What is the best computer i can buy if i don't want to be a stupid autist having to buy all my parts separately then...

what is the best computer i can buy if i don't want to be a stupid autist having to buy all my parts separately then putting them together while crossing my fingers that everything works together properly?

what do you want to do with it
define best

i want to be able to play games, i don't want a laptop, something around or under $1000

this so much

please don't say 'light gaming'

Dell Precision series.

> i don't want a laptop
Lenovo ThinkStation and ThinkServer series, add your own video card.

>I'm not a stupid autist
>I just want to play video games

Oh, the mirth!

Easy, you get the parts from a site that includes building+testing and have them put your Lego pieces together for 100$
>being too retarded to build a computer

Will upgrading my video card help performance?

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.5 GHz
6 GB DDR2
250 GB SSD
Asus EAH6870 (DC/2DI2S/1GD5)

I can buy a video card double the performace for around $80. I know my processor isn't exactly new, but I feel bad when spending a lot of money on my computer.

I mostly play Heroes & Generals.

Yes.

If you want to do other upgrades, LGA 771 CPUs and adapters and DDR2 ECC RAM are cheap as fuck now. Shit's a dollar a gigabyte or less.

Does his motherboard support ECC RAM?

are you aware that everything inside the case is socketed such that it is impossible to insert incorrectly without completely hulking out on it?

even if you broke the notches off and put shit in backwards it won't fry anything, it just won't work until it's in right

No LGA 775 motherboard supports ECC RAM.
Doesn't mean it doesn't work, though. They aren't even supposed to support LGA 771 CPUs, but that doesn't mean they don't work.

Besides, compatibility with ECC RAM depends mainly on the CPU. I learned that the hard way.

>Besides, compatibility with ECC RAM depends mainly on the CPU.

I assumed it was the chipset that provided support for ECC memory?

Many years ago I dropped some server RAM into my desktop and was non-plussed when it failed to work; only later did I discover the chipset only supported non-ECC Ram.

> I assumed it was the chipset that provided support for ECC memory?
You'd be wrong. Absolutely wrong.

You can have a LGA 2011-V3, but if you don't have a Xeon, you don't get ECC memory.

> Many years ago I dropped some server RAM into my desktop and was non-plussed when it failed to work; only later did I discover the chipset only supported non-ECC Ram.
Your chipset is a fucking LIAR. You MAKE IT WORK.

XEON L5430/L5420 OR BUST

>your chipset is a fucking liar

hehe

Interesting.

I'm always open to new information, it's good to have old assumptions challenged.

Thanks for the input.

Therr is no reason to call the others as autists just because you are so braindead that you cannot put PC pieces together and make them work. I mean, it's just a step further than playing with Lego. How dumb you must be? Just go Apple, jeez.

Source?

It's just some stupid latin bitch whom fell for a ruse.

>t. asshurt gayming virgin manchild

Anybody who recommends Dell has never opened one up to see all the shitty and cheap components inside. Google "bad caps" I like digital storm computers you can have killer gaming machine that just works. You can tweak the hardware if you want on the website. Dell=cheap crap.

Molex, tho.

Can you plug a game console or DVD player into a television? Building a PC is really not much harder than that.