wise) before the refreshment of Nvidia's Pascal cards, I am going with Nvidia.

When pascal comes out AMD fans will be able to wait for the revision of pascal. AMD users REALLY love waiting.

That was not Nvidia's fault but Microsoft, that's what you get for being a Windows 10 cuck.

Those two games also crash on AMD hardware.

>AMD drivers not working with windows 10 is AMD's fault
>nvidia's drivers not working with windows 10 is Microsoft's fault

holy shit are you fucking retarded or what

Do you always update Windows 10 without checking the fucking logs?

The Windows 10 update broke Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

>bought R9 390 5 days before RX480 dropped for $100 less then RX480
>people said 480 would be the better buy
>tfw

future graphic card owners will never know the comfy feeling of running GPU benchmarks to warm up their feet-heaters

>Bethesda's pajeet coding is AMD's, Nvidia's or Microsoft's fault

can't wait for my 1050 ti!! nvidia all the way!!

Funny that the AMD 7970 card is years old with no Nvidia cards it competed with nor the next generation from Nvidia either on there competing with it. Sad how bad Nvidia cards are after a year. Drivers shit and the hardware doesn't last unless you buy the absolute best.

>0.1Rupee have been deposited to your Nvidia Gaming™ Pro™ account Mr. Rasheesh.

HD 7970 was also a fucking solid card to begin with.

7970 and 7950 were beasts. They still are if you have them.

>It's an everyone gets hyped up for an AMD card and then it actually comes out and it's a pile of garbage episode

Then it's a pile of garbage. Who the fuck cares? Fanboying doesn't pay unless you are sponsored.

the 1050 ti is a great card ya know?

One day it will be good.

I have a GTX 1060 with the latest Driver and it works like a charm.

> frame drops on 10+ years old games
This isn't an issue that a better card or a better driver would solve. You should feel lucky for driving an old game at a sustainable fps level.

It's in a pretty terrible spot price/performance-wise. 470 is only $30 more and performs MUCH better.

not on my country, nvidia is cheaper than it's amd counterparts for some reason

It leaked out of linkedin which generally is correct, so probably legit.

I'm curious if the "490" if that exists is a 4 site HBM or 8 site, because a 8 site HBM is pretty god damn expensive for a 490 tier card. I suppose 6 site could be possible?

Tfw i got 280x barely used for 140€ back in 2014. Still no reason to upgrade

>Paid $153 for a 480
Doesn't feel bad senpai

Yea. Anyone with an i5 7950/280/380 on special hasn't had to upgrade in years. I still have a 2500k machine running and a 4690k.

I might pair it with a good zen cpu if they offer something good and cheap, but otherwise im waiting for as long as i can