GMOs are bad

>GMOs are bad
>Nuclear power is bad

Which one of those groups is the worst?

Other urls found in this thread:

phys.org/news/2016-01-energy-approach-nonrenewable.html
sciencemag.org/news/2016/03/five-years-after-meltdown-it-safe-live-near-fukushima
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_due_to_the_Chernobyl_disaster
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3428689/What-fruit-vegetables-look-like-Researchers-banana-watermelon-changed-dramatically-ancestors-ate-them.html
extremetech.com/extreme/171660-1-megawatt-cold-fusion-power-plant-now-available-yours-for-just-1-5-million
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2622830/Millions-eating-halal-food-without-knowing-How-big-brand-shops-restaurants-sell-ritually-slaughtered-meat-dont-label-it.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_fusion
aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2013/03/201332813553729250.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

anti-vac

Nuclear power wouldn't be bad if it was fusion

nuclear power is bad is the worst
GMOs are just dumbcunts who wont eat some foods
anti-nuclear are actual fucktards who are slowing down serious technical advancement

nuclear, as genetic copyright and legal protection of seeds and breeding rights is absolutely ridiculous, no matter how beneficial GMOs are there's a legal aspect of it that should be changed
You can say no all you want to nuclear power, but all that will do is move new nuclear plants away from cities, there's too much opposition from other forms of power (hydroelectric kills fish populations, gas pollutes, wind is expensive/useless, solar isn't subsidized enough and won't be effective in an urban setting)

They tend to overlap user.

>gmo's are just dumbcunts who won't eat some foods
anti-gmo are driving the market to produce in a less sustainable way that hurts the poor and in the more extreme areas make people starve

The GMO people
Nuclear has done less harm to the environment than fossil fuels, but it has done some harm.
GMOs have literally only brought benefits.

>wind is expensive/useless
wind is actually pretty good by now, there are situations where you could say that it's straight up the most financially viable.

Both are bad, but antivaxxers are definitively bad.

My usual response:
>GMOs are bad
Oh, so you want poor people to starve, is that it? You entitled shit

>Nuclear power is bad
Oh, so you want poor people to choke on toxic fumes, is that it? You entitled shit

>Vaccines are bad
Oh, so you want babies to die from curable diseases, is that it? You entitled shit

>Climate change is a hoax
Oh, so you want third worlders to be climate refugees, is that it? You entitled shit

I like this. It slaps their righteous left-wing dick right in their own faces.

They're diffidently cheaper than ever before but still I haven't seen a single wind turbine pay itself off with upkeep and maintenance
Plus even if they perfected it it's still a regional thing

>genetic copyright and legal protection of seeds and breeding rights is absolutely ridiculous, no matter how beneficial GMOs are there's a legal aspect of it that should be changed
this

if anything, the anti-gmo movement has brought some tastier breeds of plants back into the light
the gmo stuff is becoming kind of bland and samey to appeal to the broadest groups

still stupid to believe it's anything but superior product nutrition, safety, and efficiency wise though

>Climate refugees
Refugees don't have citizen rights, right? Only the universal human doctrine of no slavery/murder/rape right? It won't be long before citizens step in, and then America will be in "political turmoil" and I could be a refugee, get a sweet place across the pond for free

phys.org/news/2016-01-energy-approach-nonrenewable.html

>left-wing
Actually, both antivaxxers and anti-Mosanto fucktards are pretty prevalent among Trump supporters

>Refugees
>no slavery/murder/rape
europoor here, that's not how refugees work

>GMOs are bad
Oh, so you want poor people to starve, is that it? You entitled shit

They starve anyway because exporting food into their countries kills their subsistence farms.

But being liberal is also prevalent with trump supporters

Sure, let's just set off a fusion reaction, that'll be fucking dandy.

I'm not even sure what your point is, I don't particularly like economic migrants (aka """"refugees"""") that try to exploit the welfare systems in Europe, but I also don't particularly like the obviously bought politicians that are denying climate change because huge oil and coal companies have financed their political campaigns.

That's how the universal human doctrine goes globally, I'm asking if legally classified refugees get citizen rights of the country they're residing in

I wish I had friends and family like you

Sure lets just set off a splitting reaction, that'll be awesome

I never understood why non-legal immigration is such a huge deal when we're welcoming non-legal immigrants with open arms because their country sucks
It sucks everywhere, why can't refugees move somewhere close by and cheap?

Shouldn't you be writing to CERN about how their experiments risk making a black hole that would swallow Earth?

honestly neither is that bad except in they way they operate, GMO's not doing enough testing/unethical companies, nuclear power in not considering cleaner fuel sources/methodologies or just general ineptitude.

>It sucks everywhere, why can't refugees move somewhere close by and cheap?
Because why would you, when you've heard from your cousin about magic fairy tale country somewhere in northern europe where they GIVE YOU MONEY for being unemployed

I actually don't blame legal and illegal migrants/refugees for trying to come to my country, but I expect my government to inform them that only refugees that risk prosecution and death in their home countries are welcomed.

Nuclear is well understood by now.
We know what the dangers are and how to make it safe the most of the time.
When an accident happens, people get an emotional response and then there is a big pull to either remove it or scale it back.

GMO covers a lot of different things.
There is produced a lot of new foods all the time and long term testing every aspect of this is very hard and often limited to the people who makes it.
The fear here is more constant. I am not aware of any cases where deceases has been linked to the modifications of the foods, so I assume that the fear stems from the lack of information. It is very hard to claim that no GMO food is bad, so for some people that means all GMO food is bad.

Nuclear is literally as clean as it gets, the only offput is hot steam and the depleted material gets locked up in a safe container and buried underground, where the radioactive shit was in the first place

Depends on host country. Generally they get every aid and support citizens would and then some, but they don't have the right to vote. So no, they are not citizens.

They usually do. Turkey, for example, have 6 million Syrian refugees (about twice as much as entire Europe). It's just that Syrians are treated like subhumans by the kebabs.

To paraphrase Orwell - all countries suck, some just suck more than the others.

Is this on the Polish border?

GMOS have been found to mutate our cells

GMOs are bad because they force small farmers out of the market, limit genetic variability in crops for a few seedless strains so farmers can't replant without going back to the seed company. they also allow for far more pesticides to be sprayed meaning the food is actually far worse for you simp0ly due to the in creasing amount of chemicals used on it to keep bugs away.

beyond that plants will grow so fast they are moistly starch and have little nutrient quality left.

Also, there are reactors that can burn through most of the depleted material too. And there are totally safe reactors, that will cool down on their own in the event of catastrophic failure.

Also, the typical argument is "but how will we store it?!!!!" is void. France has had 80% of its power from nuclear power since the 70s, and all the combined waste from 40 years doesn't even fill a basket ball court-sized room.

>Oh, so you want poor people to starve, is that it?
yes
more food just makes more poor people

Yup. Czech has holes in their side of the road.

They thought it was safe in Tjernobyl too, they also thought it was Safe in Japan
>b-but it won't happen again
Yeah sure

>they force small farmers out of the market
That's a good thing. Subsidising small farmers because they want to have a non-viable hobby is bad.

>limit genetic variability in crops for a few seedless strains
That's objectively false, as most GMOs are aimed at higher survival rates and higher reproducibility.

>they also allow for far more pesticides to be sprayed meaning the food is actually far worse
That's also wrong, because of the above. Surviving means also resistance against insects and diseases.

Anti-Nuclear Power dumbcunts are the worst. If nuclear power is done right it can be super environmentally friendly so I don't see the problem. Anti-GMO people just don't eat some foods so I don't care. Just anti-nuclear power people get on my tits.

euh germany doesn't border czechia

>Nuclear has done less harm to the environment than fossil fuels

Fukushima's nightmare will last forever.

Nice oxymoron.

>They thought it was safe in Tjernobyl too,
They didn't

> they also thought it was Safe in Japan
They didn't. Also, Japan *is* safe. The measured radiation levels are well within the acceptable levels for longterm exposure.

In both cases, human error were to blame. Also, neither were so-called generation 3 reactors. And in both cases, the meltdowns were LOCAL disasters. Less than 80 people died in Tjernobyl, and no one died in Fukushima.

More people have died from hydroelectric plants than have ever died from nuclear power.

cant we just shoot it into the sun?

>Fukushima's nightmare will last forever.
No, it will not.

sciencemag.org/news/2016/03/five-years-after-meltdown-it-safe-live-near-fukushima

>More people have died from hydroelectric plants than have ever died from nuclear power.
No shit, because we have more people working at hydroelectric plants

>czechia
Nice try Czech Rep. government.

Search your heart, you know it to be true

What about thoriumreactors?

Too expensive and the environmental benefit would be lost in burning all that rocket fuel.

There is no need to though. As I said, the accumulated waste of France's entire nuclear power program doesn't even fill a basket ball court-sized room.

This.

And unironically the reason for the European refugee crisis is... *drumroll*: SMARTPHONES.

Would these fuckers even know about unemployment benefits if it wasn't for their retarded cousins texting them about it? No.

Would these fuckers even remotely know how to get to Europe or how to find people that will get them to Europe without GPS and texting? No.

Can't really blame for taking the most opportunistic way of handling their situation... About the opposite of what my country's (and neighboring country's) government are doing.

I think you're confusing Cecenia and Czechia. Common mistake, one is right next to Russia, the other wants to.

Sauce?

You also know what's been found to mutate your cells? Your own cells and their DNA replication.

>That's a good thing
no its not, it kills the yeoman farmer in favor of huge mega-farms producing massive amounts of a single crop, this is very bad for both the soil quality (meaning there needs to be more and more chemicals put in to make it fertile, but this can only go on for so long) and for the possibility of disease since no genetic engineering will make a plant strain 100% immune to everything forever, and if something comes along that wipes out our Corn or whatever then our food supply all dies.

GMOs certainly are not genetically diverse, they are single strains most often produced on massive scales, this both limits product availability for different tastes and again makes crops sustainable to total die-offs.
beyond this it puts our entire livelyhood in the hands of a few conglomerates which is a very bad idea for sustainability and pricing.

you don't know jack shit, just parroting the typical positivist line about GMOs, they most certainly spray them far more simply because they are engineered to be able to withstand more pesticides without dying, this is the biggest reason for GMOs and their survivability, not any genetic trickery. beyond that now they can have the pesticides within the plant as well as on the skin meaning you can't just peel your fruit to get rid of it.

>only counting the people that died
>not counting the hundreds of people that got or will get sick from the radiation exposure and the shitton of economic damage it caused

Humanity's nightmare is wildlife's paradise, see Chernobyl.

you're ignoring the fact that they have raised the "acceptable limits" multiple times because fish and crabs across the pacific are coming back way above previous limits and fisheries were complaining.

Human death is NOT why hydroelectric power is bad, building dams in the 40's with minimal safety caused that. Hydroelectric power is amazing, cheap and sustainable and pollution-free, where I live all we have is hydroelectric power and we literally have the cheapest resident power on this half of the earth, but the real problem is the death of fish
Dams and backed up resevoirs make it so salt/fresh fish like salmon never find the downspout to the ocean to grow up. Even with fish ladders and fish tubes in the dam the problem is actually the reservoirs. Look at any place where fans have been for a while, you'll see that up to 90% of salmon populations are flat-out gone die to dams

I'd say Climate Change/Global Warming deniers are the worst, interestingly enough the overlap with Trump supporters. Really makes you think

>sending significant amounts of earth's matter into space to never return
This is what will be the end of our planet

Eels are going extinct because of dams

This

>>not counting the hundreds of people that got or will get sick from the radiation
The 80 people from tjernobyl IS including these people. No one died in the initial fire, less than 80 people died from acute radiation poisoning or long term effects of exposure to radiation.

>yeoman farmer in favor of huge mega-farms producing massive amounts of a single crop
Good thing.

> this is very bad for both the soil quality (meaning there needs to be more and more chemicals put in to make it fertile
This is just plain wrong.

>they most certainly spray them far more
This is just outright wrong, and you're either lying or severely misinformed.

>mutated giant albino deer dragging themselves across the shards of broken burnt trees

ever heard about meteorites? every year we get over 300 tons of minerals from them

That is based on the assumption that everyone who will get sick from the radiation is known right now and there will be no effects that only present themselves in the future, that is a huge assumption.

>where I live all we have is hydroelectric power
Norway?

Because if it is, I have some information for you.

No holmes I'm from idaho

No, it's not. You're making assumptions about the assumptions.

The complete list of casualties include people who died from unnatural causes (such as heart failure) where no direct link was even found, just that they had been in proximity of Chernobyl at the time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_due_to_the_Chernobyl_disaster

You don't get it, read it again, I'm not just talking about Tjernobyl also about Japan

Okay, because we almost exclusively rely on hydroelectric power here, and while that energy is cheap, we sell most of the power to Europe during the summer and then have to buy expensive gas and coal power back during the winter.

if GMOs kill small mammals I'm not taking the risk on humans

>inb4 hurr durr no proof on humans
It's not been properly tested durr

I don't eat GMOs.

No one died at Fukushima. No one will die because of Fukushima. No one will get any diseases because Fukushima and after five fucking years it's proven safe to live there.

Says some anonymous guy on Sup Forums

I've been feeding my small mammals GMOs for years
And the most famous GMO of all, corn, is fed to pretty much all livestock (even though all livestock prefers grass, corn is actually cheaper than grass)

Says the fucking government of Japan and also several independent studies, but I guess they're a bunch of liars that hate Trump and secretly shills for Hillary, am I right?

Lets see those studies

I eat GMOs all the time, I never got died.

>properly tested
Everybody in any modernized locations has been eating GMOs for decades

Remember DDT, the miraculous pesticide?

thanks for your input Mr. Monsanto.

Fuck GMO's and anyone who backs them, fucking idiots. We can't cure the common cold yet we can engineer our foods? no thanks, I'll stick to the food the way nature intended it. I hope you GMO shills get cancer.

ANd people of countries that have introduced GMO are getting all kinds of diseases, more so than those countries that has banned them

Also terminator seeds you fucking turbo nigger.

Only fucking plebs and ludites eat GMO.

Cold fusion is cool though.

there are no liberals in the US
there are leftists and there are hardcore leftists

DDT was known to be unsafe in the fucking 60s. It's just that lobbyists paid politicians to say otherwise. Know who's the biggest opponents against GMOs in today? Pesticide vendors.

>Cold fusion is cool though.
It's also a scifi meme and not even remotely feasible as of today, where we can't even get viable "hot" fusion reactors to work energy efficiently.

>ANd people of countries that have introduced GMO are getting all kinds of diseases, more so than those countries that has banned them
That's wrong though.

Also what countries have "banned" them?

>Also terminator seeds you fucking turbo nigger.
Typical anti GMO scaremongering

>luddites
Ironic, since luddites were opposed to technology.

>we can't change our genetic code to be able to resist a virus that tailored itself to humans, and even if we could MUH MORALS would halt all research
>that somehow implies we can't modify food
jesus christ, shouldn't you be in your amish village

>ANd people of countries that have introduced GMO are getting all kinds of diseases, more so than those countries that has banned them

Interesting, have any citations?

>We can't cure the common cold
We can though, it's just too expensive compared to the cost of having a cold.

>I'll stick to the food the way nature intended it
Humans have been modifying food since forever.

Link very related: dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3428689/What-fruit-vegetables-look-like-Researchers-banana-watermelon-changed-dramatically-ancestors-ate-them.html

>It's also a scifi meme
>just a scifi meme

Kys, skiddie

extremetech.com/extreme/171660-1-megawatt-cold-fusion-power-plant-now-available-yours-for-just-1-5-million

Well, the worst thing about GM foods is that they don't even tell you if the food contains GMO. Most contain ingredients which contain GMOs but never state it. It's kind of like going to some restaurant like Burger King or whatever and then it turns out you've been eating halal meat.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2622830/Millions-eating-halal-food-without-knowing-How-big-brand-shops-restaurants-sell-ritually-slaughtered-meat-dont-label-it.html

ITT people falling for anti GMO bait

>We can't cure the common cold
yes we can, the problem is that "the common cold" is like a billion million different diseases
We'll be creating humans from scratch and travel the stars before "curing the common cold"

>extremetech.com

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_fusion

>Cold fusion is a hypothesized type of nuclear reaction that would occur at, or near, room temperature.
>hypothesized type of nuclear reaction

Lol so you have no argument??

Just say youropponent is wrong without anything to back it up. Typical shill tactics.

You monsanto shills are literal cancer.

aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2013/03/201332813553729250.html

That's because it brings unnecessary fear since there is no science that backs up that GMOs are bad. It's like labeling everyone here a "Sup Forums user" in the real world.