So what do you use your raspberry pi for?

So what do you use your raspberry pi for?

Other urls found in this thread:

pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-mumble-server/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

showing it off to my friends and passing it off as the smallest computer

it gets me garunteed 100% authentic irl yous

kodi

collecting dust

as a paperweight

I2C diagnostic and serial EEPROM programming

Basically this.

SSH into it, play movies.

Also, I2P

I just keep all of my music on it and keep it plugged and connected to the internet so I can access my music from anywhere

Testing my hammer

plex/home server

why?

To smash the patriarchy and develop inclusive and easy to use software aimed at minorities.

christmas light controller

Why use overpriced SJW shit when cheaper chinkshit alternatives exist?

one on my 3d printer server
one on my tv as kodi/moonlight
one for random dev

good luck porting actual useful programs to the chinkshit

linux

nothing
It's too slow to do anything other than turn leds on or off

they'd be usable if they had more fuckin RAM

Quads for dank post
Thank you

I use my orangepi as vpn

I use a pi3 with lakka to play older games on the tv.

Dust collection.

As someone who has tried many projects, and half of them should "just werk" but they don't, and troubleshooting them doesn't werk either, I know that feel bro.

built a bong/vaporizer that runs on one

Buried in my backyard with POE for a 1337 on-site backup server that won't be affected by fire or flood and can't be found

Using one right now for a persistent mumble server.
So my manchild game friends and I can communicate issue free.
Before that I used it for emulation.

>works bretty gud/10 on both accounts

I used it to show some power points in college.

Great for playing movies off of a flash drive, especially when hdmi isn't available, I can still use the rca video.

Also PirateBox is pretty cool. I was attempting to use it to make a web interface for sending signals to the gpio pins, but I ran into issues because scripts accessing the pinout require root access.

Also, the raspberry pi edition of minecraft is pretty cool. You can place blocks programmatically, and do some pretty cool stuff like pic related

this is literally me irl

The pi doesn't accept PoE...

I have an odroid-xu4. It's my emulation box.

>feds raid your house
>find a cable leading from your house into the ground
>"eh, it's probably nothing."
truly flawless

I bought the orange pi and set up armbian

Going to try and find someone's wifi to crack, enable port forwarding and then install the pi to their power and then set it up as a public server that anybody can upload to and download files from.

I'm using it as a seedbox

A better way would be power-line Ethernet, and bury it next to an inconspicuous device like a water pump or the charger for the lawn mowing robot.

Been a paperweight for three years, might transfer my QW server to the thing as my old server's power hungry and just same slow

Controls and connects to my IP surveillance camera, using a USB battery pack as a ghetto UPS for both. Also connected, 3G modem, to upload snapshots when DSL goes down when the intruders cut my power lines.
So far no one has intruded. I expect them any day.

literally nothing

as pcs
for everything (got 3)

Is this like using it like a server? I'm interested in this. What software do you use?

I wish I could eeprom I got no idea how-to reflash bios for MSI. All I see is Asus/giga

Is there any good mobile covers?

>not open source

not Stallman approved

Telegram bot

One for a VPN. It's ghetto as fuck and dusty. Should probably clean.
Plan for another one to be a small (~2TB) NAS.

This is me with arduinos.

shut the fuck up

Drift charm on my integra.

Asterisk robocalling machine using 40 Google voice trunks.

OSMC media center,

I use it as controller for RH/Temp sensors, humidifier, fan, lamp for my mushroom fruiting chamber. It also collects and visualizes said sensor data on a webpage. Pretty neat.

I recently found an AR Parrot Drone Innawoods, if I can fix I might do a SkyJack thing with the RPi. That's a big IF.

Still waiting for an RPi that can decode HEVC 1080p60.

Came here to say this.
This. Unless you're buying rpi 0 for less than $10 there's no reason to use an Rpi instead of Odroid.

One for an under the TV media center

And another with an antenna that lets me connect safely to public WiFi like 3blocks away through my VPN

y u do this?

Element14 is SJW now? What did I miss?

Why though?

Collecting dust and uptime

HTPC and browsing machine.
I put old 32 inch TV in my bedroom.
Pretty neat, can watch neet anime when in bed and it's pretty useful for learning.

It's fast enough to play quake3 and open arena.

Raspberry Pi 3 as Retro console + kodi,
NanoPi Neo as VPN and Logging Server,
Orange Pi One will be built into a handheld gaming thing.

I have 7 more sbcs (NanoPi, OrangePi, Chip by NTC) that are waiting for projects, might sell the handheld for profit if it turns out well.

I have set up and sold Raspberry Pis as homeservers before, made an android app to control lights, heating, etc with timed control and some simple logic editor.

nice

Mind point a noob to any tutorials for a mumble server?

I have a Pi2 that I use as PiHoleto block ads and I have a Pi3 that runs kodi.

Found what to do tonight

1 as a pihole
1 as a torrent/sftp server

To run my discord bots

that's pretty cool

shadowsocks
squid
ssh

Feel free to test, sourcecode on github is outdated!

use it as a pihole, very easy to setup and is great use of it.

What price did you charge for the homeservers?

breddy cool m8, tonight I'm gonna set one up to control my media server

Worked together with an electrical installation company, so it was a combo package for customers. But a few hundred euros, came with a responsive design website + support.

The app later and new implementation was a free upgrade for some to get some reputation for my cv, as it was my Bachelors project and sounds nice if you can monetize your uni work.

This is something I want to do.
>Install PoE IP Cameras around the house
>Wire them into a single PoE Switch
>Wire a Pi3 running MotionEyeOS in the Switch
>Set to record motion during set hours and either record video or images to some network storage

Might be moving house soon so its not worth it yet, for now I've just got a Zero PiHole and will probably get another for cocking around.

Tempting to get a Pi3 for Kodi along with an audio HAT board to connect up a Toslink amplifier, but I used Kodi which sucked on a Zero plus audio is usually shit on Linux

>bought orange pi.
>boot it up once
>collecting dust

pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-mumble-server/

Raspberry pi echo. Get Alexa on that bitch

pi-hole, it's the most decent use I found for it and it actually works pretty well.

mail archive to SD card.

How does it block when you're on cellular network?

Man, Raspberry Pi Zero just needs wifi/Bluetooth and USB-C and it will be perfect. Next iteration when?

RPi B. It's a home server, running some things. Has been plugged in for almost three years, rarely stopping.
Right now I've hooked up a display to it to output currency exchange rate.

The rate makes the picture look dated, since USD/RUB hasn't been that high in a long while, thankfully.

Why bloat it with wifi when you can get a dongle for $2?

I'd have to agree here.

Pi Zero was made exactly to be small and cheap, almost Arduino-like. Putting more things into it makes no sense.

Assignments for class. It's not powerful enough to run a media center like I wanted, so I took a class on it that way I can at least get easy credits.

Wi-Fi is nearly universal and only needs a tiny chip. If you can keep it cheap (I think so), it's a no-brainer. Why put anything on it at all?

i do this
but not for the You s
maybe someone could give me a better idea for what to use it

>communism

Because not all components are dirt cheap and plug-and-play like Wifi adapters

Can you imagine the margins on the Zero? They're probably paying out of their own pocket for every Zero sold. You'd have to wait a while until they'll be able to add anything else onto it.

Run a cloud server for myself

you can set up an owncloud server and stream music from it.

really cheap server combined with noip like a personal FTP server because fuck cloud

syncthing node
linux experimentation
discord chatbots
http server (filehost, webvideo player, etc)
vpn server
getting around security bullshit at work (vpn to shitpost freely, filehost to download-by-proxy stuff that's otherwise blocked, etc)
occupying my personal domain name with at least something real

so quite a few things actually

It currently costs about $4.90 to produce a Zero. By the time you factor in taxes, they're losing money on each one.

It can with a few changes.

You can also go the cheap and lazy route and buy an adaptor for PoE that lets you plug your RPi power and ethernet in to it.
Now you can throw that junk anywhere without needing to have a separate power line as well.

how's 1080p video playback?

It powers my arcade cabinet with glorious 240p RGB.

is there any PI that support mobile screens? i have old broken samsung

It might work if the ribbon cables match. Otherwise good luck hooking it up.

24/7 home server

Running transmission, ssh and a custom script to port forward rdp and ssh ports for my computer over UPNP since i live in a dorm where i don't have access to the router.

I use it as a second working computer: light browsing, shitposting on Sup Forums, reading pdf, reading manga with a pivot monitor, downloading torrents with rtorrent, as a printserver for the iMac, for watching films and anime in mpv (as long as it's not in 10bit), listening to spotify via mopidy and ncmpcpp and for getting a better understanding for GNU+Linux.