Can someone redpill me on why debian is now associated with SJWs?

Can someone redpill me on why debian is now associated with SJWs?

Other urls found in this thread:

debian.org/vote/2016/vote_001_quorum.log
wiki.debian.org/DebianReleases
wiki.haskell.org/Haskell_logos/New_logo_ideas
github.com/WebAssembly/design/issues/112
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not. SJWs can't survive in environments where there are no paid positions to sustain themselves/black mail people out of.

We've all made the switch.

this

probably the introduction of its non-discrimination policy which is really not that big of a deal desu

Enjoying "Beta" Jessie release? With Stretch coming out soon you are likely to always be a generation behind debian stable. Since debian stable is already old as fuck you are going to have barely any application support outside of the repo by anyone.

This. There is literally nothing sjw wise in debian. If they ever do something serious I will switch to freebsd.

What did he mean by this

Literally nothing wrong with SJW's

JUST

>2016
>not voting for Jill stein.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Christ

Was gonna put Debian on my grandpa's laptop

#NEVER DEBIAN

3 ("bug" request)

"bugfix"

No one cares about the sjw developers. Its not like you are giving them money by using it.

Yes. Stop donating to debian

How do political views affect free software or software in general?

i'm 43. so nothing else but to use ubuntu. no time for arch desu

Donate? no. Use. Yes its a great distro.

>43
>"desu"
I like anime myself but you are too old for this

what happened to firefox?

>43
>Sup Forums

what the fuck

>Use
no, they are probably busy removing "man"pages right now

>i'm 43
>desu

Only us millennials can use that word gramps.

>firefox
That was not political views, that was just retarded design.

>too old for this

>contact point for Debian event organizers willing to have an anti-harassment policy.

It is for events and it is not mandatory (hence the willing).

Reading comprehension: F

as long as it does'nt effect product they could be satanists for all I care.

Tfw Jill Stein is against nuclear power and thinks wifi is a health hazard.

Do you think you stop liking the things you like when you get older?

k

Satanists would be preferable, as they're just edgy libertarians.

you were like 30 when Sup Forums first became a thing

end yourself now

Ok you know what I was wrong. Fuck them and the horse they rode in on. I will go freebsd on the next release when they support my wifi card.

>Tfw Jill Stein is against nuclear power and thinks wifi is a health hazard.
sause?

>shitting on slackware
I want 39 BMI to leave.

They could be Sup Forums and I still wouldn’t care.

>Freebsd
Randi harper says hi
I like Arch/Antergos

I'm not even him. I'm 30 now though, and don't see any reason why I wouldn't still be using Sup Forums in 10 years if it's still around.

>Debian has 1023 developers
>one is a SJW

DEBIAN IS SJW!!!

Not linking to that site, but she did an AMA on leddit.

>one
ok rakesh

How many are SJWs then?

Considering Debian is pretty much the SJW magnet the number can't be determined

kek. Don't really care though. The freebsd license and community is pretty libertarian. I could just fork freebsd and sell it for money if I wanted. And the security is good enough I could probably just ignore future releases if I wanted.

>I could just fork freebsd and sell it for money if I wanted.

GPL allows you to do that as well btw.

>Sees SJWs in debian
"lol use freebsd but no interned XDD"
>Sees SJWs in freeBSD
"lul idc :DDD"

Get out

>Sees someone that uses freebsd I don't like.

Show me that women has any power over the freebsd community and I will reconsider.

>the security is good enough

>Considering Debian is pretty much the SJW magnet the number can't be determined

How have you reached this conclusion if the number of SJWs in Debian can't be determined? Surely for this to be the case Debian would have to have a vastly bigger percentage of SJWs than other communities, which could only be proved by determining how many SJWs there are in Debian.

How many of these: debian.org/vote/2016/vote_001_quorum.log are SJWs?

>muh social voting
All of them

apperently your wifi card doesn't have any power in freebsd

FreeBSD also has "social voting", are they SJWs as well?

Which is why I am not going to use the current release. I will use the next one.

They have killallmen tier ""devs"" so yeah, it's worse

Debian has always been about inclusion and tolerance. It has always been about ethics. None of this is new. The link posted here is for events and is, as ever, entirely optional.

But please, keep getting triggered every time the SJW boogeyperson does something that upsets your delicate sensibilities.

debian is mainly used in two flavors, stable and testing.

The jessie/stable branch (aka debian 8) is the default version when you install it. Obviously, stability is its main focus, and this comes at the expense of new features. For example, Jessie runs on linux kernel 3.16, which was released in August 2014, but Jessie wasn't officially released until August 2015. This kind of stability is really useful for people who run servers, where the point of them is to run without a hitch for years at a time. However, retards like criticise it and complain about being generations behind on things because they don't value stability as much as new features. I should point out that updates to software on stable do come out, but theyre bugfix and security updates, rather than new features.

For people who want the latest stuff (aka desktop users), they can use debian stretch/testing (aka debian 9), which has much more up to date software. Currently it runs Linux 4.7 (released July 2016). The linux project is about to release 4.9, so it's still a little bit behind, but that's because the debian maintainers still care about stability. After all, testing is the staging area for the next version of stable. Ubuntu is built on top of the testing branch of debian, because testing is still quite good and up to date, but they also add some custom stuff on top (like an even newer kernel 4.8 in ubuntu 16.10).

When debian 9 (stretch) is "released", jessie will become oldstable, stretch will become stable, and a new branch (buster) will be created for testing. There's also a branch called sid/unstable which is a staging area for testing.

TL:DR:
sees that jessie running stuff older than on his favorite distro so he think's its garbage, despite that the debian project's goals for jessie was never to be up to date in the first place.

wiki.debian.org/DebianReleases

Good post.
+1

I am currently running debian jessie. I simple noted it being marked as "beta" on devuan implicates how far behind that distro is. Since I value stability I will never install a "beta" distro such as devuan.

>letting people contribute to a project
isn't that the whole point of free software ?
Are you telling me that you are AGAISNT free(dom) stuff ?

you know what? i completely misread your post and who you were replying to. my b senpai.

>most of our work are in tech
>but if you are racially diverse we will accpt you even if you don't expertise in tech

Social Justice Warriors are cowards that leech onto weaker people to progress their agendas. This field attracts a lot of people with issues. Sometimes they're desperate numales that allow blue-haired land whales to waddle over them. We clearly have enough of them that it affects us all.

Notice how these people don't go after musicians or people of that nature. Especially rappers. The whole genre doesn't give a fuck about your SJW bullshit. They'll tell you to fuck off, but this field has allowed them to cuckhold us and ruin our environment. Don't stand for it. I personally don't use Linux, but if you allow this to progress, it WILL destroy our field.

This is why places like Sup Forums are crucial to the world. You might not like them, but they do more good than you can imagine. If they don't do what they do, we'll be left with a Nazi-like country where even triggering someone can land you in jail.

How do you read 'expertise in other areas' to mean 'racially diverse'? Please grow up

Thats fine I understand. We are all on the same side anyway.

Have you seen firefox and gnome? Case and fucking point

due to the fact that linux and freebsd are being taken over by social justice warriors, I'll just embrace our indian overlords and switch to windows server in the future.

It's more of a concern that they will eventually take over and take away "free(dom) stuff". I am fine with them contributing useful code and even the odd page about "male privilage". But if they start pushing special controls to restrict what the user can do we got a problem. For example if the the os decides to do "rm -R /" if you type "nigger" to often I am out.

>SJW boogeyperson

*looks at election and CNN*
Yeah totally just a "boogeyperson" guys. If you complain about SJWs you are literally a misogynist nazi like drumpf.

as long as the contributions people make are better for the project, why does it matter that they aren't neckbeards? There are a lot of tasks that could be done by people without a traditional education in tech. Maybe if people who were good at UI and UX design weren't shunned for not being tech experts we'd actually have a chance of desktop linux taking off?

And if anyone is being harassed, why wouldn't you want to make it easy for them to contact harassment moderators?

All these anti-harassment changes posted here can be boiled down to "don't be an asshole" yet neckbeards get so triggered when they see them.

I don't agree with him thinking that "expertise in other areas" means "racially diverse", but
>please grow up
Literally not an argument.

Lol I'm not the one losing my shit because debian has a wiki page on anti-harassment

>muh shunning
>muh harassment
>muh neckbeards
defending fat blue-haired lesbians (legbeards) on the internet won't get you laid, friend.

>we'd actually have a chance of desktop linux taking off
The UI on linux is fine. Gnome and the new KDE look even better than wangblows. the reason it isn't taking off is due to a barrier into the market and lack of advertising. Linux won't get any attraction if Office, Photoshop, and other crap doesn't work on it.

>legbeards

Yeah instead you're losing your shit because of what someone said on Sup Forums. Sad!

>his argument has so little substance he has to use >muh memes

I agree, desktops have gotten quite nice. My point though, was that there's always room for improvement. Shutting off contributions from anyone based on their technical background or gender or whatever, rather than the merit of the contributions themselves, is idiotic.

fun fact: claiming harassment on the internet is usually just a SJW tactic used to get rid of people who don't share their views

What's your point? The anti-harassment page on the debian wiki is for organising events, where harassment can and has happened in the past. I'm not saying it happens at every event, but since it is a non-zero possibility, it can't cause harm to have a policy or system put in place to mitigate risk can it?

Do I have to check my male programmer privilege checklist now?

harassment is actually a non-issue. what happens at these types of events is that some female gets unwanted attention from some fat ugly guy and she thinks it's harassment because it wasn't brad pitt talking to her.
with these policies, all they are doing is giving room for SJWs to play their little games of falsely accusing people they don't like.

> claims of harassment are often false claims
which is why there should be a process in place to distinguish between actual harassment and false harassment, rather than just pretending harassment doesn't exist.

>. what happens at these types of events is that some female gets unwanted attention from some fat ugly guy and she thinks it's harassment because it wasn't brad pitt talking to her.
So harassment at an event has never happened? Ever? Not once?
I guess I should remove all smoke alarms from my house... after all, I've never had a fire.

no, you better put harassment alarms in your house, so you can check your male cis white programmer privilege and apologize to poor oppressed and harassed trans-racial womyn of color

>which is why there should be a process in place to distinguish between actual harassment and false harassment
Like completing a "male programmer privilege checklist"?

Yeah like maybe they can find some cunt that's capable of decent UX. Interfaces made my programmers ain't shit. Shit, let them do graphic design and this happens:

wiki.haskell.org/Haskell_logos/New_logo_ideas
github.com/WebAssembly/design/issues/112

Lol mate if you think I'm white or male you'd be wrong

>nigress
get out

That explains a lot.

somehow I'm not surprised

Please go on

To be fair, I'm not the one that's been throwing around the words 'privilege', 'cis white male', 'oppressed', shit like that. That's all these guys.

I've just said that a harassment policy is hardly some grand conspiracy of the SJWs, and is quite a sensible, harmless thing to have *in the event* that harassment could potentially happen.

give the SJWs an inch and they'll take a mile

The fact that you think there's nothing wrong or discriminatory about having a seminar on a "male programmer privilege checklist" shows that your head is so far up your ass that you can't see that you're the insane one in this thread.

What seminar? It's a semi-tongue-in-cheek wiki page. Of course it would help if you'd read up on the thing you're so angry about.

Right so we'll pretend harassment never happens, has never happened, will never happen, and not plan to handle it in any way shape or form ever. Just in case those evil SJW types use it to further their evil agenda!

it's irrelevant whether it ever happens or not. what's relevant is how often it happens, and that can't be all that often. it's really not worth having any "anti-harassment" measures.

How can you claim to know how often or not it happens more than the person in charge of putting together documentation for stuff like events for debian?