Sure got told?

sure got told?

pcworld.com/article/3137179/storage/apples-new-macbook-pro-may-be-the-worlds-fastest-stock-laptop.html

Other urls found in this thread:

techreport.com/review/28050/intel-750-series-solid-state-drive-reviewed/5
appleinsider.com/articles/16/10/31/kuo-demand-for-new-macbook-pro-models-tepid-due-to-high-prices-disappointing-specs
ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook Pro 13-Inch Function Keys Late 2016 Teardown/72415
ultrabookreview.com/10939-laptops-nvidia-1070-1080/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpeedStep
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've been assembling the most absurd and expensive windows laptop online to see what could I get for 4k (maxed out apple is about 4300 dollars) and not even a msi gaymer led meme pc with 4ssd of 1tb, nvidia 1080 and 16ish(?) gets close to that price.

its a $1500 laptop, what on earth did you do

>Dual Core
>fastest

Nice meme

The joke is that they only mean the SSD

>800mhz
>world's fastest

>2014

>touchpad literally as large as the keyboard

The maxed out 15" with memebar goes for $4299. I can't find a stupid and overpriced laptop that can compare to that pricetag. The MSI maxed out only got close to $3999 with the most idiotic configuration you are allowed to do.

NVMe is a meme.

techreport.com/review/28050/intel-750-series-solid-state-drive-reviewed/5

Paid advertising

>"""""""""""PC"""""""""World
>published by a mactard

This is the most retarded and overpriced shit I can "create" and the pricetag is still lower than the "maxed out" memepro.

you can get a HP Zbook studio with a xeon, 512gb NVME SSD, 32gb of DDR4, 4K IGZO display, and a quadro M1000, for just shy of £2k, the base 15 in memebook is £2400
and the Zbook as thunderbolt and ports you can use without an adaptor.

you'd have to fucking retarded to buy this generation MBPs, as it's not like windows laptops haven't pulled their socks up on the design and build quality, in the past 18 months since the last MBPs.

Its certainly one of the fastest flash storage drives I've ever seen in any form of computer. Here's something I'm hoping one of you can answer; why the fuck do Apple make their flash storage so fast? They put real emphasis on disk speed every update. Is it for their 40gbps Thunderbolt future, to ensure there's no bottlenecks in a system?

>gaming laptop
kek

To update facebook faster.

All of those specs mean absolutely nothing. The only reason why people like Macs is for macOS and its perfect tailoring to the specific hardware along with long term support and the juz werks that goes along with it. There's no point in high end specs in a PC apart from games. For a personal normal use machine a Mac is the only logical choice, unless you for some reason enjoy using Windows. I think I'd rather go back to Linux.

Because you're looking at gaming trash instead of workstations.

pcworld/cnet/engadget are shilling hard this time

>Quadro M1000M
Absolutely BTFO by the Radeon Pro 460, just like the M2000M.

Are you trying to justify wasting 2k on a base model computer just because of the OS?

Might as well drop the money in a retarded hackintosh build and call it a day.

>why the fuck do Apple make their flash storage so fast?
For a start, it's probably more cost effective and battery efficient than improving the performance of other parts.

Fastest storage != Fastest laptop

I am happy with my new alienware r3
Good display
Good size
Good battery life
Good components
Also the keyboard is nice, feels like old thinkpad keyboards
Lastly, the CPU/GPU runs awesomely cool.
Idle temps on the CPU/GPU 29c/20c
Light usage CPU/GPU 40c/20c
Watch youtube/streams and doing some stuff CPU/GPU 40~50c/30c
While gaming CPU/GPU 65c/70c

t. Apple cultist

>apple trash
>workstation

I think you're on the wrong board, friend

>gaming
>laptop
Congrats, you are not better than the retarded macfag

>he fell for the PCIe meme

Those SSDs are still using SATA.
What the hell, MSI. What the hell.

Does it have fans this time so it wont thermal throttle in 50 seconds of heavy usage ?

>Are you trying to justify wasting 2k on a base model computer just because of the OS?

Yes. That's why Macs are expensive after all. When you buy any other machine, the company as had barely anything to do with the software side, they pre-load some generic Windows version, some basic drivers for hardware and the rest is up to you from then on. Macs actually have to be tailored from the ground up, each build of macOS has to be perfected for its hardware before its shipped. The manufacturing costs and parts of a Mac don't cost that much. Even though the newer Unibodys feel dense and solid as fuck.

Why so mad?
It's a perfect laptop, sure looks bleh and have "gaming" features. But I like it for the size, ease to carry and everything it has to offer. The screen is something else and so is the keyboard.

>he fell for the PCIe meme

>I don't know what a bottleneck is

Oh boy, some retard actually wasted their NEET hours on making this picture.

Even the most Applefanboy websites are saying its a flop.

appleinsider.com/articles/16/10/31/kuo-demand-for-new-macbook-pro-models-tepid-due-to-high-prices-disappointing-specs

ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook Pro 13-Inch Function Keys Late 2016 Teardown/72415

Also even the legacy keys rMBP 13 2016 is not repairable. The only thing that honestly saved Apple this year is Samsung fucking their own shit up.

see

Still valid. That fucking thing has 0 fans.

>real applications are the bottlenecks!!!!

>p-p-please look more at my artificial benchmark scores!!!111

Fuck off retard.

Same shit with different cloths and the GPU name

>>real applications are the bottlenecks!!!!

There's nothing artificial about those benchmarks. The PCIe drives are faster than the SATA3 ones, this is fucking logic and computers for you. There's just nothing in a system right now that calls for higher bandwidth past SATA3 because its fast 'enough' right now.

>Each build of macOS has to be perfect for the hardware.

Yet they can't put their shit together in the hardware side and you need to buy adapters to plug your $2k handcrafted laptop.

>There's nothing artificial about those benchmarks.

Kill yourself.

The inflated price and complete and utter lack of upgrade or repair options are standard for all Apple products. What is surprising is that a new Apple iPhone cannot be plugged directly into a new Apple MBP, and they both have different and incompatible types of wired headphone support.

>As AppleInsider noted earlier today, the recently released MacBook Pro series is powered by Intel's Skylake class of processors with LPDDR3 memory, a specification that supports up to 16GB RAM.

>up to 16GB RAM.

Allow me to repeat
>gaming
>laptop

Adults use real computers to do work, and LoL doesn't count as 'work'. A real computer can be a Lenovo, a Dell, an HP, an Apple, you know just not a meme-machine with neon green LEDs.

What is ACTUALLY the world's fastest laptop right now?

>A real computer
>Apple

Fuck off mactoddler.

You belong here less than the gaymer kiddie.

The ones aboard the ISS are traveling a few hundred miles per second right now.

Keep telling yourself that. I didn't know you could post to Sup Forums from a DOS shell.

>I use my macbook air for real work guizz

>posted from my booth at starbucks

>thousands of professionals in the valley, seattle and nasa use mbp. plenty of pictures available on the internet to prove it
>Sup Forums can't acknowledge this and just hates it because teens get them with daddies money
i hate you people so much. they may be ruining the mbp with the last two releases but they have been and will continue to be used in the professional world regardless of your personal opinions

Gee i bet all those instagram girls posting pictures of their macbooks with stickers are genious undercover
What a time to be alive

>leds make this computer useless at 'real work' despite good specs
uh

>toddlerbook
>professional world

Hahaha no. Do you seriously think Hollywood studios use Macbookpros for their shit?

Not even Apple uses their own shit these days.

I don't own a MacBook, because no one does 'real work' on a laptop of any kind. Desktops exist for a reason.
I'm a dunkin man

all this fags with these prices and gayming laptops and >muh ((((work stations)))

>os
Windows server 2012
>cpu
i7-4810MQ vPro
>gpu
Geforce 745
>display
15,6" 1920 x 1080
>ram
32gb

backligh keyboard, touchscreen with two batteries and max 5tb of Sata hdd
and cost about 13,999$

>genious
What did he mean by this?

>idle temperatures lower than room temperature
That's not how any of this shit works, m8

>long term support
>post steve jobs apple

Right, the Apple Desktop that hasn’t been updated in what? 1000 days was it?

A toaster is probably faster than those.

I never said anything about Apple desktops. Just that 'professionals' aren't doing 'professional' work on laptops.

>>support
>>apple

>For a personal normal use machine a Mac is the only logical choice
But its windows not mac.

Some pigfat clevo/sager probably

>in orbit
>world's

That is a lot of plastic, I can't see it holing up well in the real world.

>using a device out of warranty
spotted the poor

Holds up better than the soda can shit apple makes their trash out of.

>external accessory
>still not even over $4k
did you even fucking try

get with the times, grandpa. starbucks isnt even the hippest shit anymore

user said fastest not best.
some of those things have desktop CPUs

ultrabookreview.com/10939-laptops-nvidia-1070-1080/

I'm not that guy but Clevo's most powerful laptops are marketted as 'desktop replacement' laptops. You can carry them around but really bulky, heavy, and I don't think they'll hold up well against it. They're also designed so that it's easy to take them apart and modify them.

I have an M570RU (big bulky 17 inch laptop) from about a decade ago. I've taken it apart a few times. I used to carry it with me when I first got it. Recently the hinge on the screen broke and prior to that some internal plastic broke (one time i took it apart). It hasn't held up perfectly but considering how old it is and that it's been in constant use all these years I'd say it's held up well.

Everyone look at the retard and laugh!

lol are you even trying?

pretty weak, senpai. You could try harder :^)

I say this time and time again, currently, there is next to no benefit for higher then 600mb/s read speed, realistically, any application pulls out just about as much preformance from 3000mb/s as it does 600mb/s

there are rare few games that benefit from over 600 but even then, its a 10 second gap at 30 second load time that happens 1nce hever half hour to hour at most.

in fact, if you just look at games, there is barely a reason to use ssds as a defragged hdd at around 300mb/s read gets shit done almost as fast as a 600mb/s read hdd, and don't show me that one benchmark where the guy uses a 7 year old hdd at 5200 to a top end m.2 for comparison

realistically, once we got rid of the seek time, most applications barely benefit from over 400mb/s read,

the few that do are
1) you need to read VERY large files fast, as in video editing and the files are several hundred gb big,

2) you need to write massive amounts of data, from video games, 1080p under a lagarith lossless codec gets about 3gb per minute, and around 6gb at 60fps, then again 12gb a minute at 1440p and up to 24gb per minute at 4k60. you are looking at a massive amount of write data there, and that's no joke, I come at this from a recording gameplay angle because its one that i know numbers for. when recording, you want as fast a write as possible, and intel pcie ssd is the only thing right now that doesn't drop in write, and is consistent.

There is likely more that a normal user could use the fast read for but honestly off the top of my head i'm drawing a blank.

>i7
thats cute
xeon laptops are where it's at

you could set it up to be full screen, so you touch one corner it makes the mouse go there, not sure how good it would do that, but it should be possible at that size.

while I do agree with the notion, your poor application and use of it as `bait' I cannot agree with

>2017
>no ECC RAMDisk in your laptop
HAAHA WOW.

Why does this matter? I'm asking because I don't know what that means. Does it matter to the regular user or is it important for programmers?

NANI?!?!
Very well, you win this round

Actually, it can get to $5200 with tax.

It doubles the speed of your RAM, let’s says you have 16GB of ram, the ECC turns them into 32GB

>It's two years old and I still don't know what Intel Speedstep is.

sad!

I remember a number of years ago, If you didn't need a quatro or firepro, gaming laptops from lesser known companies were the best buy as they usually offered better displays and keyboards then their 'serious pro work' counterparts, in some cases coming in cheaper too.

samsung laptops were never good tho

ECC helps prevent accidental bit-flipping in RAM that can ruin very precise calculations.

>it's two years old and mactoddlers are still trying to brush off toddlerbooks throttling under load as idle

>caring about speeds of SSDs
The very fact that you use an SSD eliminates the biggest file IO bottleneck - seeking times. Bandwidth differences result in millisecond real world usage differences, unless you're copying gigabytes of data. Shit, you can install your OS on a compactflash card and get a better experience compared to HDDs.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpeedStep

i know you're poor but you don't have to be stupid too

Only matters when you run that shit for days. Why would you keep your laptop running for days?

>speedstep
>kicking in during benchmarks
Did Apple throttle your IQ as well?