How easy is it to get a programming job?

How easy is it to get a programming job?

yes

Do you know how to program?

Yes but I'm shit at Math. I only know Python.

>Yes... I only know Python

Oh man. Do you REALLY know python, or did you pass the codeacademy course?
If you actually know Python, make some projects, and put them on github, make a linkedin profile, and hope to god someone calls you.

fug

pretty fuckin easy if youre a genius at programming. REALLY FUCKIN DIFFICULT if you know jack shit about programming

to know python you must become python

should I also become a python?

easier than most jobs of that repute and pay but still not simple

It's pretty easy, you just need to be really good at math, know a few programming languages, have a solid theoretical background in data structures and algorithms, have a few projects of your own with people who use it, if it's a web-based/mobile app you should have at least a few hundred thousand users, be active on github/bitbucket by contributing to other projects.

Trivial. To get one you actually want is hard, though.

Code monkey jobs are all over the place, and there only things you have to worry about are is the coffee machine is stocked, and is the manager is going to outsource this job? But chances are they'll pay you so little as a code monkey, that it would cost more to outsource. You will hate programming, computers, and yourself within a month. You will gain very little practical experience, since you'll be writing VBS macros for the marketing department. If you're very lucky, you'll get to write a vb frontend for an old mainframe program that's been ported over to nt4, then to linux, and then back to Windows as a .Net 1.1 app running on an unpatched XP box. But you won't actually write any of the code, just a picky clicky interface.

Jobs you actually want take skill and experience, and the ability to express that you have those during an interview.

>Jobs you actually want take skill and experience
What if you're fresh out of college with no experience other than your school's computer repair shop? My school was a small school in the middle of nowhere with an even smaller CS department.

>inb4 "why didn't you go to top school XYZ faggot hurrrrrr"
My school literally waived 3/4 of my tuition for being a poorfag. The state school fifty miles away would only wave a third of it while requiring me to live on campus for the first year, which would have tripled my college expenses (basically 1.5 times the normal in state tuition price). Compared with the kind of aid that the small school offered, the choice was the only chance I had at a degree.

>One time pad decryption
Isn't that impossible.

What constitutes as knowing how to program in the industry? I can program some easy scripts and set up a website using stackexchange.

That's the point.

THIS

True story: there was this guy who didnt need to be employed as a programmer because he was really good at programming. He woke up one morning and started drawing out the flow charts and other organisational preparation, did some market research then rented a small office and started programming. 6 months later he went to every recruitment company in the city and asked if they liked his software. They did and he customised it for each customer and started raking in money. During this time he offered phone support and onsite support, and remote support, and he charged for that too. While all this was going on he hired some programmers to deliver version 2 and made even more money.

Most of the programmers are shit at math. Even i could survive CE analysis course when i know next nuffin, just gone to tutor to prepare me to the exams.

LMFAO !!!! hehehehehe
AWSUM !!

I don't get it

Define being shit at math.

>hope to god someone calls you

fuck, this board is autistic