Post yfw at work around your colleagues

>post yfw at work around your colleagues

>implying colleagues
>implying work

Couple seniors quit over the summer, HR compensated for them with a bunch of complete newcomers. That makes me team leader on the virtue of being the only one who has at least vague idea what this project is about.

>mfw unemployed high school dropout sitting at home fucking with computers all day

I'm the new guy at my workplace and most people who didn't know me there before barely acknowledge my presence, thinking I'll quit soon or something.

Wish they'd all shut up for a second and let me actually work in peace.

Guess I'm wishing for too much...

>People who haven't been sysadmins since the 90's trying to micromanage my shit

SAML sucks

>mfw it's not even 9:00AM and some fucking roastie whore is already trying to start smalltalk

I'm full aware that this might be just the case of people being idiots and wanting to feel important. But if this is somebody who has no idea what you're doing higher up at the chain of command (presumably titled Manager), consider giving them a short report every once in a while of what you've done. On layman's terms. I might get them to leave you alone.

I love small talk, I think that object oriented programming was well put in its design

The people in the business were such massive fucking assholes to me and the fellow codemonkey I work with that he ragequit the project and won't talk to me. Now I'm hung out to dry and get awkward silence from my cubicle neighbor.

like this but more hungover

>walk in and hear that one co worker who blast their music to their headphones everyday even though we ask him every time to lower it
>he wonders why no one wants to hang out with him after work

I do give weekly reports. The previous sysadmin was extremely conservative on allocating resources to anything, to the point where the end user's experience was horrid (laggy). Now I come in and say hey, the load is incredibly high on your infrastructure and you need to increase your hosting budget. Now they believe I am just wasting their money, so they want to sit there and micromanage my shit to see if I am truly wasting money (which I am not). Meanwhile the Tier 1 support and Sales people love me, because the product(s) isn't shit anymore.

>walk in fiddle around with a jira ticket for a day
>eat office ice cream and soda
>eat free lunch
>fiddle around with my ticket some more
>go home
They pay me way too much money.

>yfw

>tfw app com 2 bubble: electric boogaloo hits and you and all the other overpaid faggots like you lose their jobs

>implying
I'll probably jump ship in another year or two and get an even higher salary. Man the industry is fucked.

took a seasonal job, and for the first time, nobody I work with is a dick. feels good, but it'll feel bad since it's coming to a close by the end of November. Maybe now I'll have time and energy to learn how to Linux

They almost did Halloween decorations based on such classic memes as "dancing baby" and "Grumpy cat"

The programming team isn't too bad. The sysadmins are total bros.
I feel like my boss doesn't trust me with more work because of how young I am (youngest person on the programming team by about 15 years), even though I've demonstrated as much as I can that I'm competent and willing.