Sup Forums fell for the DX12/Vulkan meme

>Sup Forums fell for the DX12/Vulkan meme

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/227349/amd-releases-specifications-on-the-radeon-pro-400-series-graphics
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why's DICE so shit at making games?

>cards designs specifically for DX11, with 0 design for DX12 do better in DX11

Call Nvidia m8, I think youre onto something theyre not.

Literally the only devs capable of implementing Vulkan/DX12 properly are Crytek, DICE/EA and Epic

>the only devs capable of implementing Vulkan/DX12 properly are Crytek

Examples?

I would argue that idTech6 is the only unqualified success so far.

That's because their starting point was OpenCL, which is a lot shittier than dx11.

>performs worse than dx11
>properly implemented
Okay buddy.

only because nvidia can't properly run dx12

Meant as in "has the capability given their track record"

That's stupid. If the card is capable of at least 65FPS, then you change literally nothing except the software and get 57FPS instead then the software you've changed to is shit and is not properly utilizing the hardware.

Anyway, the biggest testament to how shitty this DX12 implementation is is the fact that AMD gains pretty much nothing while having a solid boost in pretty much all other titles and known-shitty DX11 drivers. If DICE couldn't make DX12 run better than AMD's crap driver they definitely fucked up big time.

It's high time games start carrying more meaning than blunt performance funneled through purchasing power or as a vector for larger scale business enterprises.

DX12/Vulkan has potential yet only when the industry can dictate relevant positioning and purpose. New technologies carry risk and the market leader needs to answer to sustainably maintain market share.

DX12 is lower level and can do everything DX11 can. If DX12 performs worse than DX11, it's the developer's fault.

Only on nvidia, because their cards aren't able to take advantage of the new low level features

If you don't have the hardware to run it properly, then it runs worse. It's nobody but nvidia's fault if they can't get more performance out of a new API while their competition can and does.

even on AMD it's like 3FPS improvement, what's the fucking point

*0.5fps improvement on average

still better than shitvidia

>it's a Sup Forums pretends $700 they use video cards for anything other than gaming episode
lmao fuck off retard

>If you don't have the hardware to run it properly
The hardware to run faster than DX12 is already there, as evidenced by the actual benchmark, what the hell do you even mean? Do you think there's some DX11-exclusive hardware that DX12 can't use or what?

techpowerup.com/227349/amd-releases-specifications-on-the-radeon-pro-400-series-graphics

>1024sp
>rx 460 desktop 896sp.
now you know where all the chips went and why the huge gap with 470

The fact that there's both a D3D11 and 12 renderer shows that they had no intention of devoting time to proper DX12 support from the get-go, and it's more of a launch afterthought that they may or may not improve once devs actually learn how to work with it, after the market only just recently shifted to being DX11-only in the last few years

Did Doom not implement it well or something?

not in just performance delta but the fact that the engine pipeline was written from the bottom up for modern style APIs with tons of postprocessing for everything.

try to read one of the writeups if you can, the way the rendering is structured is actually quite interesting.

Doubles my framerate, I'm using an apu though

Maybe don't buy a meme card? Just my suggestion

>waaaa my gayme doesn't perform better with this poointheloo api then that one

Doom is the only Vulkan game that has genuine benefits that make OpenGL pretty worthless in comparison, but id is also staffed by an R&D team lead by the engine guy from Crytek when CryEngine was still good, and actual effort was put into it. Vulkan still requires the understanding of OpenGL functions given it's origins, and id has done nothing BUT OGL games in their lifetime of existence, and considering most devs dropped it around the era of DX8, it should be assumed that no AAA studio is ready to switch back to OGL after a decade or so of DirectX

why make a post if you don't understand what DX12 does?

>amd btfo
>Sup Forums
>nvidia btfo
>ayy lmoa

the OP was literally about nvidia getting btfo with dx12. It still belongs on Sup Forums

oh sorry, i just looked at the chart and saw that all the nvidia cards were higher than the amd cards

The anime girl and crossdressing board is complaining about GPU's and API's

Always choose superior Nvidia performance & power efficiency over AYYMD HOUSEFIRES MOAR CORES

Throw the Fury X in that chart and talk to me later.

>Anyone who only uses AVG frame rates is confirmed retarded.
Dx12 is shit

Thats right pajeet, back to the loo with you

I cant belive im saying this

but thank fuck for android and iphone games, due to them some might not do everything in DX

Also emudevs. RPCS3 and Dolphin have pretty good Vulkan support.

That's funny cause they seem to have no problem advertising cards with dx12 as a "key feature"

back when cryengine was good? Crysis 1 still runs like dog shit today, and even the best hardware when it came out could barely pass 30 fps on its highest settings. Not because it looked fantastic, but because it just runs like dog shit.

We need to ban people like you. Seriously, go fuck back off to your /CSG/ or /TPG/.

DX12/Vulkan are superior pipelines, but they don't let vendors drop-in "optimized" shader replacements.

In principle all the tweaks could and should go upstream into the devs' engines themselves, but Nvidia would be loathe to have all their TWIMTBP efforts benefit their competitors as well.

No worries, my GPU doesn't support DX12 anyway, it is using DX11 by default.