Why haven't you gotten one yet Sup Forums?

Why haven't you gotten one yet Sup Forums?

Your life will be much better and easier with one.

submit.

Other urls found in this thread:

pss-1.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've already got one.

Fuck off I'm mad that we can't get them in europe yet.

hopefully before christmas?

But they aren't out yet? Waiting on reviews since I have an Echo already.

Reviews say it BTFO the Echo

Is that a trashcan?

Botnet

Eh, I decided to look it up since I guess it came out today. Not that impressed.

Reviews say the speaker is worse and Echo is still more polished being a older product. I'll wait.

If you already have an Echo it's probably not worth it to switch right now.

But if you don't have either it's probably better to get the home

I like technology but I hate how it is completely destroying privacy.
and this is a change that really kicked into overdrive recently (in the 21st century.)

fuck this spying trashcan
fuck the echo
fuck google glass
fuck all of this useless consumer garbage
fuck the cameras that we are blanketing the entire country with

we have already transformed the entire public landscape into one giant panopticon.
the people buying this shit are now trading the privacy of their own family's dwelling for the unimpressive gimmick that is a voice controlled trashcan.

I guess I thought people would have more self respect

Surprised they haven't dropped the price on the Echo. I got mine for $99 and thought even before the Google Home announcement that $130 would be the sweet spot. Wouldn't pay more than that for it. I guess that's where the Dot comes in though.

i quite like the idea of having a star trek computer in my home, even if i don't have much practical use for what's essentially a 'play music' or 'start a timer while i fry these stakes' toy.

however, given google's poor track record with supporting their creations, their insistence on 'just talk like a sheltered silicon valley babby and you won't _need_ an instruction manual telling you what it does or how to use it', and more importantly that the walls and ceilings in my apartment are thin enough to allow me to listen to the couple upstairs making love and presumably vice versa, i don't see me using a google home in the future.

In what world does ever increasing technology not lead to AIs and decreased privacy?

Honestly. Just think about it

>self respect
>consumer technology
pick 1

>In what world does ever increasing technology not lead to AIs, controlling population through selective breeding, decreased privacy and huge rifts between social classes?

fixed that for you user.

The fuck is even that thing?

I won one at a conference, but I really don't want to use them.
Should I sell them?

okay, yeah sure.

But is there any scenario in which technology doesn't lead to that?

At least until we're able to travel to distant planets out of the immediate reach of earth

It's an improved Google Now in a case, meant to compete against Amazon's Echo/Alexa.

what's the point of it?
what does it even do?

I completely agree with you, I wouldn't object to a lot of things If we still can choose if we want or not be part of it but at this rate in this social media shit world, I say we are doomed and the best that could happen is some super AI getting shit together wether we like it or not.

No, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be careful.

The thing is, even if we are the products of advertising companies like Google, that doesn't mean they really do anything shady with our information. They sell ad space and show ads to the right people. They don't give away any private information in the process, they just figure out how to direct ads properly.

Lower privacy doesn't really mean much if individuals can't go pulling out other individual's information on demand. Google does store a fuckton of data and manages to organize most of it, but there's so much of it that feasibly doing anything with it, for slander or whatever, is substantially harder than just getting physical access to someone's computer and looking at their history there.

The bigger concern here isn't data collection like everyone seems to think. It's tapping, but that's already handled by wire tapping laws in the first place. If it's legal for a government agency to tap and/or track your phone, Google Home and Echo change nothing.

I kind of want one for when I'm cooking and want to set reminders/timers, and change music. Does anyone here have one?

I warned you bro

All that natural language processing shit, and you still have to speak the right words.

>OK Google, shuffle my thumbs-up playlist.
>When should I leave for my next appointment?

Plays my thumbs-up playlist from the most recent backwards, and displays my agenda, respectively. Gets a similar result to what I wanted, but not what I wanted in the first place.

what's the point of anything

We can have technology without people submitting (and in fact, volunteering for) pervasive surveillance.

People don't have to buy spying trashcan microphones for their bedrooms to check the weather and listen to Bruno Mars. They choose to, because the advertising successfully convinced them that the gimmick that is voice control is more valuable than privacy.

People don't have to cover their entire cities with government spy cameras either, but their overlords in the media have convinced them it is necessary because the world must be full of scary people.

The braindead and fearful burger-slurping masses are apparently willing to forego any semblance of privacy because they value gimmicky consumerist garbage and a false sense of security more.

I don't see how this spying trashcan is in any way necessary. I guess you can get your stock without having to put down your diabetes-inducing sludge to type.

If anyone thinks their gimmicky trashcan microphone won't be wiretapped and used for surveillance they're an idiot.

Nothing more calculated to say "home" than dirty white colouring with a bowel of thunderstorm grey. I can already tell my missus is dripping wet in anticipation

>that doesn't mean they really do anything shady with our information.
I don't think they're doing anything inherently shady simply because they have info. In fact, the targeted ads on facebook from Amazon actually showed me something pretty cool that I'm likely going to get for my nephew for christmas.

>People don't have to cover their entire cities with government spy cameras either

That isn't decreasing privacy much in the grand scheme. This is what you really need to worry about, and end consumers have nothing to do with it

pss-1.com/

Fixed it for you

Call me when they make robotic meidos

they'll probably discontinue the product and delete all information about it from the internet before then

you know, like they do with all the shit they've ever made

I have a lava lamp, but thanks. also no botnet in the lava lamp

>that fake mic mute button
Google knows that false sense of security will insure no valuable information is lost

B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T