Have you ditched Google yet?

>Don't use Gmail.
propublica.org/article/google-has-quietly-dropped-ban-on-personally-identifiable-web-tracking
youtube.com/watch?v=Jesj7GD9yFY

>Don't use Google Search
Google actively censor search results they don't like
Google is biased

>Don't use Google Apps
Google collects metadata from Android phones
borncity.com/win/2016/07/01/surveillance-google-collects-meta-data-phone-calls-sms-from-android-phones/

>Don't use Google period
Google Backs TTP
publicpolicy.googleblog.com/2016/06/the-trans-pacific-partnership-step.html

>DO USE
Firefox and an alternative search engine such as Searx.me.
Replicant, Xprivacy and gapps-less AOSP roms or microg apps (microg.org/).
Run your own email service with mailinabox.email/ or use privacy-respecting services (afaik) like Protonmail, Tuttanota, Startpage etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

microg.org/).
motherboard.vice.com/read/this-isnt-a-google-streetview-car-its-a-government-spy-truck
mailinabox.email/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nah i'll keep using it

My friends all use google services, and facebook. I'm fucked regardless, so I might as well enjoy the conveniences.

Bing all the way my man. If I have to give my personal information to a corpo on the net, might as well do it with one who's goal is more than just advertising to me

I use yahoo still but I'll gladly switch to a different email. Proton charges you out the ass. Any ideas?

>Replicant, Xprivacy and gapps-less AOSP roms or microg apps (microg.org/).
Not everyone has a rooted phone OP.

this

But Microsoft, Apple, Yahoo etc are all doing the same thing, why single out Google? At least Google is honest about what they do.

what if I send/receive 1-2 emails a year?

You shouldn't use them either.

Of all those Yahoo is probably the worst but Google is basically a covert US Government agency these days.

motherboard.vice.com/read/this-isnt-a-google-streetview-car-its-a-government-spy-truck

>Firefox and an alternative search engine such as Searx.me.
Firefox is full of censorship happy SJW warriors who inject their personal opinions into projects and SearX.me still relies on search data from Google down the road.
>Replicant, Xprivacy and gapps-less AOSP roms or microg apps
all completely underdeveloped and far from everyday solutions for the wide majority of people
>Run your own email service
And pay for a VPS if you dynamic-only residential internet, and be at the mercy of that service provider entirely
>use privacy-respecting services (afaik) like Protonmail, Tuttanota, Startpage etc.
Not a bad idea, but believe me, it only takes 1 whack-job manifesto and them refusing to release user details because "muh privacy" for any one to get shut-the-fuck-down

As well, none of these are really free-as-in-freedom anyway. Requiring high-speed data access with an ISP who collects and sells FAR more information than Google ever did, about you. And unlike a Google Account, where data can be easily falsified, ISPs enjoy the benefit of being able to employ government laws, rules, and committees to imprison you if you lie on your subscriber information.

Tl;Dr:
None of this is Free-As-In-Freedom in the long term anyway. Enjoy this age of digital feudalism and pick the master that gives you the most back.

>Enjoy this age of digital feudalism and pick the master that gives you the most back.

lol exaggerate much?

But they offer such top-notch services free of charge, I can't help it

>Dont use Gmail
>Dont use Google Search
>Dont use Google Apps
>Do use Google Captcha to make this post

okay

>Firefox is full of censorship happy SJW warriors who inject their personal opinions into projects
How is a web browser full of SJWs? I don't see any fat Sims characters dancing on my screen when I use it.

You must be retarded.

Are there any downsides to rooting your phone? The only reason I haven' done it is because I don't understand phones, android, or linux enough to know how to use it properly and since I use it almost exclusively for phone and text, I'm worried rooting it might leave it more vulnerable to hacking somehow.

>free of charge
They charge you your privacy though. I'd rather pay with money than with privacy. But I guess that's because I'm a pedophile terrorist russian wikileaks backing drug addicted anti american.

just bought a pixel OP thanks for the advice

>Free of charge
You are the product being sold.

Nice try freetard... Ops, Stallman.

I'm using startpage as an alternative to Google search. Is Searx.me better? What are the benefits?

Also check out ungoogled chromium those who are fed up with firefox performance

>ungoogled chromium
nice bait

OK

but
you can make money
you cant make more privacy
so what happens if you choose to pay with privacy and run out of privacy to pay with

>Not everyone has a rooted phone OP.
why?

>my bootloader is definitively locked
you should get a better phone, that can respect your freedom a bit more.
>it void the guaranties
stop being americuck
>it's complicated
no it's not

In that case, instead of paying for a product, they'll make you pay for a license to use their product.

The only google service I use is google search (via DDG's !g bang). Too good to replace / alternatives are too bad.

(I also watch youtube videos but I scrape their site via RSS and download the videos via `youtube-dl` using a cronjob so I can watch them locally)

This

I'm using ixquick since a few years now and haven't looked back. If the rare case of bad results come up, I resort back to ddg or google.

I think it's generally a bad idea to have everything at one company, it how I learned it when growing up: Never use two products of the same company whenever possible.

E.g. with MS Windows, don't use MS IE, with Apple Mac OS X don't use Safari and so on.

Same applies here: Have a device by Google or GMail? Don't use any other Google services then.

If you want to live solely online, don't just go to one dealer, spread your stuff.

Give me one big company that does't collect data.
And Google is actually making better stuff than you list. Heck, you're even using their reCaptcha.

almost ditched google I just need to ditch the hardest thing to ditch the search

I have. Except for YouTube. Fucking YouTube.

Startpage

>If I ever have to give info to a corporation

Thank you for confirming you don't have a job.

why even Firefox these days sends telemetry bullshit all the time?

how do we turn off Satan?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

>Preferring freedom == fat
You're an idiot

>guys stop using Google
>while I link to this youtube video

I think that is proof enough that there is no life without Google and you can't run away from it, OP. Embrace the botnet.

>>DO USE
>Firefox and an alternative search engine such as Searx.me.
>Replicant, Xprivacy and gapps-less AOSP roms or microg apps (microg.org/).
>Run your own email service with mailinabox.email/ or use privacy-respecting services (afaik) like Protonmail, Tuttanota, Startpage etc.

>yahoo

lmao, hello grandpa

OTA updates get disabled (but you can usually just manually flash the update with recovery)

Android pay is blocked

That's about it, really.

No, i haven't nor will I.

I'm not a paranoid freetard, and make use of their services. But then again, I get paid 300K starting and don't """work""" for free on open source shitware. I guess successful people don't mind since we have lives worth living.

Sup Forums btfo

You can yotube-dl that video and Google will get nothing apart from your IP address from this.

Don't do it, it's not worth it if you don't have an exact reason in mind. I'm not saying you're not capable of doing it or anything like that (it's quite an easy process depending on the handset), but rooting doesn't have many uses if you don;t want to do something specific. Removing bloatware is pretty much the numero uno reason Sup Forums does it from what I've seen.

Mrs. Clinton what are you doing on this forum?

You can use a tunnel with the search and Google will get nothing but the tunnel's IP. But you are still using Google, mate.

turn it off?

Tormenting the deplorables.

But they don't benefit from you or record any meaningful data to their surveilance database.

Friendly reminder that Google can link each of your post on Sup Forums to your identity.

They can monitor at which point a captchas token has been consumed, the identity of who generated it, and see what post was made at the point. In case of fast moving board they can be even more precise by measuring latency.

If you have a google account you're pretty much fucked, but even if you don't they can track your IP, monitor your usage and eventually, if they're actively looking for who you are, pinpoint you.

And the beautiful thing is that Sup Forums doesn't even need to cooperate, it's either that or you buy a pass.

>it's either that or you buy a pass.

Nice try Hiroshima.

>implying freetard crapware can even match google's services
top kek

>I get paid 300K

who gives a fuck you materialistic edge lord? is that supposed to impress or something? go buy a fucking bugatti veyron, you dick.

Are startpage results the exact same as google results? I've switched to using duck duck go as my default search engine... haven't played with startpage too much yet.

For work-related searches (programming-related questions) I've been falling back to google. I love duck duck go but their results simply aren't on par with google's yet in that area and when it comes to my job I can't compromise. Also, I don't really care if google knows I am searching for tomcat configuration help or whatever. What I don't want is google knowing what I'm searching for when it comes to my personal life.

The US needs better consumer privacy laws. People say "well you volunteer your data by using the service." That's a painfully simplistic (and really idiotic) take on things. Google has become so large and entrenched that it is next to impossible to avoid them entirely.

I'm not optimistic about it happening though because our entire legislature and the executive branch is for sale. The rich and the large corporations can buy whatever laws they want, they just have to call their payment a donation.

We seem to be in the wild west when using practically any service imaginable requires you signing a ToS that would take weeks to parse (or, even better, you agree to that ToS by default when you use the service.) And the ToS basically relinquishes any and all legal powers you may have had. This to me is actually one of the biggest flaws with libertarianism, it simply doesn't provide any practical solutions here.

This is like a textbook example of the flaws of libertarianism (and I consider myself a libertarian on a lot of things.) Corporations are completely running amuck all over the consumer when it comes to privacy and digital services and as it stands there is zero government regulation to protect them.

poorfag got triggered

your mom did when I bought her a car and fucked her in the backseat of it.

I still use Yahoo, but my dad uses Juno. If I'm grandpa, is my dad the common ancestor?

no one gives a fuck splooge-can. you had better do more than a fucking lame mom joke if you want to get one up over me.

No, he's the big bang.

this

your mom did tho so once agen ur rong

lets see how many mom jokes you have. keep going until your 2-minute attention span craps out.

your mom has a 2 minute attention span

basically this

Will you shut the fuck up already

Not OP, but the devteam of Firefox is. Still using their browser though.

keep going.

no. will you?

I use it for my normie life

cm with pico gservices

>>don't use gmail
I don't

>don't use GS
lmao
every other alternative is 100% shit

>apps
iPhone

>Firefox
I do use

>searx.me
lmao

>replicant
again, iPhone

>Run your own email service

>Tutanota
I do use it, this and hotmail

>no. will you?
I literally just posted once you rancid cunt, just go be poor pretending money doesn't matter elsewhere you hippy fuck

your mom said the exact same thing

>user, don't get The Mark, you'll be condemned to the lake of fire
>nah, i'll use it

>Google Search

I use duckduckgo and qwant.com - both pretty nice.

I'm really liking Bing, as much as I hate the fucking name. Still can't bring myself to replace google with it though

i don't care how often you posted you dead-beat. hit a nerve already after only one post? wow, it's as if all your value is in the almighty dollar, you fucking worthless poser.

keep going. gimme 10 at a time.

did it.

>Don't use Gmail.
I dont except for a throwaway mail for joining random forums, its an old adress so it has no phone or name or anything attached to it.

>Don't use Google Search
I don't

>Don't use Google Apps
I don't

>Don't use Google period
I use captcha for shitposting on Sup Forums

>DO USE Firefox
I do

>DO USE Fan alternative search engine such as Searx.me.
I do

>DO USE Replicant, Xprivacy and gapps-less AOSP roms or microg apps
My phone isnt android

>Run your own email service with mailinabox.email/ or use privacy-respecting services (afaik) like Protonmail, Tuttanota, Startpage etc.
I use Protonmail

fpbp

Calling firefox developers "SJW" isn't technical argument and not an argument at all. Google, Apple got full on SJW garbage long before Maozilla.

Use GS with proxy then. Don't login.

aww, no more?

>using firefox

I've never seen a browser degrade in quality faster than Firefox. The only redeeming feature I can recall was making the interface extremely minimalist.

>look how much money I make hurf hurf
Good for you mate but not everyone has bent over to the bottom line society and its corporate overlords.
Stupid rat race scum.

Nah, I've triggered you enough. Have a good afternoon.

If I was running drugs on silkroad or something, or a Mercenary, or in any sort of federal profession, I would probably watch my google use.

...however I'm not so fuck it.

is this all your 2 minute attention span and hilarious mom jokes have to offer?

i want you to continue. you have not bothered me one jot.

>tfw have almost completely migrated to tutanota and will delete my Google account in a couple of months (need to make sure that everything of importance is dealt with).

But what about my Android phone? I refuse to use an iPhone from Apple because they defend terrorists (san bernandino shooter) and that you are forced to use an apple-id which is like a Google account.

Will creating a new google account and claming to be an underage teenage girl from norway going to stop Google from correllating my old account and merging it with my new account? I will of course register the account with a burner phone so the IMEI and all that jazz doesn't contaminate my new account. (i rely on some apps that aren't available on F-Droid).

>inb4 use a dumb phone
I would if they had full disk encryption (yes i know that Google lies about Android's FDE because only the /data partition is infact encrypted)

t. escaping the Google Botnet, one step at a time

do you even know what Big Data is? They are not spying you, they are just collecting data, you are irrelevant to google

By extension then if everyone is so irrelevant, why do it in the first place?

So what's a better email service that doesn't collect and sell personal account information or information from emails?

Wouldn't it be better to use all of google's products, but block their ads?

They spend processing time and electricity to find out the best ads for me, and giving me free service with the expectation of sending me ads, but they'll never make money off of it. I block ads on literally all of my devices.

This hurts them worse than just not using it.

Prevention is better than cure.

Nothing about Eric Schmidt or the collusion with the Clinton campaign identifying voters and trying to affect the election?

Prevention? What are you preventing? As long as Google keeps making money off of this they will keep doing it. If you force them to lose money (even a small amount) that's worse than if you just didn't use it. Imagine is 80+% of people blocked google's ads. They would go bankrupt.

>Prevention? What are you preventing?

Uhm, preventing the loss of your privacy maybe? I dunno.

>They would go bankrupt.

So?

I use Google Apps on my phone, use Google Search and pay for Google for Work :^)