THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER

>built a home build pc about 1.5 years ago
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/8Ckx9W
>it was this but with an asus amd radeon r9 290 4gb graphics card instead
>used a pirated Windows 8.1 pro
>it ran Guild Wars 2 well for about a year
>it slowly degraded in performance until the game was no longer playable due to lag
>upgraded to windows 10 when the offer came
>THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER 6 months ago
>tried clean installing, reinstalling video drivers, other drivers, BIOS
>kept happening
>sent my gpu back with warranty
>received an ASUS STRIX radeon r9 390 8gb gpu
>popped it in
>still got error
>reverted back to my windows 8.1 pro pirated
>no error for a day
>got it again

How do I stop this from happening? Is this a hardware issue? Please help!

Other urls found in this thread:

community.amd.com/thread/185027
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/jFrZ2R
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Uninstall Raptr shit that comes with some AMD drivers.

>community.amd.com/thread/185027

Source

Looks like the motherboard supports the ram in Overclock mode only.

I don't have raptr on my pc but I still get the blue screen of death.

I think it's a hardware issue but I can't pinpoint what it is.

Gaming Evolved program then.

Probably your hard drive.
Get an SSD.

I don't have that either.
This might be why. I'll have to buy a new motherboard or ram.

Check again trust me it gets in there.

Just look into how to overclock it from the BIOS

It only gets in there if you click on express install.

>AMD

Found your problem. Should have stuck with Intel GPU like Iris Pro for regular gaming.

Run memtest86, ive had almost the exact same issue before, it ended up being falty ram, once I removed it everything worked fine

OP here
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/jFrZ2R
I think I was using a different RAM than I originally stated just by looking at the color of my RAM.

Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
The Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds the Intel Haswell Refresh CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.

Looks like I can try to replace the RAM to see if the problem goes away.

This. I sent my laptop twice because it won't even start, the screen would not turn on.

Turns out both times I had defective ram modules and one of my ram slots needed repair.

There you go, also try

I'll try it out right now thanks.

Can you reliably recreate the error at some specific point? That would make it a lot easier to troubleshoot.

If you have more than one stick of RAM, I would start by removing each one and running the machine while testing one stick. Make sure you do this in BOTH of the RAM slots you're using. I had an issue once where one of my RAM slots was causing an issue, but neither of the sticks were. Made it kind of hard to troubleshoot.

Since another install, and another card are causing the same problem, we can probably rule out software. That being said, the other hardware switching options are a little more intensive, but it could easily be a problem with your MoBo from the nature of the error. You said you were getting this on another card? And on another install? To me this instantly points towards either the RAM or the MoBo...

Probably bad RAM,I had this happen to me afew months ago before school started so I had to figure it out pretty quick.

I'm about to head to bed. I'm running memtest and this scan takes several hours so I'm typing this on my phone.

The RAM I have has a voltage rating of 1.65 whereas my i5 4690k is only rated for 1.5v +5%. I think this was the main cause of my problem. I'll buy a RAM rated 1.5v or lower to see if this fixes my problem. The blue screen could be my mobo yeah but there is no way to diagnose it with any guarantee unless I just shill out and buy more RAM.

The error occurs when I'm doing many things at once.
>several tabs of youtube
>reading Sup Forums
>downloading something
>maybe playing gw2

It does not seem to occur when I am just playing GW2 but I can't really be sure. There is no way to guarantee the blue screen.

>every day Sup Forums posters
>"it seems to be an issue with the ram"
>uneducated retarded monogoloid Sup Forums poster
>HURRR IT MUST BE DU AMDS FAULT
honestly nvidia shitposters need to fuck off to Sup Forums and stay there.