Hi Sup Forums

Hi Sup Forums,
Is this laptop a good choice for gaming?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/VgcnGf
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834234297
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes

ASUS is generally a good brand. What are the specs?

>ASUS is generally a good brand.
lol

I'm curious, why not just build a micro-ATX desktop build?

For ~$600 you can build a desktop 4-6X as powerful for professional PC gaming compared to a $1,000-2,000 gaymen laptop.

Well I mean Asus everything I own still works great.

Asus gayming laptops have the best cooling. But people don't usually need to game on the go.

>For ~$600 you can build a desktop 4-6X as powerful for professional PC gaming compared to a $1,000-2,000 gaymen laptop.
No you can't

>professional PC gaming
lol

>gaming
>laptop
Choose one.

See build related

pcpartpicker.com/list/VgcnGf

That is nowhere near 4 times as powerful

Judging by the looks, runs pretty fast

It is. Even $2,000 gaymen laptops have overheating CPUs which throttle often which reduces FPS even more than it already does by bottlenecking the GPU.

Find me a gaymen laptop that can play BF1 at max 1080p settings (my build can) at 90-100 FPS.

Go ahead I'll wait.

That shit isn't even 1 times faster than newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834234297

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Even with thermal throttling, your rx 480 build is not 4 times faster than a 1.5k laptop

>lightweight
>lightweight
Not even the same laptop.

I'm sure this faggot doesn't even cleans his house and his vents are filled with dust reaching levels of obscenity.
Disgusting.

Got the model before this one to replace your g74sx3de and I love it. Don't game but these are the only laptops I have bought in my life that are durable, packed with hardware, great screens, great responsive built in keyboard and a goodtrackpad. Couple that with the 4 ddr3lp, stock i7 extreme, dual hdd bay, usb3.1s with a thunderbolt, dedicated gpu and cooling system that will never get louder than a whisper yet keep it all down at 30C.... I'll never buy anything other than asus. Fuck windows though ubuntu all the way as soon as I buy em.

It. Is.

Prove me wrong with a benchmark showing that turd running BF1 at maximum 1080p settings (100% scale, no cheating).

protip: you can't

I can't because I don't own a gaming laptop, but even iris pro laptops have a quarter the performance of an rx 480.

I bought the one with a 780m and a 120hz screen 3 years ago since I travel almost every week, still works today without a single problem, you just have to dust clean that shit thrice a year.

What's bad about asus?

lol

Anyway they crammed a 45 watt CPU and a ~100 watt GPU in a laptop. Nobody should be surprised when the CPU throttled to 2GHz and the GPU to 800MHz and even then still had to shut down due to excessive heat lmao.

>I can't because I don't own a gaming laptop
Your post should have ended right here with you apologizing for being so retarded.

>but even iris pro laptops have a quarter the performance of an rx 480.
Source: my ass

Just because I don't own a gaming laptop doesn't mean I'm deluded enough to think that a $600 desktop can quadruple the performance of a 1-2k laptop

Then prove me wrong.

Save your money.
Gaming laptops are embarrassing.
You'll regret your purchase.
Seriously.
Buy some shares or something that will retain its value or put the money into savings.

not 4x faster bro

it's 1/4 the price and probably just as fast, but not 4x faster

470 does it

chiming in because you're bad

XOTIC Sager NP9172 (Clevo P775DM3)
Desktop i7 and gtx 1070
>Buy a good laptop cooling pad because you're not retarded
>Have literally same performance as parts in a desktop