Should I get a 1080 or wait for 1080 ti?

Should I get a 1080 or wait for 1080 ti?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WY6kgISv4fM
lmgtfy.com/?q=1080 ti
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1080ti is right around the corner

Don't get a $600 1080
Get a $400 1070 and the next $400 GPU in 2 years or just wait and get re $800+ 1080ti in a few months

Or you could get a $160 RX 470 that will be as fast as the GTX 1070 in 2 years.

amdrones go homu

Hahaha, what kind of delusion is this?

Get a Titan XP, it will last forever, trust me.

Utterly Insane! Almost Irresponsible amount of performance!
youtube.com/watch?v=WY6kgISv4fM

OP, rumors show no 1080Ti in sight.

As a Titan X owner, only the next HBM2 flagship under a sustainable architecture is worthy for an upgrade unless we see more cash runs.

It's true that flagships hold their value longer, however Nvidia currently has sole distribution on all flagships so that might be a game changer, pun intended (essentially because of internal competition with Quadro and professional uses)

No HBM2 for 1200$, great :^)

waitfagging more than 3 months is unhealthy, gl hoping for the future

1080ti has been confirmed and exists, it's a Titan XP with a dozen cores taken off and 8GB of GDDR5X, capable of higher clocks than Titan XP and with aftermarket cooler options
It's estimated to come out in January/February at over $800

Actually I think it was the full 12GB. Still no HBM but it's not like that's a bottleneck for anything at the moment

source?

There was like a dozen different articles all over technology sites (and Sup Forums too) when the details leaked a few weeks ago

lmgtfy.com/?q=1080 ti

By the time the 1080ti comes out the 2000 series will be on it's way.

>not waiting for 1180 ti

looks like the only winning move is not to play, huh?

muh async compute

You thinks devs will waste cash/time optimizing for async compute when the fucking market leader intentionally crippled it on their cards? Nvidia has gimped the playing field for so long devs just don't fucking care anymore.

I'm bothered that Titan XP has 3540 cores instead of 3840

The full 3840 cores are only available on the P6000 which was recently released, this indicates inhouse leveling.

When you pay full price for a GPU, you'd expect the full chip.

Wait for Vega, Nvidia will most likely drop something huge to completely destroy it.

If you think 320gb/s of bandwidth is enough, well....

This has been how it is for years, nvidia never releases the best they've got because next year the can, and can sell it for more
From what I hear, sacrificing processor clusters helps the card reach higher clocks but fuck if I know what that means for overwatch

>jumps from 1000 to 2000
>only 15% performance gain

Why no 1100, we know that this will be just a refresh of Pascal.

Don't get a 1070

This is what happens everytime I try to do anything. Only on one User. Makes no sense.

Works on my machine :^)

evga?

t. AMD IS BANKRUPT AND FINISHED!!!